Searching for the right FUE clinic

encina

Hi you guys!

I’m in a pretty intense stage where I’m looking for the right clinic to visit for the treatment of my hairloss. I thought I had made up my mind, but I’m not so sure about my decision anymore.

I was planning on going to Turkey, and that has not changed. I have a hairline issue, and suffer from hairloss in the front area. I'm 26 years old and I’ve been looking the past years after the right clinic and I’ve had like two och three clinics in mind all these years.

For the past week I've been in contact with a clinic (I don’t know if it’s necessary to mention the which one), and they recommend like 1800-2200 grafts in the frontal area. I was happy with that number, but on the other hand, I think I’ve never seen this clinic work with the small number of 1800 grafts. And that’s probably my biggest fear. Because of that, I started to look again at Dr Keser, who almost all the time work with that amount (give or take 200 grafts).

I’ve had a hard time finding results from Dr Keser, but a few days ago I made a bigger effort. And I would definitely consider myself as a ”Dr Keser kinda patient” according to my research so far. 

I would like you hear your opinions on my case, what do you think based on the pictures below? Does Keser sound like a good option?

Regards!

2018-10-27 (6).JPG

2018-10-27 (4).JPG

2018-10-27 (1).JPG

2018-10-27 (2).JPG

Edited by encina

Got to be honest, going by your pictures, I'm finding myself questioning whether you actually need a HT at the moment. What are your goals in terms of HT surgery? Think Dr Keser does some good work in the hairline and for smaller cases, is probably the one I'd go for from Turkey if it was just touching up/tweaking things up front.

Edited by Fozzie

• Administrators

Hold off on surgery for now, at 26 your hair loss will definitely progress and as you lose more hair an aggressive hairline becomes less of a priority. Maintain what you have with finasteride and minoxidil.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm just going to be blunt here. You do not need a hair transplant. By the look of the pics it's going to be years before your hair loss pattern really shows itself (if at all) and I really wouldn't advise any surgery at this point. 

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thank you all for your answers. You seem to agree with each other.

I'm on finasteride, and I have been for around 16 months I would say. I have documented my situation with pictures from May 2015 and it's hard to tell just from pictures, but I think I've maintaned the hairline (it might even got a little bit better since I started with the medication last year). Thats why I've started to think about doing a hair transplant, since my situation pretty much looked the same for several years. 

Would you change your mind if I say i'm soon to be 27? ?

All jokes aside, I appreciate your answers and your opinions very much since it's a big decision.

Edited by encina

I agree with Melvin and others, your hair looks too good and your quite young.  Keep a picture diary for the next few years.  Take photos from all angles and monitor any changes.  Best of luck to you.  May guys wish they had hair like yours.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Another picture. Wet hair and focus on the side that's worse. 

It's hard to be fair in pictures, I've discovered. I think my situation in real life is a bit worse than my pictures are able to show.

292968898_2018-11-04(6)-kopia.thumb.JPG.58e711952a2091a82f2b87d75e07643d.JPG

I have to agree with the others, your hair is still very strong and you do not need a hair transplant.

However, you do appear to have some recession to the temple areas which looks perfectly natural and on some folk actually looks good.

You might want to compare historical photos of your hairline to see if this area has in fact receded.

Hold fire on the transplant, keep up with the meds and monitor your hair for now.

Edited by Shera

You seem to have a full set of hair.  The little recession that you have could just be part of the normal process of maturing your hairline.  I question the use of Finasteride as your loss is not in the back area.  I would look into the other modalities, perhaps laser therapy.  Talk to your doctor and see what he recommends.

Ease up on the use of gel.  This will cling the hair together and make it look as if yuo have more loss.  The contrast of dark hair and light scalp does not help any of us.

You also seem to be enjoying a very youthfull hairline. Doing transplants at this point would NOT be good.  Most of the patients I know would kill to have the hair you have.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, encina said:

Another picture. Wet hair and focus on the side that's worse. 

It's hard to be fair in pictures, I've discovered. I think my situation in real life is a bit worse than my pictures are able to show.

