Just had FUE at the Chicago Hair Institute

dtreidjr

25 minutes ago, brickellmoto said:

have to question why you've stopped propecia...isn't staying on it recommended after a hair transplant?

Dr. Nadimi says that you do not have to be on it.  As I said above, there were some weird things that I didnt like and dont want to risk.  Some have side effects, some dont.  I'm going to wait another month and then go half dose and see what that does.

2 minutes ago, dtreidjr said:

Dr. Nadimi says that you do not have to be on it.  As I said above, there were some weird things that I didnt like and dont want to risk.  Some have side effects, some dont.  I'm going to wait another month and then go half dose and see what that does.

hmm okay. i just had my consult with her a few mins ago. that didn't come up, but i was quoted 1500 at the same price just to fill in my hairline. you were right, she's very straightforward. she's not going to tell you what you want to hear. i asked alot of questions and she was no bs about any of them. she's got my vote

4 hours ago, brickellmoto said:

hmm okay. i just had my consult with her a few mins ago. that didn't come up, but i was quoted 1500 at the same price just to fill in my hairline. you were right, she's very straightforward. she's not going to tell you what you want to hear. i asked alot of questions and she was no bs about any of them. she's got my vote

Seems like she recommends 1500 grafts for almost every person of varying Norwood degrees

5 hours ago, brickellmoto said:

Congrats.  Cant express enough how good of an experience it was.

1 hour ago, PlzRespond said:

Seems like she recommends 1500 grafts for almost every person of varying Norwood degrees

I dont know that to be true.  She asks how you want to proceed and that if she feels she can take more from the donor area than the 1500, the charge is $5 per graft.  She did over 1800 for me.

I look at it as she is most concerned with quality, not quantity.  I believe she said that she feels over 2000 is pushing it for one day.  I think what she does is an art,  and shes not just spreading grass seed.  Very particular about how grafts go back in and how they'll lay.

4 hours ago, dtreidjr said:

I dont know that to be true.  She asks how you want to proceed and that if she feels she can take more from the donor area than the 1500, the charge is $5 per graft.  She did over 1800 for me.

I look at it as she is most concerned with quality, not quantity.  I believe she said that she feels over 2000 is pushing it for one day.  I think what she does is an art,  and shes not just spreading grass seed.  Very particular about how grafts go back in and how they'll lay.

I’ve seen several stories on here where she recommended 1500 during consult and these people had varying amounts of loss. She also recommended 1500 for me too. But you’re right, the actual number seems to differ during surgery

4 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

I’ve seen several stories on here where she recommended 1500 during consult and these people had varying amounts of loss. She also recommended 1500 for me too. But you’re right, the actual number seems to differ during surgery

Both her and Konior cap their FUE at 2000 grafts. They think anything more jeopardizes the donor area and that grafts are less likely to survive. They also think it’s in the patients best interest to preserve more donor for potential surgeries in the future.

I got 1800 from Nadimi and I’m a NW4/5. I’m just 3 months out and I’m starting to see growth. I’m so happy and really glad I didn’t panic and try to get the problem solved with a 5000 bad grafts somewhere else. I’m in my mid 30s.

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2018 at 2:34 AM, HarryHonolulu said:

Both her and Konior cap their FUE at 2000 grafts. They think anything more jeopardizes the donor area and that grafts are less likely to survive. They also think it’s in the patients best interest to preserve more donor for potential surgeries in the future.

I got 1800 from Nadimi and I’m a NW4/5. I’m just 3 months out and I’m starting to see growth. I’m so happy and really glad I didn’t panic and try to get the problem solved with a 5000 bad grafts somewhere else. I’m in my mid 30s.

yea, i think thats what she said too. she also doesn't think i really need any work at all. but i explained to her my profession and the need to "buy 5-10 years", so she capped it at 1500. i even asked her if it was possible for 2k and she shot that down immediately, because there's no such thing as preventative hair surgery, which i guess i agree with. i was pushing hard for FUT too but she said FUE is the better option for wearing my hair shorter (which i already knew) but my concerns were with destroying the donor area with FUE out of the gate. she assured me that the technology has been far advanced since the early days of FUE surgeries.

42 minutes ago, brickellmoto said:

yea, i think thats what she said too. she also doesn't think i really need any work at all. but i explained to her my profession and the need to "buy 5-10 years", so she capped it at 1500. i even asked her if it was possible for 2k and she shot that down immediately, because there's no such thing as preventative hair surgery, which i guess i agree with. i was pushing hard for FUT too but she said FUE is the better option for wearing my hair shorter (which i already knew) but my concerns were with destroying the donor area with FUE out of the gate. she assured me that the technology has been far advanced since the early days of FUE surgeries.

