2968 Grafts - Koray Erdogan

Hey guys!

New to this so bear with me ?

Wanted to share some recent close up photos from 15 months post op at Asmed. Also wanted to address a few things on one of the other threads here about my results.

For those of you who follow my progress on YouTube (Planet Stephen) you’ll know I’m going back in January to get a “top up” as my hair is very patchy, the hairline isn’t full and density is very low.

This is frustrating because I’ve seen some amazing results coming from Koray and Asmed clinic. I’m told this website and the people who run it are very much Pro Asmed so I’m trying to word this carefully so no one gets triggered. 

You can see from my photos and if you have seen my videos on YouTube that my hairline doesn’t compare to the results on Asmed’s website. There’s guys on there with much more advanced hair loss than me getting 2,000 grafts and coming out with the thickest, fullest hair ever. I got 3,000 grafts and I only think about 1,000 of them actually survived. I don’t know why the results are this poor but I wanted to pick up on a few things I read earlier on another forum.

Hairline too low - a few people blame me for the results as they say my hairline is “too low” firstly I think hairlines are subjective and secondly my graft number was based around this hair line. If I got a higher hairline my graft number would have been less, so I don’t think this is a fair arguement.

Also if Dr Koray felt my expectations were unrealistic or not achievable he could have told me this at the time. I was promised a natural hair line and what I have isn’t that. Dr Koray is also a highly skilled professional who knows a lot more about transplants than me, if he felt he couldn’t achieve the results I was looking for he could have told me that at the time during my brief 10 minute consultation pre op. He’s not a robot that you pre-programme with a hairline and graft number, he could of said at the time if my expectations where “too high”. 

Harsh lightening - I read a few comments saying that the lightening was too harsh therefor of course the results would look bad?.. you can’t say to someone who’s had a HT to not go in sunlight or in a bright room because your surgery would look obvious. This did make me laugh but c’mon let’s be realistic. 

I have not met one person who says my hair looks good or even natural in person. Photos/Videos soften the results you see so therefore aren’t getting a true image of how it actually looks. 

Hopefully surgery number 2 sorts me out and I can come back on here with my success story ???

Open to your thoughts..

Thanks,

Stephen 

EC20C3C1-9E24-4327-9F31-DE88346E5E53.jpeg

880C2FEB-6183-4EF8-A75B-E627CAD8EAC1.jpeg

B55F6763-7749-4CDE-A115-715333C656A9.jpeg

9897F118-23A4-489C-AD14-2538D8A8B9BF.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting man .. I’ve seen ur YouTube video .. ur hair don’t look bad .. but definitely not 3000 grafts worth ..  how many grafts are they giving you to fill in the density ? Hopefully ur second surgery,  the doctor will spend more time with u in the consultation ..  

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

Thanks for posting man .. I’ve seen ur YouTube video .. ur hair don’t look bad .. but definitely not 3000 grafts worth ..  how many grafts are they giving you to fill in the density ? Hopefully ur second surgery,  the doctor will spend more time with u in the consultation ..  

Thanks man, I know my hair will never be 100% or even close to the original density however I did expect more. I’m not sure how much is needed I’ll need to get that confirmed when I have my consultation in January ? 

It’s usually 1000 grafts for however Norwood u are. Norwood 2 = 2000

grafts .  Norwood 3 = 3000 grafts .. give or take ur donor hair caliber .. could be a little more or  a little less .. but it should be around there .. to have a successful hairtransplant.

9 hours ago, PlanetStephen said:

This is frustrating because I’ve seen some amazing results coming from Koray and Asmed clinic. I’m told this website and the people who run it are very much Pro Asmed so I’m trying to word this carefully so no one gets triggered. 

Edited by raptor
  • Like 1

Hi Stephen,

I’m unsure of your age and your potential future hair loss situation, but I would be very careful and think long and hard before jumping into another HT so soon at your age, as you have a very low hairline now and there will be scar tissue from the first HT (not like adding grafts into a virgin scalp).

To meet your expectations on density (if that’s even possible given how your first transplant went) what will you need going on your first transplant of nearly 3000 grafts? To meet your expectations will you need another 1000 or more likely another 2000 more grafts?

As there is no 100 percent guarantee with any surgery no matter who the surgeon is and as are body’s make up can sometimes also affect the outcome I would be really careful.

