Recovery time and experiences for HT?

Hey friends! I'm looking to schedule a HT with Dr. Hasson in a few months (I've already had a consultation with him). The thing is that I can't take a lot of time off of work. I'm curious how many days you guys have had pain and inflated faces. I would love to hear all about your own post-op experiences, or any advice you may have!

Dr Hasson is a great HT doc. I think one week will be sufficient to recover from any swelling if it occurs. If you follow post-op instructions carefully 7-9 day should be enough time for full recovery. Maybe have surgery on a Friday and go back to work the following Monday. Giving you 10 day to recover.

Louisjames, I didn't really consider being worn out. Thanks for your reply, I'll keep that in mind.

Dr. Charles, thank you so much for your reply. I'll take your advice into consideration when I'm booking time off of work. Great to hear that I can get back to work within a week!

It’ll depend on whether you’re talking about FUE or FUT, also if you’re talking about looking completely normal or just not like you’ve been in a car crash!😂

its far far easier to look normal after FUE, u can do a buzz cut and aside from some redness which you can pass off as sunburn or a reaction to hair dye etc then you should be fine. Also it will be less painful as there is no long incision.

slightly different with FUT. if you’re trying to hide the scar/staples you’ll have to keep a bit of length on the sides while the recipient areas get shaved. You’ll basically look like you’ve had the worst hair cut of your life!lol but doug does a good job at giving you a passable hair cut. The other issue with FUT is that it’s more painful due to the size of the incision, staples etc. I’d  honestly take a minimal of two weeks off for FUT, at the two week mark you can pass it off as a bad hair cut!lol

Edited by Aftermath

I assume you are talking about FUE.  I had no swelling or redness although the donor area was tender for about 6 weeks.  There was no real pain.  My scabs took about 1.5-2 weeks to drop off, but I was very gentle and never touched the implants until about a month later.  As mentioned by Aftermath your silly haircut will be a major concern.  In retrospect I would have got a buzz cut prior to FUE if I had it to do over again, but at 2 months I finally look normal.  I am retired so I can hide.  Most cannot.  I also had FUT in 2011, but that was very easy to pass off, and again I had no swelling or redness.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More