1800 Grafts, FUT, Male, Dr. Jerry Cooley, October 2018

Hey there friends~

I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for providing such a positive forum. As I began searching for the best hair transplant surgeons in the country, this forum was invaluable to me finding Dr. Jerry Cooley in Charlotte, North Carolina, of Carolina Dermatology. So I'm paying it forward by sharing just a few words about my own amazing experience. I'll probably have some photos to share later, but for now just wanted to write a little.

I visited four different surgeons across a span of six months, before eventually finding Dr. Cooley--again, this site was very helpful in doing so! When I discovered Dr. Cooley's office, I knew it was the one. From the very beginning, I was given the most thorough discussion of the procedure by Patient Coordinator Lollie, who was also more helpful to me than anyone before her in what else I could be doing in the meantime, including starting Nizoral and Teva (and the exact dosing so as to limit or not even cause side effects--of which I have had none since beginning 4 months ago). 

The entire process leading up to the surgery was smooth, seamless, and the utmost professional.

Day of surgery: Everything was so completely peaceful and yes, painless. The staff, including Brandi, Stephanie, Amy, and others whose name I didn't catch, were all incredible. Dr. Cooley and I consulted a little before the surgery and agreed upon the final hairline restoration, and I always had complete faith in him and his process. 

I had never had any type of surgery before, so this was a big deviation from anything else in my life, but it was something I had wanted for a very long time, about 20 years honestly. I had just had very light recession beginning then and even up to now (wasn't on anything like finasteride or Nizoral whatsoever). I just knew that doing something surgically would overall improve how I look, feel. 

We began at about 7:30am and were finished by 5:30pm. It was honestly so easy (as a patient!). Incredibly relaxing environment, and again, amazing staff and doctor. I left that day knowing I had made such a monumentally great decision for myself.

If anyone from Dr. Cooley's office is reading this, thank you from the big animal-lover. You are amazing!!! And so kind. 

And to everyone who helps maintain these forums and contributes to them, thank you for all of the invaluable information you help provide as well. Thanks for the uplifting, mature discussion, and thank you for recommending Dr. Cooley in so many posts. For anyone looking for an incredible patient experience and high quality work (and I can only imagine how thrilled I'll really be in about a year) I can now also add my recommendation to Dr. Jerry Cooley and his team.

Edited by PayingItForward

Congrats. Dr. Cooley does impressive work. Happy growing.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

5 hours ago, alex79 said:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Can you please post some photos when suitable for you ?

Thanks so much, yes I may do that at some point.

4 hours ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

Congrats. Dr. Cooley does impressive work. Happy growing.

Thank you as well! 

Edited by PayingItForward

• 2 months later...