I am a newbie and not experienced in Hair Transplants at all; but common sense told me to write the above and I am trying to help here, I truly am and I really wish you the best so please don’t take what I have said above the wrong way (I understand your really not happy with things, but you could have another transplant that you have booked and there is a very small chance things could get worse or not much better, plus these extra grafts might be better used somewhere else later in life).

Kind regards...

Density does need a touch up however the hairline outline looks very good and natural. You'll have a killer result with another small procedure. Although I will say you really didn't need to a HT to begin with. Only someone that is obsessed with HT's would notice that you were balding. 

Sorry for this mate, i saw your videos and you should absolutely expect more for the number of grafts. Yet another sub par result during the last 12 months from this clinic. You should definitely get a consultation from a different surgeon to see how many grafts actually survived. Transplanting into an already transplanted recipient is an art due to the existing hairs and scar tissue. Have you had consultations with other doctor? Most can be reached by email and will be happy to look at your pictures, pm me if you would like to know more.

• Like 1

Hello Stephen.  I have a few questions for you...

First, did ASMED give any indication so far, based on your pictures and videos, as to whether they think 90%+ grafts survived?  If not, aren't you guaranteed a free touch-up?  This was one of the selling points for me in deciding to book with them (as I don't think they'd do this if they got consistently bad results).  

Second, even though you aren't happy with the frontal density at the moment, would you say that it's better than it was before the HT? In other words, do you think there was there any damage to your native hair in the recipient area? 

Third, I've seen some people report improvements in texture and density all the way up to the two-year mark; have you seen any improvements at all over the last couple of months, or have things remained consistent?  

Anyways, hope all goes well for you in round 2.

Mods are restricting users who post anything negative about Asmed and locking threads. I don't think this is right. Forums are for sharing personal experiences. Dr Koray was top of my list to have ht with next year, after seeing this behaviour from mods and speaking to members in the community i have decided he is not for me.

• Like 1

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, ATM110 said:

Mods are restricting users who post anything negative about Asmed and locking threads. I don't think this is right. Forums are for sharing personal experiences. Dr Koray was top of my list to have ht with next year, after seeing this behaviour from mods and speaking to members in the community i have decided he is not for me.

If Dr. Erdogan is not for you move on, why do you continue posting on every single Erdogan thread. 

You’re making it seem like we’re locking threads just because, when in fact we locked one thread until the patient provides necessary information and another thread that ran its course the OP made his decision. 

At this point, you’re derailing threads for the sake of creating drama. This is my warning, if you continue to de-rail threads I will be forced to suspend your posting privileges indefinitely.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

41 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If Dr. Erdogan is not for you move on, why do you continue posting on every single Erdogan thread. 

You’re making it seem like we’re locking threads just because, when in fact we locked one thread until the patient provides necessary information and another thread that ran its course the OP made his decision. 

At this point, you’re derailing threads for the sake of creating drama. This is my warning, if you continue to de-rail threads I will be forced to suspend your posting privileges indefinitely.

Melvin,

I am new here but if someone isn’t happy about their experience with a specific surgeon, they should be able to voice that out whenever they want. Now if someone doesn’t have any experience with a specific surgeon and just trashing them, then I would agree, that wouldn’t be fair. I hope that your promise of banning the above subject isn’t because he is bashing asmed, but it is because he has no experience with asmed and bashing them. I would hope that someone with negative experience bashing asmed wouldn’t face with a similar consequence. 

I have seen so much hate against Doganay and nobody moves a finger or threatened to be banned. I get that some people didn’t have good experiences with him, but I am talking about a ton of people who never engaged in any transaction with them talk all the trash in the world and all is well. I don’t expect democracy on an online forum, and whether we get it or not is another story, but gotta be fair across he board. 

i understand it takes cash to run this forum the way it is intended and that approved surgeons contribute to this cash flow and them remaining approved is a vital thing for this forums operation, which undoubtedly creates bias. I get it, no judgements there, but if I am unhappy with my experience with them, I should be able to speak that whenever I please. 

Now I would like to stress, those who have no experience with a surgeon or clinic, shouldn’t be able to go out there and try and ruin the reputation of such clinic. They should move on and find themselves another doctor.  I personally had a positive experience with ASMED, my only experience with them is communication and it was fine. I can only speak upto that point. Anything beyond that, I have no room to speak.