Good choice listening to her.  I can't imagine wanting to choose FUT over FUE.  Man, this was the easiest thing I've ever done in my life in comparison to what I was expecting.  4 days later and you couldn't tell anything was done in the back.  I'm 6 weeks and 1.5 days out.  I'm not wearing a hat and I look very similar to what I did before the procedure.  There is a little "redness" or what to me looks like a line where the procedure has been done.  

If you're looking for it, you can tell something is there.  If anyone asks, I'm just saying that I'm using stuff that has kind of irritated my scalp and I'm careful where I put it on at.

Sounds like you’re progressing nicely.  Check out my website below to see what to expect in the coming weeks.  Looking forward to seeing that new growth around the 3-4 month mark or possibly sooner.  Be patient and stay in touch.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:08 PM, dtreidjr said:

Good choice listening to her.  I can't imagine wanting to choose FUT over FUE.  Man, this was the easiest thing I've ever done in my life in comparison to what I was expecting.  4 days later and you couldn't tell anything was done in the back.  I'm 6 weeks and 1.5 days out.  I'm not wearing a hat and I look very similar to what I did before the procedure.  There is a little "redness" or what to me looks like a line where the procedure has been done.  

If you're looking for it, you can tell something is there.  If anyone asks, I'm just saying that I'm using stuff that has kind of irritated my scalp and I'm careful where I put it on at.

Work looks nice. I just had a 1,600 FUE procedure with Konior earlier this week and met briefly with Nadimi yesterday during a follow up. Konior was off for the day. You're right, she's 'all business,' whereas Dr K is a little more engaging. She came in, said it looked great and that was pretty much it. I had FUT with Dr K five years ago and this is like day and night. If FUE had been as far along as it is now when I had FUT, I would have done FUE, but I definitely needed the grafts as I had more hair loss than you. Looking forward to seeing your results. You're going to be happy. 

Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Ok, 2 months check in.  Things are growing in.  I'm keeping my hair fairly short right now, I will probably let it start growing longer around the 4 month mark.  Just doing Rogaine.  Am going to start back with a half Propecia daily and see how that does.

20181228_094139.jpg

20181228_094122.jpg

20181228_094103.jpg

I felt stubble from 2 months so it's most likely growth starting.  Another 3 months and things should look considerably better.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, just a "hair" over 3 months update.  Couple things:

-  I've started having enough growth that I can use Caboki and it's starting to fill it in.  My wife was surprised when I did it and how it looked.

-  I don't really notice the numbness anymore.

- I'm taking 1 propecia every 2 or 3 days.  I was seeing sides when I was taking every day that I did not like.

- Rogaine, I'm trying to use twice a day but usually forget.  I'd say I've been putting it on 8 or so times a week for the past 3-4 weeks.  Been real busy.

- My hair grows fairly quick and it's thick, so the donor area is not an issue.  You could not tell anything was done I'd say 3-4 days afterwards.

But here's 2 side by side photos.  The before and 3 months in...

Before vs 3 months overhead.jpg

Before vs 3 months front.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, 

4 month post.  Couple updates. 

-Numbness is pretty much gone, just feel it a little in a spot or two.  But this is a non factor, it doesn't tingle or anything.  I can just tell when I touch certain spots like maybe when your arm lightly falls asleep.  

-I put Rogaine on about 3-5 times a week.  I'd like to do twice a day every day, but just forget.

-I'm taking a propecia about 2 times a week.

-Caboki.  Was able to start using it at about the 3 month period.  Before then, there just wasn't enough for the fibers to grab on to.

First pic has 3 pics in it.  Left is today, middle is 3 month and right is pre-transplant.  For reference, I put a little red line on my forehead.  You can see a small mole just to the upper left of the end of the line.

209193266_4mth-3mth-originalpics.thumb.jpg.ae0422f3c7a67ed461816c90d5003dea.jpg

It's filling in and doing well.  

The below picture is with Caboki in there.  If you guys haven't tried it, it's amazing.  I literally just got up, went and put it in and it took me about 25 seconds to put on and "clean up".  Here is a pic with Caboki in with a red line for reference.

4mthcaboki.thumb.jpg.f522344b31f0a4fdb27b2e893e5e67c5.jpg

Now a front view.....  

4mthFrontCaboki.thumb.jpg.f1a5e29332f5ebf999a069c92b948421.jpg

So, there it is.  On the Caboki overhead, you can see a "balding spot".  That's just because I did it quickly and didn't bother to go back and add there and take another picture.

Again, Nadimi and the experience there was great and I can't recommend it enough.  The true test will be what it looks like come this October obviously.  But, with only taking 1800 grafts, I can go back again if I need to and you still won't be able to tell in my donor area.  I got my hair cut today actually and do a 1 on the sides/back and you can't tell a single thing.

Anyway, if you have any questions, ask away.  Good luck all.