What’s Wrong with No Shave FUE?

djohnson

I’ve noticed an increasing number of surgeons offer FUE where they don’t shave the recipient area. But I don’t see many peopling using this option. Particularly on hairline work, it seems like an easy way to disguise the surgery for the first few months as grafts start to grow, and only slightly more expensive in some cases. Why don’t more people do it?

I’ve heard the explanation that it causes shock loss, but I imagine that would occur regardless of shaving or not. And the remaining hair would still serve the same purpose.

Thoughts?

Very tedious work and a lot more expensive as you have to go in and around the native hair.  Takes a long time and, opinion wise, it's just not worth it.  if having the donor area shaved is an issue, take a vacation.  When you return to work you can just say that you are trying a new hair style, (which is very becoming now-a-days.  Not only will you pay less, things will go a lot smoother during the intervention.

This is exactly what I am hoping to do next month.  TBH yes it cost more and takes a longer amount of time, but I would rather not go through the 3/4 months (at least) of the ugly duckling stage explaining to people why i have redness (you cant really hide that) + no hair.   But that's just me! Everyone is different.

Some people need to have a smoother transition back into public life due to upcoming events etc.

It really depends on eligibility, I am going for a consultation and hopefully i am eligible.  It's generally only for hairline work, so you can push the existing hair forward to disguise the procedure.   There is an example case below, this guy had been able to return almost immediately to public life.

He has a photo of his hair pushed forward at the airport after the operation and you cant see anything.

Edited by markymarc123