Jump to content
djohnson

What is the Problem with Erdoğan Hairlines?

Recommended Posts

I'm planning to get an FUE, and have always loved the density Erdogan routinely achieves. (It also doesn’t hurt that it’s affordable.) But some people routinely complain about too low/straight unnatural hairlines.

It seems to me this is an issue that could be solved in the drawing of the hairline before the process. Does he ever do more mature/recessed hairlines? Can you request this during the consultation, or is the shape of a hairline more a surgeon-by-surgeon preference?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no problem. Erdogan is probably best known for FUE mega-sessions, but he does a lot of first rate hairline work. He can and does create mature hairlines when appropriate.  Check out HG1’s thread. That said, hairlines are about artistry and personal preference so if your hairline is your primary concern then choose a surgeon who consistently creates hairlines to your taste.

Edited by Spaceman
Format

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right, "problem" is the wrong word. I guess what I'm wondering if anyone has seen Erdogan higher, more recessed, "mature" hairlines, or he strictly does lower/straighter more youthful ones. (Or whether that's something you can do at your discretion when you arrive.)

Edited by djohnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Erdogan does great hairlines, of course hairlines are quite artistic and also highly subjective in terms of aesthetics. The height of the hairline and shape can be discussed with your surgeon prior to surgery. I'm fairly certain that Erdogan would be more than willing to do a conservative hairline if that is what the patient requests.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good question, people often say he is the best option but I see a few hairlines where the density isn't so good, more recently that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Koray does draw the hairline on at the consultation. He asks for your opinion and input. Prior to the HT, the hairline is again drawn on and all his team (in my case) and again he asks for your input. I've read people moaning their highline is too low / high, well peeps you have to open that thing called a mouth and tell the surgeon before he starts extracting. When Dr Koray drew my highline on, I thought it was too low initially. I had 18 hours to reflect prior to the Op. When it was redrawn prior to the Op, I still had the time to make changes. At the end of the day, the Dr does this everyday and I trusted his knowledge and experience. 

 


5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

 

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

 

 

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to erdogan. Hairline is way too straight and low. Multiple people have already commented on it and it’s quite embarrassing. I am now planning to get a repair unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen some good results from him but I have seen some hairlines that look absolutely terrible, at least to somebody who believes that hairlines should be age-appropriate and not draw attention to themselves.

 I’m not a surgeon but I can tell you what my observations are. It seems that a lot of his hair lines have the following problems.

- they are straight lines ie no natural recession.

- the direction of the hair is eerie and sometimes gives a quiff-like effect.

and the BIGGEST issue, in my opinion:

-  there is no subtle transition from the forehead to the hairline. It gives this bizarre Legoman look and frankly why I never even considered him as a possibility for my transplant.

 I am sure there are people on here that can explain better why his hairlines starts so strongly with no subtlety. Perhaps it has to do with the number of single unit follicles implanted there or something along those lines. 

I always thought of his work as more of a “rug on the head” kind of situation. For some that’s good enough but I’d be happier with a natural, conservative approach rather than a drastic mega session that leaves me looking like wiggin’ John Travolta

Edited by HarryHonolulu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HarryHonolulu said:

I have seen some good results from him but I have seen some hairlines that look absolutely terrible, at least to somebody who believes that hairlines should be age-appropriate and not draw attention to themselves.

 I’m not a surgeon but I can tell you what my observations are. It seems that a lot of his hair lines have the following problems.

- they are straight lines ie no natural recession.

- the direction of the hair is eerie and sometimes gives a quiff-like effect.

and the BIGGEST issue, in my opinion:

-  there is no subtle transition from the forehead to the hairline. It gives this bizarre Legoman look and frankly why I never even considered him as a possibility for my transplant.

 I am sure there are people on here that can explain better why his hairlines starts so strongly with no subtlety. Perhaps it has to do with the number of single unit follicles implanted there or something along those lines. 

I always thought of his work as more of a “rug on the head” kind of situation. For some that’s good enough but I’d be happier with a natural, conservative approach rather than a drastic mega session that leaves me looking like wiggin’ John Travolta

It's because Erdogan for whatever reason puts doubles in the very front, i have this issue and many before me, and it can only be fixed with a repair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strongly considering Asmed but must admit, reading about the recent cases of people not being happy with their hairlines is disconcerting. No doubt, they have produced some great results but recently more than the odd unhappy patient seems to be creeping in.