292968898_2018-11-04(6)-kopia.thumb.JPG.58e711952a2091a82f2b87d75e07643d.JPG

Forget about hair transplants, your hair looks normal and most can’t even achieve this look with transplants. The risk outweighs the reward for you, you have your whole life to lose more hair. I would wait until you have visible hair loss to have a hair transplant. Right now it would be a waste of time, money and unnecessarily put your head at risk.

Hair restoration is not an  exact science,  even the best hair transplant surgeons have repair patients. Right now you have a perfectly normal youthful hairline, but you could end up with an artificial looking hairline, plus there will always be a mismatch in density between your native and transplanted hair. A transplant doesnt look as thick as your native hair when its wet.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Okay, I'm going to take a different approach than all the nice guy comments here.

If you even think about wasting time and money for a HT I will track you down and kick your ass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, OliverTja said:

Hi encina! I just wanted to say that I'm jealous of you :)) Your hairline is beyond naturally phenomenal.. it looks totally UNIQUE. And the density is perfect. Just enjoy and wish us good luck! 

I’m fairly certain everyone is jealous of him, its somewhat like a millionaire telling poor people he’s also poor cause he’s down to his last 10 million. 

View my thread

Thanks for your opinions. It's bittersweet. I'm glad that you think my hair still looks too good for a HT, but it's difficult to "accept" since it bothered me for several years.

11 hours ago, Shifty said:

This guy is definitely trolling us lol

No Shifty, I am definitely not trolling you guys.

Yeah, I still have a lot of hair on my head, but I've also have a very receding hairline, and it got this worse when I was like 21 I would say. I think it's a bit more stabilized now thanks to Finas, and as I wrote earlier, it might even be better and more dense thanks to Finas.

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m fairly certain everyone is jealous of him, its somewhat like a millionaire telling poor people he’s also poor cause he’s down to his last 10 million. 

Melvin, kind of a odd comparision, don't you think? Not everyone at this forum, or people who would like to have (or at least think they need) a restoration of their hair in general, has a NW4-7. It's tough as it is thinking about my hairline as a disaster for several years and not really know what to do. It's weird, I really should be happy with all of you giving compliments about my hair and situation, but it's kind of bittersweet, as said earlier. Strange!

But I know, that's why I asked for your opinions and help, and I'm very thankful for that and very glad people taking their time.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, encina said:

Melvin, kind of a odd comparision, don't you think? Not everyone at this forum, or people who would like to have (or at least think they need) a restoration of their hair in general, has a NW4-7. It's tough as it is thinking about my hairline as a disaster for several years and not really know what to do. It's weird, I really should be happy with all of you giving compliments about my hair and situation, but it's kind of bittersweet, as said earlier. Strange!

But I know, that's why I asked for your opinions and help, and I'm very thankful for that and very glad people taking their time.

No you're right, but the majority of people on this forum have at least some visible hair loss. You have a maturing hairline, which is perfectly normal for men who are approaching 30. No one looks at you and thinks "that guy is going bald" mind you the picture you posted with wet hair under harsh light shows a density that could never ever be matched with a transplant, this is a fact. Trust me, if you feel bad about having a seemingly full head of hair, I don't wanna see how you would be if you had a bad transplant. You probably wouldn't leave the house without a hat. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm just saying this to be honest. We don't sell transplants here, so I really don't have anything to gain, just giving you my honest opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

If OP feels they have nothing better to spend on and has the money for surgery, including enough money for a second surgery prior in case a touchup is required ,  then I don't see the issue. Keser is definitely a top option for this type of small refinement.

Realistically that gap in the middle of the hairline would probably agitate a lot of people here too if they're being honest. It should be said though that no one is going to think you are balding OP, even if your hairline is imperfect.

• Thanks 1

Encina,

I know a lot of others have already stated this, but why in the world are you even considering a hair transplant? In my opinion, you remind me of a young individual who has lost maybe the smallest bit of hair and thinks that hair transplant surgery will stop the progression of hair loss and  help them keep every single hair on their head since they’re high school glory days. This is not possible and since you appear quite young, I suggest getting on Propecia and/or Rogaine  to help stop the progression of hair loss and forget about hair transplant surgery unless you experience a significant amount more balding. 

