What is the Problem with Erdoğan Hairlines?

Why are there doubles and triples in the hairline? I am almost 4 months post opp with Asmed and I saw a double near the hairline and assumed the singles haven't come in yet. I am not an expert but isn't it very important that singles be placed in the front?

Could it be explained that the Singles did not survive because they pack them so close together or some other issue? or is this simply bad use of microscope and thinking they are implanting a single when in fact its a double? or maybe they don't think singles on hairline are essential to a natural look?

Also Question to Moderator....has the issue with the doubles and triples been brought up to ASMED? Would this be a concern with regard to the sites recommending a particular surgeon if they cannot accomplish a hairline without multi graft hairs? Also as I am not an expert and really basing this question on what others have said....Is it important to have singles on hairline to have a natural look?

7 minutes ago, cali101 said:

Why are there doubles and triples in the hairline?

On average, 1 in 8 follicles is in telogen state at any time. It is in a resting state with no hair. That means some of the doubles, look like singles when they are extracted. The 2nd follicle in the graft is in telogen. So a graft with a single hair but two follicles can easily be mistaken for a single and implanted in the hairline. It is also possible for a triple to have two follicles in telogen.

You need a high powered microscope to see the telogen follicles, and you need to examine every graft that goes into the hairline very carefully. Many FUE-only clinics do not have microscopes. It is normally not an issue for FUT surgeries because every graft is separated and sorted under a high powered microscope.

Even with skilled technicians at the microscope, it’s possible to miss a few. I don’t think having a few doubles in the hairline makes a significant cosmetic impact, however, having a lot of them does tend to create a tree-trunk effect and make the hairline seem less natural. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spaceman said:

On average, 1 in 8 follicles is in telogen state at any time. It is in a resting state with no hair. That means some of the doubles, look like singles when they are extracted. The 2nd follicle in the graft is in telogen. So a graft with a single hair but two follicles can easily be mistaken for a single and implanted in the hairline. It is also possible for a triple to have two follicles in telogen.

You need a high powered microscope to see the telogen follicles, and you need to examine every graft that goes into the hairline very carefully. Many FUE-only clinics do not have microscopes. It is normally not an issue for FUT surgeries because every graft is separated and sorted under a high powered microscope.

Even with skilled technicians at the microscope, it’s possible to miss a few. I don’t think having a few doubles in the hairline makes a significant cosmetic impact, however, having a lot of them does tend to create a tree-trunk effect and make the hairline seem less natural. 

Great explanation! Makes logical sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know why people are freaking out. I'm the one who was supposed to freak out after developing a necrosis after my first HT  (4100+ grafts) with ASMED (mostly my fault). I went back for a touch up for 600+ grafts and now almost at 6 months, I can tell that I LOVE my hairline and my HT overall, and I'm not even done yet. Everyday I feel my hair is getting thicker and more dense. Nobody could tell I had anything done and all I get is compliments. People who DO know I've had it done still can't believe how great it looks.

Some people should never get HT, they are emotionally not equipped for it. Let me try to get it through your head. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE THE SAME DENSITY as your original hair.

The girl who cuts my hair still can't believe how good my hair is. She's now thinking having her husband getting HT done. And all she said was: if he ever gets it done, I want YOUR doctor to do it for him. I told her to do research and find a doctor that is suitable for HIM. But she is very adamant because I've known her for 15+ years.

PreOp.jpg

IMG_7432.jpg

Edited by HairDew

Patients are going to Asmed and getting subpar work done. You yourself developed nercosis after your  first hair transplant which is quite rare to get. You may have got a touch up from them but it still set you back a year or two by developing a nercosis which is quite rare when getting a hair transplant.

You cant really see much from one photo of hairline taken with a phone camera (most patients use to take) unless you see the result from multiple angles with lighting and flash. Which is why Asmed (Dr Erdogan) has got lots of praise over the last couple of years, in reality patients are left with botched results unable to style hair other than side sweep with a straight hairline.

If you dont see a natural result, you will never know you got a botched result i suppose. This thread is to educate the patient what the problem is with erdogan hairlines.

Asmed only care about graft numbers, thats it. 2013/14 average graft per frontal hairline 1500-2000, jump to 2018 2500-4000 grafts per hairline.

Every result ive seen on here is botched thats why im not going back, for the past 2 days i tried to convince myself to give them another chance to repair the damage they caused but havent seen one satisfactory result that im pleased with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HT0416 said:

... You yourself developed nercosis after your  first hair transplant which is quite rare to get. You may have got a touch up from them but it still set you back a year or two...

When someone is already happy with their result - to quote  "...I LOVE my hairline and my HT overall" -  no need to try to make that person unhappy. Be happy for them.

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, HT0416 said:

Patients are going to Asmed and getting subpar work done. You yourself developed nercosis after your  first hair transplant which is quite rare to get. You may have got a touch up from them but it still set you back a year or two by developing a nercosis which is quite rare when getting a hair transplant.

You cant really see much from one photo of hairline taken with a phone camera (most patients use to take) unless you see the result from multiple angles with lighting and flash. Which is why Asmed (Dr Erdogan) has got lots of praise over the last couple of years, in reality patients are left with botched results unable to style hair other than side sweep with a straight hairline.

If you dont see a natural result, you will never know you got a botched result i suppose. This thread is to educate the patient what the problem is with erdogan hairlines.

Asmed only care about graft numbers, thats it. 2013/14 average graft per frontal hairline 1500-2000, jump to 2018 2500-4000 grafts per hairline.