Probably just me and nothing really in it, but seems to me the guys having the bigger 5000 graft sessions at Asmed generally seem to come out happier at the other end as maybe because they are further down the Norwood scale and more often then not are left in a better cosmetic position compared to pre-op? 

Not to say their aren't smaller procedures done by Asmed where patients are more than happy as there are plenty out there but get the impression, and I may well be wrong,  that Asmed's forte seems to be bigger sessions with patients further down the norwood scale? Think there may be surgeons out there who are maybe more consistent in the refinement stakes that some are after?

Edited by Fozzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HT0416 said:

 

 

This looks awful and exactly what I pointed out: weird quiff effect, hairline starts out of the blue, etc

I wouldn’t let them pay me to go through that. When people tell you to run away from FUE mega session factories these videos give them reasons to say that 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Strongly considering Asmed but must admit, reading about the recent cases of people not being happy with their hairlines is disconcerting. No doubt, they have produced some great results but more than the odd unhappy patient seems to be creeping in recently.

Probably just me and nothing really in it, but seems to me the guys having the bigger 5000 graft sessions at Asmed generally seem to come out happier at the other end as maybe because they are further down the Norwood scale and more often then not are left in a better cosmetic position compared to pre-op? 

Not to say their aren't smaller procedures done by Asmed where patients are more than happy as there are plenty out there but get the impression, and I may well be wrong,  that Asmed's forte seems to be bigger sessions with patients further down the norwood scale?

 I think it has to do with budgets, expectations, and yes, where you are on the Norwood scale. If a guy has no hair whatsoever and he is given a decent rug on his head (one that many people would say looks unnatural and bizarre), to his eyes he most likely would feel rejuvenated by it. This happens in cosmetic surgery all the time. There’s a reason that not everybody has great cosmetic surgery done. Think of all the bad facelifts, boob jobs, rhinoplasties etc.- you’d be surprised by how happy people are with results that I and others would never accept.

 Personally if I absolutely had to and I was a higher norwood, I would do a big FUE on the crown and mid scalp with Asmed and then go to somebody else for the hairline itself. 

 But since we are being totally honest? I just wouldn’t go to Turkey at all. Assuming you are in the United States, there are  some great people here. Possibly the best in the world. I don’t think I need to throw names around but it’s obvious who they are. If something goes wrong (unlikely) you are going to be taken care of instantly. Even Mexico offers good options these days if budget is the issue. 

The idea of flying back and forth to turkey to correct a poor result sounds like a nightmare. The money you spend on all the airfare and hotels could easily cover an upgrade to an A-list surgeon.

 My feeling is that the clinic is very good at promoting success stories and their leading doctor Erdogan is a technically minded guy who is a permanent fixture on the FUE panel circuit. He even presides over the FUE association or whatever it is. But none of that means anything if results are poor and from what I have seen they are indeed poor. 

 Maybe he is not doing the surgeries himself since they have so many patients. Or maybe he’s just a good salesman with a great photographer in those impressive results. 

But yeah. If you want a Ferrari don’t walk into a Toyota dealership.

Edited by HarryHonolulu
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am living with a Erdogan hair transplant, it is awful. I wished i never got it done. Far too straight, multi hair grafts in hairline, pluggy apperance with grafts sticking out in un natural direction. 

Asmed have offered me a repair finally 2 years worth of complaining but i just dont know if they have skill to do a repair and give me a natural look.

They wont tell me whats involved when they repair until i arrive in turkey.

Dr Erdogan wont speak on the phone.

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 22.36.09.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 22.36.22.png

Edited by HT0416

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HT0416 said:

I am living with a Erdogan hair transplant, it is awful. I wished i never got it done. Far too straight, multi hair grafts in hairline, pluggy apperance with grafts sticking out in un natural direction. 

Asmed have offered me a repair finally 2 years worth of complaining but i just dont know if they have skill to do a repair and give me a natural look.

They wont tell me whats involved when they repair until i arrive in turkey.

Dr Erdogan wont speak on the phone.

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 22.36.09.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 22.36.22.png

Thank you for sharing buddy.  These kinds of reports make all the difference. It is why this forum is such an amazing resource.

 Who did your surgery? Was it Erdogan himself?  I am wondering if you have legal recourse to getting partially refunded and using that money elsewhere.  Probably not since it was not technically a failed transplant. But there are other people on here that can help with that I’m sure. 

