dtreidjr

Just had FUE at the Chicago Hair Institute

Hi all.  I wanted to wait until the 6 month spot to update again.   We're not quite there yet (a couple more days), but I thought I'd do it before I forgot.

So....

No numbness.  My head and everything feels perfectly fine.  It was never a thing that really bothered me and I felt silly mentioning it actually.  But wanted to report it anyway.

I haven't been using Rogaine.  Just simply forget to put it on.

I'm taking about 2+ Propecia a week.  I take it with my morning vitamins and such and try to do it every other day.  But it probably is more like Monday, Thursday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, etc...  I just forget.  I'd say 5 pills every 14 days or so.  This has really been the only negative part of the whole thing.  I can tell a difference with it in my system, even at this small dosage.

Anyway, below are 2 sets of images.  First is from the front.  6 months on left, 3 months in middle and pre op on right.  I have put a small red circle on the images to show where a little mole I have is to give an idea.  These are just out of the shower, no product in or styling done.

2nd image is the same, just from the top.  

Let me know of any questions you may have.  I don't plan on doing another one of these until the 9 month mark unless asked for a specific reason.  I will add, if you buy Caboki, it's completely worth it, especially those 4-6 month stages.  Buy a couple sample colors to see which one is best and this stuff really works wonders.

1122328471_Beforevs3monthsvs6months.thumb.jpg.b30c7cd13a8430762fdda1bade68d5d1.jpg

1733659839_Beforevs3monthsvs6monthsoverhead.thumb.jpg.361cd80b2b79fdc0414e39f34431265b.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good mate, thanks for the update.

Any chance you could post some larger pics/close ups?

You must be pleased with how it's coming along, any comments so far? 

Thanks for updating us with your progress everything looks on track🙂

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

27 minutes ago, Jamothee said:

Looking good mate, thanks for the update.

Any chance you could post some larger pics/close ups?

You must be pleased with how it's coming along, any comments so far? 

If you click on the images, it blows up and you can see it larger.

Yeah, I have absolutely zero regrets.  It's coming in nicely and I'm getting a couple of questions from closer friends asking what I did.  Saying I look 10 years younger with it like this, etc...

I honestly think because of the process and care Dr. Nadimi and her staff puts into the procedure, it has made such a great result.  I've always been a really, really quick healer, so I think that helps too.  But their process of taking care of the recipient site resulted in small scabbing and as I detailed earlier in this post, I followed the instructions pretty closely.  I tried to get the scabs and crusting off as soon as I could.  That obviously goes better when it's wet, so I'd lather up shampoo and lay the soap bubbles on it for like 20 minutes and then pour water over it out of my hand.  I was doing that 1-2 times a week until I was allowed to massage my head.

I see posts about people traveling to other countries to save a couple thousand dollars and the such.  I could never imagine doing that.  #1 if they screwed up, you'd have no recourse.  #2 this is a big deal.  If it's not done right, then you have to pay more to get it fixed, if possible.  But paying 9k vs 5k is not a big enough difference to risk it.  

I would 100% recommend Dr. Nadimi.  No questions.  Her artistry is really good as everything is laying nicely, which I think is obviously what we're all after.

Good luck all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dtreidjr said:

If you click on the images, it blows up and you can see it larger.

Yeah, I have absolutely zero regrets.  It's coming in nicely and I'm getting a couple of questions from closer friends asking what I did.  Saying I look 10 years younger with it like this, etc...

I honestly think because of the process and care Dr. Nadimi and her staff puts into the procedure, it has made such a great result.  I've always been a really, really quick healer, so I think that helps too.  But their process of taking care of the recipient site resulted in small scabbing and as I detailed earlier in this post, I followed the instructions pretty closely.  I tried to get the scabs and crusting off as soon as I could.  That obviously goes better when it's wet, so I'd lather up shampoo and lay the soap bubbles on it for like 20 minutes and then pour water over it out of my hand.  I was doing that 1-2 times a week until I was allowed to massage my head.

I see posts about people traveling to other countries to save a couple thousand dollars and the such.  I could never imagine doing that.  #1 if they screwed up, you'd have no recourse.  #2 this is a big deal.  If it's not done right, then you have to pay more to get it fixed, if possible.  But paying 9k vs 5k is not a big enough difference to risk it.  

I would 100% recommend Dr. Nadimi.  No questions.  Her artistry is really good as everything is laying nicely, which I think is obviously what we're all after.

Good luck all.

Great response. I'm glad to hear it's going so well for you mate, looking forward to seeing more progress pics along your journey. 

Thanks for the update. I will be waiting on the next one.

That is a lot of ground covered for 1,800 grafts.