Does Masturbation lead to hair loss??

17 hours ago, SBSinNYC said:

When I was a kid there were jokes about Nuns telling kids that if they masturbated hair would grow on their palms!

They wouldn’t make that up, would they?

I'm using the hair on my palms and transplanting them on my head. 

• Haha 1

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Administrators

This is an old wives tale, no masturbation does not cause hair loss. You’re genetics and hormones cause hair loss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, badlyneedatranplant said:

Since there are a lot of experienced people on here.....

What makes you think we masturbate a lot?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:23 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

This is an old wives tale, no masturbation does not cause hair loss. You’re genetics and hormones cause hair loss.

But hormones fluctuate with the number of times an individual masturbates right? So it is related in some way. On an average may masturbate twice weekly...Not sure if this is more or less

• Administrators
5 hours ago, badlyneedatranplant said:

But hormones fluctuate with the number of times an individual masturbates right? So it is related in some way. On an average may masturbate twice weekly...Not sure if this is more or less

No, that's a myth. In fact, several studies show that sexual activity have no measurable effect on hormone production.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

13 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

No, that's a myth. In fact, several studies show that sexual activity have no measurable effect on hormone production.

There are studies that suggest DHT increases for a short period from testosterone conversion after masturbating/sex which is likely why the hairloss myth gets perpetuated, but of course genetics are what is actually relevant.

18 hours ago, badlyneedatranplant said:

By "experienced" I did not mean experienced in masturbating...LOL I meant experienced with the topic "hair transplant". Sorry if I have offended anyone

I was just kidding!  No one has been offended and we're having a lot of fun with this topic - safe to say your hair loss is not related.

By the way, I do have a Ficus here at home that is both male and female, will that do? 

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators

I decided to write an article about this, I suggest having a read to find out what actually causes hair loss.

Can Masturbation Lead To Hair Loss?

View my thread