-k 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, ILtrooper said:

Melvin,

I am new here but if someone isn’t happy about their experience with a specific surgeon, they should be able to voice that out whenever they want. Now if someone doesn’t have any experience with a specific surgeon and just trashing them, then I would agree, that wouldn’t be fair. I hope that your promise of banning the above subject isn’t because he is bashing asmed, but it is because he has no experience with asmed and bashing them. I would hope that someone with negative experience bashing asmed wouldn’t face with a similar consequence. 

I have seen so much hate against Doganay and nobody moves a finger or threatened to be banned. I get that some people didn’t have good experiences with him, but I am talking about a ton of people who never engaged in any transaction with them talk all the trash in the world and all is well. I don’t expect democracy on an online forum, and whether we get it or not is another story, but gotta be fair across he board. 

i understand it takes cash to run this forum the way it is intended and that approved surgeons contribute to this cash flow and them remaining approved is a vital thing for this forums operation, which undoubtedly creates bias. I get it, no judgements there, but if I am unhappy with my experience with them, I should be able to speak that whenever I please. 

Now I would like to stress, those who have no experience with a surgeon or clinic, shouldn’t be able to go out there and try and ruin the reputation of such clinic. They should move on and find themselves another doctor.  I personally had a positive experience with ASMED, my only experience with them is communication and it was fine. I can only speak upto that point. Anything beyond that, I have no room to speak.

-k 

Firstly, everyone is free to post an honest and real review whether it’s positive or negative, but if you post a public review you have to allow the surgeon to respond publicly, that’s only fair. 

Secondly, no one has been banned for posting negative reviews, this is false. In fact, the poster ATM110 who has less than 10 posts and all of them about Dr. Erdogan? Hasn’t been banned. He’s obviously de-railing this thread in an attempt to create drama, which he has succeeded since it prompted you to post. 

Thirdly, I’m a bit insulted that you would question this forums integrity by incinuating that we approve surgeons for cash. As a matter of fact, Dr. Doganay, used to be recommended by this very forum until a significant number of unhappy patients began to post their reviews. At that time, we decided to stop recommending Dr. Doganay, regardless of the money, because our reputation and high-standards can not be bought. This forum is for patients and by patients. This forum has battled free-speech lawsuits and removed several surgeons from our recommended list who didn’t meet our high standards.

Lastly, we do not host a free-for-all bash session on any of our recommended surgeons. Especially, by posters with less than 10 posts with an axe to grind and an agenda. If you’re a legitimate patient by all means we want and encourage you to post your review. However, if you think you’re going to sign up just to bash on a surgeon you have never had surgery with or even met, sorry but we will not accept nor will we tolerate that on this forum. Any further discussions on the matter please private message me as this has already de-railed this thread.

Warm regards-Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

What makes this forum better than others is there is communication .. debates and agreements .. but Yeah totally agree .. the negative posts needs not to be censored

.. but it has to be fair .. n the moderators are doing a good job in keeping things neutral .. or else it be a free for all on people to just bash clinics constantly .. if that’s the case the clinics wouldn’t want to support this forum . N us potential patients will be missing out .. there has to be a balance.. Melvin n bill does a good job of keeping doing that .as well as the regular members here .. but don’t think that this forum is pro clinic .. they will stand up for their recommendations n will communicate with them on our behalf .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Firstly, everyone is free to post an honest and real review whether it’s positive or negative, but if you post a public review you have to allow the surgeon to respond publicly, that’s only fair. 

Secondly, no one has been banned for posting negative reviews, this is false. In fact, the poster ATM110 who has less than 10 posts and all of them about Dr. Erdogan? Hasn’t been banned. He’s obviously de-railing this thread in an attempt to create drama, which he has succeeded since it prompted you to post. 

Thirdly, I’m a bit insulted that you would question this forums integrity by incinuating that we approve surgeons for cash. As a matter of fact, Dr. Doganay, used to be recommended by this very forum until a significant number of unhappy patients began to post their reviews. At that time, we decided to stop recommending Dr. Doganay, regardless of the money, because our reputation and high-standards can not be bought. This forum is for patients and by patients. This forum has battled free-speech lawsuits and removed several surgeons from our recommended list who didn’t meet our high standards.

