Just had FUE at the Chicago Hair Institute

dtreidjr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all.  I wanted to wait until the 6 month spot to update again.   We're not quite there yet (a couple more days), but I thought I'd do it before I forgot.

So....

No numbness.  My head and everything feels perfectly fine.  It was never a thing that really bothered me and I felt silly mentioning it actually.  But wanted to report it anyway.

I haven't been using Rogaine.  Just simply forget to put it on.

I'm taking about 2+ Propecia a week.  I take it with my morning vitamins and such and try to do it every other day.  But it probably is more like Monday, Thursday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, etc...  I just forget.  I'd say 5 pills every 14 days or so.  This has really been the only negative part of the whole thing.  I can tell a difference with it in my system, even at this small dosage.

Anyway, below are 2 sets of images.  First is from the front.  6 months on left, 3 months in middle and pre op on right.  I have put a small red circle on the images to show where a little mole I have is to give an idea.  These are just out of the shower, no product in or styling done.

2nd image is the same, just from the top.  

Let me know of any questions you may have.  I don't plan on doing another one of these until the 9 month mark unless asked for a specific reason.  I will add, if you buy Caboki, it's completely worth it, especially those 4-6 month stages.  Buy a couple sample colors to see which one is best and this stuff really works wonders.

1122328471_Beforevs3monthsvs6months.thumb.jpg.b30c7cd13a8430762fdda1bade68d5d1.jpg

1733659839_Beforevs3monthsvs6monthsoverhead.thumb.jpg.361cd80b2b79fdc0414e39f34431265b.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Thanks for updating us with your progress everything looks on track🙂

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

27 minutes ago, Jamothee said:

Looking good mate, thanks for the update.

Any chance you could post some larger pics/close ups?

You must be pleased with how it's coming along, any comments so far? 

If you click on the images, it blows up and you can see it larger.

Yeah, I have absolutely zero regrets.  It's coming in nicely and I'm getting a couple of questions from closer friends asking what I did.  Saying I look 10 years younger with it like this, etc...

I honestly think because of the process and care Dr. Nadimi and her staff puts into the procedure, it has made such a great result.  I've always been a really, really quick healer, so I think that helps too.  But their process of taking care of the recipient site resulted in small scabbing and as I detailed earlier in this post, I followed the instructions pretty closely.  I tried to get the scabs and crusting off as soon as I could.  That obviously goes better when it's wet, so I'd lather up shampoo and lay the soap bubbles on it for like 20 minutes and then pour water over it out of my hand.  I was doing that 1-2 times a week until I was allowed to massage my head.

I see posts about people traveling to other countries to save a couple thousand dollars and the such.  I could never imagine doing that.  #1 if they screwed up, you'd have no recourse.  #2 this is a big deal.  If it's not done right, then you have to pay more to get it fixed, if possible.  But paying 9k vs 5k is not a big enough difference to risk it.  

I would 100% recommend Dr. Nadimi.  No questions.  Her artistry is really good as everything is laying nicely, which I think is obviously what we're all after.

Good luck all.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dtreidjr said:

If you click on the images, it blows up and you can see it larger.

Yeah, I have absolutely zero regrets.  It's coming in nicely and I'm getting a couple of questions from closer friends asking what I did.  Saying I look 10 years younger with it like this, etc...

I honestly think because of the process and care Dr. Nadimi and her staff puts into the procedure, it has made such a great result.  I've always been a really, really quick healer, so I think that helps too.  But their process of taking care of the recipient site resulted in small scabbing and as I detailed earlier in this post, I followed the instructions pretty closely.  I tried to get the scabs and crusting off as soon as I could.  That obviously goes better when it's wet, so I'd lather up shampoo and lay the soap bubbles on it for like 20 minutes and then pour water over it out of my hand.  I was doing that 1-2 times a week until I was allowed to massage my head.

I see posts about people traveling to other countries to save a couple thousand dollars and the such.  I could never imagine doing that.  #1 if they screwed up, you'd have no recourse.  #2 this is a big deal.  If it's not done right, then you have to pay more to get it fixed, if possible.  But paying 9k vs 5k is not a big enough difference to risk it.  

I would 100% recommend Dr. Nadimi.  No questions.  Her artistry is really good as everything is laying nicely, which I think is obviously what we're all after.

Good luck all.

Great response. I'm glad to hear it's going so well for you mate, looking forward to seeing more progress pics along your journey. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, dtreidjr said:

Hi all, 

4 month post.  Couple updates. 

-Numbness is pretty much gone, just feel it a little in a spot or two.  But this is a non factor, it doesn't tingle or anything.  I can just tell when I touch certain spots like maybe when your arm lightly falls asleep.  

-I put Rogaine on about 3-5 times a week.  I'd like to do twice a day every day, but just forget.

-I'm taking a propecia about 2 times a week.

-Caboki.  Was able to start using it at about the 3 month period.  Before then, there just wasn't enough for the fibers to grab on to.

First pic has 3 pics in it.  Left is today, middle is 3 month and right is pre-transplant.  For reference, I put a little red line on my forehead.  You can see a small mole just to the upper left of the end of the line.

209193266_4mth-3mth-originalpics.thumb.jpg.ae0422f3c7a67ed461816c90d5003dea.jpg

It's filling in and doing well.  

The below picture is with Caboki in there.  If you guys haven't tried it, it's amazing.  I literally just got up, went and put it in and it took me about 25 seconds to put on and "clean up".  Here is a pic with Caboki in with a red line for reference.

