Trying to Keep a Transplant a Secret

Is it impossible to do so?

I've booked 3 weeks off work to restore my temple's and reinforce the front a little bit. I've spoken to two surgeons - one said 1500 grafts and the other said 2200 grafts - both said they can do the surgery without shaving. Sadly, the more I research the more I realise that it will be very noticeable.

The back of the head isn't a concern with a fue but the front will be red and inflamed for the first 3 or so months.

Has anyone had any good excuses for having a red forehead? Perhaps say it is a bad reaction from microneedling or an allergy to something?

Its all terribly embarrassing to get a transplant for me and I would like to avoid sharing this personal journey with everyone else.

Hi Martino,

I know of quite a few patients who have had minor work to their temples and their frontal hairlines reinforced and have managed to keep the whole thing a secret. The only thing they did was change their hairstyle prior to the hair transplant by growing their hair long on top so it flops down in a fringe like fashion. Almost like a grunge unkept style. The same for the back so the extraction areas can be hidden if need be.

This has allowed them to hide the redness and the implanted areas, a bit of fixing spray may also come in handy. If you do have prolonged redness then you could pass this off as a rash.

You will find that most if not all people in the workplace will not even notice it at all, they are far too busy with their own lives.

Thank you for the tips, although i'm not sure I can pull off that kind of fringe.

Its funny you should work for Dr Bhatti because he is the surgeon I am likely to use - we're just in the booking phrase right now.

Just to let you guys know - the indian tourist visa is actually the hardest visa form I've ever come across!

Hi Martino,

Styling your hair to minimize the visibility is your best bet.  Not sure what work you do, but maybe a hat would be acceptable for a brief stretch.  Depending on your bosses hair, he/she might be very understanding.   I am 3 months post FUT. After a couple weeks, it was no big deal.  The few people who have learned of my procedure have been universally supportive and mostly inquisitive.   Everyone wonders about these procedures, either for themselves or loved ones.   It’s much less of a big deal than you think. 

5 hours ago, Martino said:

Just to let you guys know - the indian tourist visa is actually the hardest visa form I've ever come across!

Martino,

If you are having difficulty with some fields or getting the required documents to the required format, drop me an email and I'll help you. The last thing you want is submitting an incorrect application, you will in most cases lose your fee.

7 hours ago, Shera said:

Martino,

If you are having difficulty with some fields or getting the required documents to the required format, drop me an email and I'll help you. The last thing you want is submitting an incorrect application, you will in most cases lose your fee.

A weird thing is the form asked me about my parents - there names, date of birth, town of birth etc.

One parent is dead and i'm not in contact with the other - I tempted to guess the town of birth is the same as mine and they probably only check my details.

I have to say I've never been asked about my parents for a visa before to any other country.

I'm tempted to use an agent to see if they will do it all for me.

22 hours ago, Martino said:

The back of the head isn't a concern with a fue but the front will be red and inflamed for the first 3 or so months.

Its good that you are aware. Many clinics downplay the likelihood of lingering redness and yet it is common in patient posted pictures on this site.

After the first few weeks or so, you can use a small amount makeup (the kind that women use as foundation) to reduce the redness where visible.  It only takes a minute to apply and it works surprisingly well. 

There are loads of YouTube videos on concealing skin issues, but you’re better off going to any department store beauty counter and asking for help. They can try a few different products to see what works best and show you how to apply it.

Edited by Spaceman
Format issues that don’t seem to show up until saved

I didn't get the redness you speak of so the only problem where the scabs.  I took off 2 weeks - came back to work and nobody noticed and that was with 2000 grafts up front.  A lot depends on what type of healer you are as to the redness and how long the scabs remain.  Generally guys don't notice unless it is really obvious - women notice everything.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More