Lastly, we do not host a free-for-all bash session on any of our recommended surgeons. Especially, by posters with less than 10 posts with an axe to grind and an agenda. If you’re a legitimate patient by all means we want and encourage you to post your review. However, if you think you’re going to sign up just to bash on a surgeon you have never had surgery with or even met, sorry but we will not accept nor will we tolerate that on this forum. Any further discussions on the matter please private message me as this has already de-railed this thread.

Warm regards-Melvin

No insult was intended, my apologies there. Agreed with rest. Enjoy your night sir. Cheers!

One has to wonder if any of these new posters posting negative things about Turkish clinics without having done any consultations or procedures with them or any evidence to the claims they are making and posting asking for forum members to message them in private are employees or associates of much much more expensive US & UK based clinics, and they’re purposefully trying to dissuade people going to ASMED or any other recommend cheaper overseas clinic, since likely the US & UK clinics are loosing lots of clients and money to the overseas clinics....hmmm 

‘Although, genuine reviews like PlanetStephens’, either positive or negative are very important and necessary for a good, unbiased discussion on places like this.

Edited by VicTNYC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

One has to wonder if any of these new posters posting negative things about Turkish clinics without having done any consultations or procedures with them or any evidence to the claims they are making and posting asking for forum members to message them in private are employees or associates of much much more expensive US & UK based clinics, and they’re purposefully trying to dissuade people going to ASMED or any other recommend cheaper overseas clinic, since likely the US & UK clinics are loosing lots of clients and money to the overseas clinics....hmmm 

‘Although, genuine reviews like PlanetStephens’, either positive or negative are very important and necessary for a good, unbiased discussion on places like this.

Of course when a new poster comes on with no posting history  and seems to concentrate on one particular  clinic   with negative reviews etc they are working  for another clinics, happens all the time.  There is a school of thought that thinks anyone who posts negative experience with  clinic, subpar growth etc   that the thread should be locked immediately for a chance, firstly,  to prove that it is a genuine patient ,then for the patient  to give consent for the Doctor/clinic to respond and at that point let the post go public to hear both sides of the story .

Edited by Mick50

6 hours ago, Mick50 said:

Of course when a new poster comes on with no posting history  and seems to concentrate on one particular  clinic   with negative reviews etc they are working  for another clinics, happens all the time.  There is a school of thought that thinks anyone who posts negative experience with  clinic, subpar growth etc   that the thread should be locked immediately for a chance, firstly,  to prove that it is a genuine patient ,then for the patient  to give consent for the Doctor/clinic to respond and at that point let the post go public to hear both sides of the story .

@Mick50 Agree. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but if their actions and posts have an agenda and claims without evidence then doubt becomes evident and I ignore their posts or “opinions” because they are not helpful or constructive to the discussion.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, raptor said:

tried to share my concerns about asmed and erdogan and two posts deleted. Message me for questions. This forum is biased.

This is a flat out lie, you created a duplicate thread which I removed. You complained about your hairline, but refuse to post any pictures. I gave you several days to provide me with the necessary information to identify you as a patient of ASMED, which you have refused to provide. Therefore, I have locked your thread until you provide me with this information. The thread is not deleted it is still visible. If you continue to spread lies I will be forced to suspend your posting privileges. We have to keep surgeons and posters accountable, this is how the forum stays fair. If you make public allegations, you’re expected to provide proof, so the surgeon can respond publicly.

View my thread

technically l, I think they are using too small a punches for extractions .7mm average .. they have to do this since they do large number of grafts around 2500-3000 average .. n still be able to keep the donor in good shape .. but it takes a good surgeon to pull this off .. using small punches for dense caliber hair has a lesser chance of survival .. n they are using techs to do those extractions .. it depends on how experienced the tech is that is working with u for it to be successful .. it takes a lot  of skill to do the extractions correctly , especially if u do a lot of grafts .

Edited by Legend007

1 hour ago, Legend007 said:

technically l, I think they are using too small a punches for extractions .7mm average .. they have to do this since they do large number of grafts around 2500-3000 average .. n still be able to keep the donor in good shape .. but it takes a good surgeon to pull this off .. using small punches for dense caliber hair has a lesser chance of survival .. n they are using techs to do those extractions .. it depends on how experienced the tech is that is working with u for it to be successful .. it takes a lot  of skill to do the extractions correctly , especially if u do a lot of grafts .

Wish I’d known this kinda stuff before potentially wasting 1000s of grafts I’ll never get back ...