Best wishes, 

Bill

• Thanks 1

There is a  slight  irregular  hair -line in the centre ,  at the moment there doesn't seem to be any thinning anywhere else , I personally wouldn't try to straighten the hair-line i.e  the recessive  temples .They might be an indication of mpb later on, as I had similar hairline at your age and progressed to a NW 5/6, but impossible to know at this stage . 

I cant see a major problem if you want to address the small irregular hair line at the front as wouldn't take many grafts to fix it presuming you go to someone skilled in   finer hairline placement ,personally I would wait and see how your hair-loss develops as your hair looks good and no one will in anyway look at you and think you have a hair loss problem 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your thoughts. Appreciate your honesty.

@Mick50 and @JeanLDD, I'm pretty sure I've always had that gap in the middle, even as a kid. So I don't think that part is due to hairloss.

On 11/9/2018 at 5:53 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

No you're right, but the majority of people on this forum have at least some visible hair loss. You have a maturing hairline, which is perfectly normal for men who are approaching 30. No one looks at you and thinks "that guy is going bald" mind you the picture you posted with wet hair under harsh light shows a density that could never ever be matched with a transplant, this is a fact. Trust me, if you feel bad about having a seemingly full head of hair, I don't wanna see how you would be if you had a bad transplant. You probably wouldn't leave the house without a hat. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm just saying this to be honest. We don't sell transplants here, so I really don't have anything to gain, just giving you my honest opinion.

Of course, if I had a bad transplant I would feel devastated. Thanks for being honest, I asked for your opinions and I'm glad you shared yours.

Btw, here's a pic of the hairline before Finas, 3,5 years ago. I have been taking Finas for almost 2 years now. No sides, so I keep on going. And as i wrote in an earlier post I think I might have regained some in the hairline. Hard to tell from pics, but when I see this I feel like it was worse back then.

2015-05-17 (3).JPG

Edited by encina

I had a very similiar gap in my hairline center, but mine was/is from MPB. I got it fixed 6 month ago and even though it is not matching (yet) the surounding density it looks much better than before.

The most important thing you have to consider is IMO: Are you willing to dedicate yourself for meds and transplants for your entire life? Cause once you have started there is no way back as soon as you lose more hair.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, encina said:

Thank you all for your thoughts. Appreciate your honesty.

@Mick50 and @JeanLDD, I'm pretty sure I've always had that gap in the middle, even as a kid. So I don't think that part is due to hairloss.

Of course, if I had a bad transplant I would feel devastated. Thanks for being honest, I asked for your opinions and I'm glad you shared yours.

Btw, here's a pic of the hairline before Finas, 3,5 years ago. I have been taking Finas for almost 2 years now. No sides, so I keep on going. And as i wrote in an earlier post I think I might have regained some in the hairline. Hard to tell from pics, but when I see this I feel like it was worse back then.

2015-05-17 (3).JPG

Well if this was you I think you gained quite a lot of hair back with finasteride, appears like you went from Norwood 3 to Norwood 1, which is great. Honestly, you achieved with medication what most don't achieve with surgery congrats man. Your hair looks way better now.

View my thread

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well if this was you I think you gained quite a lot of hair back with finasteride, appears like you went from Norwood 3 to Norwood 1, which is great. Honestly, you achieved with medication what most don't achieve with surgery congrats man. Your hair looks way better now.

Jesus the Fin is definitely working for you , you may never need a transplant if you keep taking it ,not that your hair was particularly  bad before ,just it seems much thicker and healthier now ,maybe think about a transplant in the future at some point but for now you're in a good place .

1 hour ago, jj51702 said:

Can you post a pic similar to your pre fin pic so we can see exactly how much of your hairline filled in?

Hm, this is probably the most similar pics I have from pre Finas, around six months later from the previous pic a posted.

2016-11-03 (12).JPG

2016-11-03 (15).JPG