4mthcaboki.thumb.jpg.f522344b31f0a4fdb27b2e893e5e67c5.jpg

Now a front view.....  

4mthFrontCaboki.thumb.jpg.f1a5e29332f5ebf999a069c92b948421.jpg

So, there it is.  On the Caboki overhead, you can see a "balding spot".  That's just because I did it quickly and didn't bother to go back and add there and take another picture.

Again, Nadimi and the experience there was great and I can't recommend it enough.  The true test will be what it looks like come this October obviously.  But, with only taking 1800 grafts, I can go back again if I need to and you still won't be able to tell in my donor area.  I got my hair cut today actually and do a 1 on the sides/back and you can't tell a single thing.

Anyway, if you have any questions, ask away.  Good luck all.

Man you got a lot of coverage and density for just 1,800 grafts

Edited by JohnBob

On 12/5/2018 at 5:34 AM, HarryHonolulu said:

Both her and Konior cap their FUE at 2000 grafts. They think anything more jeopardizes the donor area and that grafts are less likely to survive. They also think it’s in the patients best interest to preserve more donor for potential surgeries in the future.

I got 1800 from Nadimi and I’m a NW4/5. I’m just 3 months out and I’m starting to see growth. I’m so happy and really glad I didn’t panic and try to get the problem solved with a 5000 bad grafts somewhere else. I’m in my mid 30s.

That's so frustrating. What if the patient is 5 and beyond on the NW Scale, slick bald? 2000 grafts won't do much. I understand they want to play it safe to keep the consistency of their results, but they should improve their skills so they can do at least twice than that with the same quality.

1 hour ago, ndubya said:

dt, give us an update man.

You should be at the 2 yr mark, right??

How's it looking?

Its all good man.  Still a full head of hair.  I dont use Propecia because of other sides I was experiencing, so I can tell that more of my original hair is thinning back further on my head, but its not noticeable except to me.  So in 3-5 years, ill go in and have another 1500 or so grafts done to fill that in and add to whatever has thinned on the last transplant.

No regrets.  Its gone great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giegnosiganoe said:

@dtreidjr could you please share updated pics if you find time?

Ok, below is a picture taken yesterday and zoomed in on my hairline...

Then, just now a picture I took of the top of my head.  So you can see the pictures from 2 years ago what it looked like before and what it looks like now.  The overhead pic is right after taking off a hat and obviously not fixed.

20201102_231934.jpg

20201102_232446.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2019 at 5:52 AM, dtreidjr said:

Hi all.  I wanted to wait until the 6 month spot to update again.   We're not quite there yet (a couple more days), but I thought I'd do it before I forgot.

So....

No numbness.  My head and everything feels perfectly fine.  It was never a thing that really bothered me and I felt silly mentioning it actually.  But wanted to report it anyway.

I haven't been using Rogaine.  Just simply forget to put it on.

I'm taking about 2+ Propecia a week.  I take it with my morning vitamins and such and try to do it every other day.  But it probably is more like Monday, Thursday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, etc...  I just forget.  I'd say 5 pills every 14 days or so.  This has really been the only negative part of the whole thing.  I can tell a difference with it in my system, even at this small dosage.

Anyway, below are 2 sets of images.  First is from the front.  6 months on left, 3 months in middle and pre op on right.  I have put a small red circle on the images to show where a little mole I have is to give an idea.  These are just out of the shower, no product in or styling done.

2nd image is the same, just from the top.  

Let me know of any questions you may have.  I don't plan on doing another one of these until the 9 month mark unless asked for a specific reason.  I will add, if you buy Caboki, it's completely worth it, especially those 4-6 month stages.  Buy a couple sample colors to see which one is best and this stuff really works wonders.

1122328471_Beforevs3monthsvs6months.thumb.jpg.b30c7cd13a8430762fdda1bade68d5d1.jpg

1733659839_Beforevs3monthsvs6monthsoverhead.thumb.jpg.361cd80b2b79fdc0414e39f34431265b.jpg

This looks real nice, the change is quite remarkable!

Cant wait for the final result which I´m sure it´s gonna be a home run 😊

On 11/1/2020 at 11:56 PM, JohnBob said:

That's so frustrating. What if the patient is 5 and beyond on the NW Scale, slick bald? 2000 grafts won't do much. I understand they want to play it safe to keep the consistency of their results, but they should improve their skills so they can do at least twice than that with the same quality.

"They should improve their skills" is one of the most laughable statements I've seen on this forum. Dr. Konior,  Nadimi, and their staff at CHI are one of the most "skilled" hair transplant  clinics in the entire WORLD. They handle each case on an individual basis. They could certainly do more grafts in a single session and have done so, but they do what is in the best interest of the patient now and for the future. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

13 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

"They should improve their skills" is one of the most laughable statements I've seen on this forum. Dr. Konior,  Nadimi, and their staff at CHI are one of the most "skilled" hair transplant  clinics in the entire WORLD. They handle each case on an individual basis. They could certainly do more grafts in a single session and have done so, but they do what is in the best interest of the patient now and for the future. 

Sure they are one of the best in the entire world - no doubt about that. I just wish they don't get stuck in time and keep improving and refining their technique. 

• Administrators
On 11/2/2020 at 9:27 PM, dtreidjr said:

Ok, below is a picture taken yesterday and zoomed in on my hairline...

Then, just now a picture I took of the top of my head.  So you can see the pictures from 2 years ago what it looked like before and what it looks like now.  The overhead pic is right after taking off a hat and obviously not fixed.

20201102_231934.jpg

20201102_232446.jpg

Thanks for the update, looks great man 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.