Every result ive seen on here is botched thats why im not going back, for the past 2 days i tried to convince myself to give them another chance to repair the damage they caused but havent seen one satisfactory result that im pleased with.

It seems you’re only reason for being on this forum is to bad mouth Dr. Erdogan, even after you have your own thread you literally comment on every thread bad mouthing Dr. Erdogan. As a patient, you’re entitled to be upset at your results. Even though the majority of individuals don’t think the results are bad, but now you’re intentionally trying to persuade another member that their results are bad. This sort of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, HT0416 said:

I'm 100% happy with my ASMED HT, and I consider my procedure a complete success.  I'm very sorry for you and really hope your situation is resolved very soon.

• Like 1

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

14 hours ago, HT0416 said:

The fact is I LOVE MY RESULT. All people around me have no clue about my HT and compliment me all the time "you are lucky for having a full head of hair". It did set me back a little but my touch up was a long hair FUE, so there was no set back really. I just went on with my day, my existing hair covered the touch up work just fine. So I didn't have to go through the ugly duckling stage second time around. People who do know I had HT done, inspected my hair and still cant believe how good it is.

Also, as far is straight hairlines. Dr. Koray actually pointed out to me that my hairline should be a V or a U shaped because I am Caucasian. I wanted a little rounder/straighter hairline. And Dr. Koray was right on the money. When my hair grew out I can see why he said I don't need a straight/round hairline. My hairline looks very natural.

I get it, you are upset with your result, that's understandable but you seem to have an agenda about bad mouthing ASMED in almost every thread about them. Just move on, find a doctor you are comfortable with. There are WAY MORE happy ASMED patients then a couple of unsatisfied ones. Good luck to you.

Edited by HairDew
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 2:26 AM, Mick50 said:

Forget the maths ,just use your god given eyes to judge a result ,   there is no way on god's earth that this guys result is botched or is a below par result ,he looks great ,I personally don't like the low hair -line ,but that's subjective , he has no reason in my opinion to complain Jesus he when all things considered got a pretty good result .

If I forget about maths, I must forget about the amount of money that guy paid. He is paying for per graft and that looks like a thousands graft work. Nothing like 3000, alright? Let me show you what a great result looks like:

That is half the grafts.

Seeing the close-up shots, anyone he contacts can easily tell he had a bad hair transplant. Stop trying to defend it with some blurred and shadowy frames. That is not a good job. Period.

Hi Payam, 

Covering the doubles and triples with singles would of course save you a lot of time. If everything went as expected, you would be done with the repair within a year. This is definitely a major benefit, as I can tell this is something that bothers you a great deal. There is of course the consideration of whether this is something that you have focus on to such an extent that it has become an obsession for you. In that case, it may always bother you that your hairline still has doubles and triples in in (albeit less noticeable), even after the hairline has been filled in with singles. This is a personal decision that only you can make after having consulted with an excellent HT Doctor about what each solution entails. 

The second option, as you said, would be to extract the multi grafts in the hairline, allow the area to heal first, and then go back for another hair transplant. Perhaps the extracted grafts from the repair could be reused in an area behind the hairline that is still thin. This option would however generate scar tissue in the recipient zone where grafts were extracted. The risks associated here would be a great question to ask the Drs who you consult with. My understanding is that the scar tissue may have an impact on growth to a certain degree of any future hair transplant, but please verify this with your Doctor. 

If I were in your shoes, I would consult with a few reputable clinics in your area. That way you will gain a better understanding of the benefits and risks associated with each option. I think you are in a good position to get this resolved so try to be calm about it and focus on finding a good clinic that you have full confidence in. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

As i go through my journey to find a HT surgeon I am less and less likely to go with Asmed after just so many cases of people being unhappy. I see the apologists sticking up for the work they do but the results speak for themselves.

On 12/9/2018 at 12:05 AM, delancey said:

Hi Payam, 

Covering the doubles and triples with singles would of course save you a lot of time. If everything went as expected, you would be done with the repair within a year. This is definitely a major benefit, as I can tell this is something that bothers you a great deal. There is of course the consideration of whether this is something that you have focus on to such an extent that it has become an obsession for you. In that case, it may always bother you that your hairline still has doubles and triples in in (albeit less noticeable), even after the hairline has been filled in with singles. This is a personal decision that only you can make after having consulted with an excellent HT Doctor about what each solution entails. 

The second option, as you said, would be to extract the multi grafts in the hairline, allow the area to heal first, and then go back for another hair transplant. Perhaps the extracted grafts from the repair could be reused in an area behind the hairline that is still thin. This option would however generate scar tissue in the recipient zone where grafts were extracted. The risks associated here would be a great question to ask the Drs who you consult with. My understanding is that the scar tissue may have an impact on growth to a certain degree of any future hair transplant, but please verify this with your Doctor. 

If I were in your shoes, I would consult with a few reputable clinics in your area. That way you will gain a better understanding of the benefits and risks associated with each option. I think you are in a good position to get this resolved so try to be calm about it and focus on finding a good clinic that you have full confidence in. Good luck. 

Thank you my friend, unfortunately there are no good clinics in my area. My problems are the density as well which is about half of the implanted density and adds to the unnatural appearance.

I received a reply from one of the clinics I sent my pics to and they were very worried about my scar tissue in the recipient might not allow for more growth there, I would have to do a consult in person to determine if a touch up is even a viable, they are on the other side of the world though so I am looking to see of there is anyone in the EU that could examine my scar tissue to see if another transplant would be too risky. I am realizing that maybe it would be safer to let it be and that I will never have good density because of the scar tissue, Asmed has let me down in more ways than one during this process. 

Edited by Payam