 If he is getting his tech to do repairs (which is probably the case) I wouldn’t even bother. I would go to somebody who has experience with repairing hairlines. They might even give you a better price because of your situation. 

Otherwise if you go back , the clinic will dive back into your donor (which is always surgery no matter what) and you’ll have no guarantee of success. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was Erdogan who drew hairline and incisions, techs did the rest. I consulted with a dr here in the uk recommended by joe tillman he said i have lots of multi hair grafts in hairline and majority of my hair grafts are at the wrong angles (shooting up) to give it pluggy apperance. 

debating going back (techs dont have ability to carry out reapirs when they cant get basics right), prefer to have a refund and go elsewhere, dont see why they dont do that in my case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asmed are moving to a bigger clinic after the new year. they will be carrying out more surgerys per day. this also scares me

Edited by HT0416

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HT0416 said:

I am living with a Erdogan hair transplant, it is awful. I wished i never got it done. Far too straight, multi hair grafts in hairline, pluggy apperance with grafts sticking out in un natural direction. 

Asmed have offered me a repair finally 2 years worth of complaining but i just dont know if they have skill to do a repair and give me a natural look.

They wont tell me whats involved when they repair until i arrive in turkey.

Dr Erdogan wont speak on the phone.

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 22.36.09.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 22.36.22.png

Sorry your unhappy with your procedure. Do you have a thread? If not I suggest creating one and highlighting all of your before and after photos. I can reach out to the clinic on your behalf to find out what happened. With that said, if I’m being honest it doesn’t look too bad, just needs more density, but I personally dont think it looks pluggy, so don’t feel too bad it can certainly be refined and fixed quite easily.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HT0416 said:

I am living with a Erdogan hair transplant, it is awful. I wished i never got it done. Far too straight, multi hair grafts in hairline, pluggy apperance with grafts sticking out in un natural direction. 

Asmed have offered me a repair finally 2 years worth of complaining but i just dont know if they have skill to do a repair and give me a natural look.

They wont tell me whats involved when they repair until i arrive in turkey.

Dr Erdogan wont speak on the phone.

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 22.36.09.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 22.36.22.png

all these examples of bad procedures by erdogan and his team are the reason i have officially decided i wont be spending my money on a HT with them. Thank you for sharing your story mate. I hope you get this resolves in your second surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Sorry your unhappy with your procedure. Do you have a thread? If not I suggest creating one and highlighting all of your before and after photos. I can reach out to the clinic on your behalf to find out what happened. With that said, if I’m being honest it doesn’t look too bad, just needs more density, but I personally dont think it looks pluggy, so don’t feel too bad it can certainly be refined and fixed quite easily.

Judging by how blurry parts of the image is it looks like his camera adds softness, I have this issue myself and will borrow a dslr to show the true extent of erdogans work, there are countless doubles and tripples in the first 0.5 cm of my hairline, many are at the very front. For someone with dark thick hair compounded by the low density it just looks awful, we are past the realm of touch up here. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Payam said:

Judging by how blurry parts of the image is it looks like his camera adds softness, I have this issue myself and will borrow a dslr to show the true extent of erdogans work, there are countless doubles and tripples in the first 0.5 cm of my hairline, many are at the very front. For someone with dark thick hair compounded by the low density it just looks awful, we are past the realm of touch up here. 

Payam, 

You are being over the top, betond the realm of touch up? Do you seriously think that there’s no hope anymore? 

To be honest, you’re creating some hysteria with patients who aren’t even half way through their results. Lets be fair and objective and allow the full time of the procedure to flourish before making absolute statements. 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @htrestoration FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Payam, 

You are being over the top, betond the realm of touch up? Do you seriously think that there’s no hope anymore? 

To be honest, you’re creating some hysteria with patients who aren’t even half way through their results. Lets be fair and objective and allow the full time of the procedure to flourish before making absolute statements. 

I meant for my own case. How do you touch up doubles and tripples in the hairline? I thought the term touch up only applied to adding density?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camera 100% adds softness, in real life it looks really bad. I have asked asmed for a refund instead of a repair. I believe they will make it much worse going back.

Everything about my hairline is botched from how straight it is, the density and graft angles growing in wrong direction. 

I didnt want a mop of hair , i want improvement to my existing hairline. All you getting at Asmed is a mop of hair.

Im 30 months post op

Edited by HT0416

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×