Worried about FUE Post-Op density after crust removal

Hi all,

I had an FUE transplant a little over 2 months ago on the 15'th of August with Dr.Demirsoy in Turkey. Everything went great in the surgery and even the healing post-op. I'm now worried about the density after the crusts/scabs were removed even though I think the immediate post-op pictures look great. I'm not sure whether I lost all of the hairs when removing the scabs/crusts or that I have to accept I will have a low density result. Would appreciate your opinions

pre 2.jpg

pre-3.jpg

pre-6.jpg

post-1.jpg

post-2.jpg

post-4.jpg

10 DAYS

10 days-1.jpg

10 days-2.jpg

10 days-3.jpg

10 days-4.jpg

14 DAYS

14 days-1.jpg

14 days-2.jpg

16 DAYS

16 days-1.jpg

16 days-2.jpg

16 days sunlight.jpg

1 MONTH

1 month.jpg

10 DAYS AGAIN, SCREENSHOTS FROM A VIDEO I FOUND

video 3.jpg

video 4.jpg

video 5.jpg

video 6.jpg

video 1.jpg

video 2.jpg

Edited by hairaway

What bothers me is the words 'were removed'.  Does that mean you picked off the scabs instead of letting them fall off on their own.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

11 minutes ago, Dazed said:

What bothers me is the words 'were removed'.  Does that mean you picked off the scabs instead of letting them fall off on their own.

like an idiot, I started to gently rub them off on day 7... no bleeding happened at all . What are your thoughts on the pictures and do you think I ruined the transplant even though there was no bleeding?

I don't see damage, but there are guys on here who will give you a more detailed evaluation. I basically come and go on here while in the transplant mode.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Your post op pics look clean. Density looks pretty good in 10 day pics.  I really doubt you did any damage rubbing your scabs off at seven days. You were expected to shed most of the transplanted hair between 10 days and one month and you did. No reason at all to worry at this point. 

great, thanks a lot for the assurance. I was really worried that it didn't look dense enough at 14 and 16 days especially when comparing with other people at 3 weeks however I might just be a fast shedder.

• 4 weeks later...

3rd month update- these pictures were taken under bright flash of the camera in my bathroom

Can't really tell if there is another major difference other than my hair getting longer and somewhat thicker, however what I am sure of is that my hairline and temples are better than pre-op with the hairline making a big difference with my hair being this short. I've been tracking daily if there any new hairs growing on my frontal area but unfortunately I don't think I have seen any new hairs growing but what is weird is that I do feel I have a more hairs in the front area albeit still very thin.

I guess like all people say, its hard to track the new hair growth when its transplanted between existing hair since its grows very thin and thickens out over time.

post 1.jpg

post 2.jpg

post 3.jpg

post 4.jpg

post 5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

1 week till the 4 month mark but I have been pretty disappointed and decided to post a week earlier to get your honest opinions. I have attached a lot of pictures for good analysis.  My thoughts? I have only seen some growth at the hairline and temples from the 3 month mark but I haven't been able to see any sprouts ever since I shed at the 1 month mark. 

I do have a couple of sprouts which have stayed as stubble for over more than a month. I'm worried that I don't have any other growth seeing as I would judge my current result as a huge failure. Didn't achieve anything which I wanted to. There are still big gaps especially the right side, I still need to use toppik as my hair is very much see through. The only good thing is the new hairline and some of the hairs which grew in the frontal region . For 3000 grafts, I would have expected much more growth than this, and I know its still early at the fourth month, but the majority of results which were good, you could already see the sprouts starting from the third month and I have yet to see any.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

I agree there is an improvement in the hairline and the temples but still its very thin. I hope either the hairs get noticeably thicker or I get new sprouts. Unfortunately, my gut tells me I'm probably not going to see much more new growth than this.

I hope you guys are right, you have probably seen and experience this phase. We will see within the next two months and I will be able to conclude what this result is. There has been improvement though every month so I'll try and be optimisitc

• 1 month later...

I have uploaded a lot of pictures in different lighting for an accurate viewing as the lighting does really make a difference. I think the daylight pictures are more representative of reality rather than the ones in the bathroom. All these pictures are without concealer, when using concealer I look like I have a full head of hair.

My overall thoughts? There is a significant improvement from the baseline, People have noticed a difference and I have been asked in a complementary way whether I changed something about my hair. I now shave the sides and back at a 1.5 every week as I feel it looks better and there is no visible scarring or moth-like appearance. I no longer have to have the mid-section of my hair so long so that it can cover the front part, they are all now the same length which contributes to a smoother and neater look as well as no longer having an issue with wind blowing my hair BUT...

I honestly expected the results to be better than this, my hair is still very thin and I have to use toppik when going out which makes me look like I have a full head of hair. What I'm disappointed in is that I expected not to see any significant thinning (especially the right side) after this transplant seeing as I had 3000 grafts transplanted only in the frontal region with no lowering of hairline and a minor filling up of the temples. My hairline still bothers me as well as my temples. I haven't seen any new growth, maybe its hard to see because of the long hair.

Overall,  Am I pleased I did this? yes   , am I more confident and don't stress about doing my hair in the morning every day ? yes , Am I pleased with my hair? No, it's still very thin and I expected it to be much better.  Do I expect my hair to get better in the coming months? Other than hair growing longer and maybe slight increase in thickness of hairs, I really don't think there will be any new growth or significant difference as some posters here like to lead you to believe, but who knows, I may be wrong, I hope I am.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

p8.jpg

p9.jpg

p10.jpg

p11.jpg

p12.jpg

p13.jpg

p15.jpg

p16.jpg

p17.jpg

p18.jpg

p19.jpg

p20.jpg

• Moderators

It is exactly where it should be at 5 months, just like it was where it should be at 4 months, 3 months, and 2 months, yet you keep on claiming it's a failure every month even though you see it improving each month. You can't possibly say you don't know that it takes up to a year or more for final results. You are on these forums. Anywhere you read on here you will read the same thing about how long it takes. I'm also 100% sure your Dr told you it will take a year for the full results.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

It has improved,I agree but for me, I feel it's improved mainly because of the length of hair. There are no more new hairs ever since they grew at the 3rd month and I can't possible fathom how it can improve significantly better than this other the hair length covering up the bald areas. I also don't claim it's failure, the surgery itself went as good as can be as well post-op as I had no issues and even went to back to work 12 days after the surgery with nobody noticing anything. I also had some hair growth, its not a failure but its not a great result or homerun by any means. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high