2968 Grafts - Koray Erdogan

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kw877 said:

Wish I’d known this kinda stuff before potentially wasting 1000s of grafts I’ll never get back ...

Be patient, the work you had done looks promising. You shouldn’t put yourself through worry and anxiety.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 hours ago, Legend007 said:

technically l, I think they are using too small a punches for extractions .7mm average .. they have to do this since they do large number of grafts around 2500-3000 average .. n still be able to keep the donor in good shape .. but it takes a good surgeon to pull this off .. using small punches for dense caliber hair has a lesser chance of survival .. n they are using techs to do those extractions .. it depends on how experienced the tech is that is working with u for it to be successful .. it takes a lot  of skill to do the extractions correctly , especially if u do a lot of grafts .

I agree, lots of skill is involved, but, if they used larger punches for extractions people would be complaining of dotted up donor area scars and bigger gaps in the density, so it’s a no-win situation.

i also have to wonder if those that are getting sub par results are not sticking to the clinics post care guidelines to the T, not smoking, not drinking alcohol, not using hair products too early, not exposing the scalp to the sun etc....and....I also have to wonder if traveling a day or two after the procedure for return flights and trips home might somehow be detrimental to the grafts healing and survival rate given all the activity and stress that might be in play rushing for returning home, I kinda think it’s necessary to just rest and relax more than a day or two after such a procedure to maintain less stress on the healing grafts and improving graft healing and survival...especially since it takes 4-6 days for the grafts to become fully imbedded into and with the scalp.

Edited by VicTNYC

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 5:21 AM, Legend007 said:

technically l, I think they are using too small a punches for extractions .7mm average .. they have to do this since they do large number of grafts around 2500-3000 average .. n still be able to keep the donor in good shape .. but it takes a good surgeon to pull this off .. using small punches for dense caliber hair has a lesser chance of survival .. n they are using techs to do those extractions .. it depends on how experienced the tech is that is working with u for it to be successful .. it takes a lot  of skill to do the extractions correctly , especially if u do a lot of grafts .

I believe this as well but in stephens case his hair is not thick, unfortunately we don't know exactly who performed the extractions as Asmed doesn't disclose this.

Stephen do you have any updates? Will you try to get a refund? And how is the clinic explaining this?

One of the things I will say about when I consulted with DrKoray is there wasn’t a lot of dialogue back and forth. My consultation took place in the waiting room with other patients and staff.  I think a lot of it had to do with the language barrier but he basically walked in the room, looks at your scalp, says you need x amount of grafts and that’s pretty much it. The only thing I really said was I want a mature hairline, and would prefer a higher density rather than lowering my hairline too much. Afterwards he then uses a laser level type device to create a hairline and draws it on with a marker. Based on that, my assumption is that, given his expertise, that is the hairline and number of grafts required to give the illusion of a full head of hair. 

On 11/3/2018 at 3:42 PM, raptor said:

tried to share my concerns about asmed and erdogan and two posts deleted. Message me for questions. This forum is biased.

+1 here buddy. Locked out of thread. I'm becoming very suspicious on how unbiased this forum is becoming. It's meant to be a tool for all of us going through this issue and to help weed out any potential problems. 

The more Asmed is protected on here the more people will end up looking elsewhere I believe, as I have done. 

I think asmed were amazing up till around 2 years ago from the results that I've seen. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jamothee said:

+1 here buddy. Locked out of thread. I'm becoming very suspicious on how unbiased this forum is becoming. It's meant to be a tool for all of us going through this issue and to help weed out any potential problems. 

The more Asmed is protected on here the more people will end up looking elsewhere I believe, as I have done. 

I think asmed were amazing up till around 2 years ago from the results that I've seen. 

What thread are you talking about, you should be able to access any thread. This forum is a tool for transparent research which we provide. However, it is not a tool to spread misinformation or unfairly malign surgeons. The vast majority of patients from Asmed are happy and satisfied.  There are literally dozens of threads on this forum with satisfied happy patients. I would really like you to point out what thread you are referring too that you have been "locked out".

In fact, this forum is the only forum where members can post a public review about a recommended surgeon and have the surgeon actually respond to their allegations, no other forum or site allows this transparency. However, we won't allow nameless posters who haven't had a hair transplant with a surgeon just post to stir up controversy. This has never and will never be tolerated. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Members and guests,

There are certainly times that a topic has to be locked but we have never locked a topic just because someone had shared an experience that was less than optimal.  For example, look at this thread.  Not only is the op not happy but we’ve allowed some posters to criticize us openly while we try to explain our reasons for our actions on s transparent environment.   Ironically, very few topics have been locked and only when a poster becomes so obsessed about their own bad results that they begin condemning their doctor in every topic, even on another patient’s topic where they’ve shared positive results have we stopped a poster from ongoing posts.  

We are very fair and allow all members to share their genuine experiences and opinions on this forum.  But derailing a topic like this by making false claims of censorship (especially given that we clearly are allowing this topic to continue) is not appropriate. 

If a member has a problem with the way something is being handled, I encourage you to contact me privately.  But please keep this topic preserved in talking about the op’s results. 

Thanks,

Bill