Dr. Panine 2,500 FUE Grafts with Results

BADB-BROS

I am 24 years old, and have been thinning from the age of 20. I have done countless hours of research and have tried every known remedy to man (natural and unnatural) to slow down my hair loss: (LLLT, Minoxidil, Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Biotin, Hair/Skin/Nails pills, Omega 3's, DHT blocking Shampoos, Dermal Rolling, Diet changes, Snake oil products and all sorts of other oils.) Of course when nothing worked, similar to many men before me, I looked into surgery as an option and spent countless hours researching Dr.'s looking for FUE/Strip, scars, hairline, density, and the most natural looking results. I narrowed it down to three surgeons:

I've met Dr. Katona (Restore), Dr. Keller (North Shore Hair Translplant), and finally Dr. Panine with Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Each gave me a consultation regarding my situation and explained what I could come to expect. Considering my line of work as a Nurse, I know my Dr. "types." I can tell when a surgeon is all marketing gimmicks or treats their patients like a conveyor belt, and charges more for less results (Restore). Or whether their living in the past, not up to date on more modern/advanced procedures, biased in opinion, stubborn on their own methods (Dr. Keller). Or if they are actually open to their patients INDIVIDUAL situations, goals, and presented with the best options to accomplish them.

Dr. Panine was the obvious choice. The choice was as simple as his decades of experience, track record of great results, willingness to update his approach with the times, his Individualistic nature towards his patients, willingness to answer any questions you have, his price point, and of course his artistic ability (which is a HUGE factor that many surgeons lack). I can't explain how happy I am that I made that decision because it's safe to say that surgery was a breeze, his surgical assistants were cute, and I was kept comfortable and relaxed throughout the entire procedure, and there is virtually no scarring. I'm so thankful to Stuart for his support and communication, as he was my go to man when I needed anything or any information regarding pre and post op expectations, and when to come in for followups. But most importantly the thing we are all eagerly looking to get out of our hair transplants...

RESULTS. And Dr. Panine Delivered!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

Pre Op

Post Op

7months Post Op

Outdoor Lighting

Indoor Lighting

And stay tuned for my 1 year Post Op results!

Avram, Benjamin 002.JPG

Before Surgery 02.JPG

Before Surgery 03.JPG

Before Surgery 04.JPG

Before Surgery 05.JPG

After Surgery 03.JPG

After Surgery 01.JPG

After Surgery 02.JPG

After Surgery 04.JPG

7 Months Post Op 02.JPG

7 Months Post Op 06.JPG

7 Months Post Op 03.JPG

7 Months Post Op 013.JPG

7 Months Post Op 07.JPG

7 Months Post Op 09.JPG

7 Months Post Op 012.JPG

7 Months Post Op 010.JPG

7 Months Post Op 011.JPG

IMG_8625 2.jpg

IMG_8623 2.jpg

IMG_8624 2.jpg

IMG_8645 2.jpg

IMG_8641 2.jpg

IMG_8639 2.jpg

IMG_8635 2.jpg

IMG_8634 2.jpg

IMG_8629 2.jpg

IMG_8630 2.jpg

IMG_8631 2.jpg

Edited by BADB-BROS
Left out some information

Thank you very much!

Yes, a 0.7mm bore punch size and I believe 3.0mm depth was used. Going smaller (0.6mm) could decrease scarring but increases your chances of transection of the hair follicle while lower the follicular survival rate. On the other hand, going larger (1.0mm) can leave larger scars and can transect surrounding follicles as well, but can have a greater yield in follicular survival. I think that 0.7mm bore size is the best of both worlds, with very little scarring, and a small margin of transected hair follicles, and as you can see from my results, a great yield as well!

Edited by BADB-BROS

Density looks good man, although, in all honesty, the zig-zag of the graft placement in the hairline just looks a little pluggy, especially when a persons hair style is showing off the hairline. I don’t understand why doctors choose to do this, there’s no reason for it it almost always just gives the appearance of toy doll hair, isn’t the reason for FUE to get away for the old pluggy look of techniques of old?? ....but a touch-up of adding single-hair grafts between the gaps can resolve this.

Edited by VicTNYC

BBAD-BROS Thanks for posting your result, your hair is looking excellent for only 7 months. The density is good and IMO your hairline looks extremely natural. Being only 7 months it will continue to improve over the next several months. VicTNCY the main reason people are doing FUE procedures is to get away from having a linear scar on the back of the scalp.

Edited by Stuart01
add something

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

VicTNYC,

Stay tuned. I’ll be posting pictures after a full year to see how everything settles in with the texture, length, naturalness, and density. Let me know then if you still think the results look pluggy then.

Edited by BADB-BROS

30 minutes ago, Stuart01 said:

BBAD-BROS Thanks for posting your result, your hair is looking excellent for only 7 months. The density is good and IMO your hairline looks extremely natural. Being only 7 months it will continue to improve over the next several months. VicTNCY the main reason people are doing FUE procedures is to get away from having a linear scar on the back of the scalp.

I understand that, but, my criticism was with the creating a zigzag hairline with the grafts, to me it just looks unnatural. Although, like I mentioned the density looks good and with time probably great.

10 minutes ago, BADB-BROS said:

VicTNYC,

Stay tuned. I’ll be posting pictures after a full year to see how everything settles in with the texture, length, naturalness, and density. Let me know then if you still think the results look pluggy or doll like then.

Fair enough, I hope your full result turns out great!

• Like 1

Looking good BADB-BROS!  Your hair is looking really good, and it isn’t even done filling in yet! Congratulations on taking the plunge! What’s your maintenance regimen?  Finasteride? Curious as to what the donor area was like in case that the doc felt you might need future transplants? 

21 minutes ago, vinzaf19 said:

Looking good BADB-BROS!  Your hair is looking really good, and it isn’t even done filling in yet! Congratulations on taking the plunge! What’s your maintenance regimen?  Finasteride? Curious as to what the donor area was like in case that the doc felt you might need future transplants? 

I appreciate that! 

I still take Finasteride along with a Men's daily supplement + Omega 3's, hair skin and nails supplement every day, and Minoxidil with a dermal roller every other day. I use whatever left over medicated shampoos I have left, only because I bought in bulk, although I don't believe they help. And I use Coconut oil, Vitamin E, and Castor oil about once a week to help improve texture of my hair. 

I was in the 95th percentile for my donor region density prior to surgery. That being said, my donor site is still very thick with no notable density loss. I would imagine being able to do at least 2 more surgeries with no issues.

BADB-BROS, Dr. Panine is exceptional. He did transplant surgery for me in 2013. My results were also excellent and they only got better. Yours will as well. Congrats! You made the right choice!

• Like 1

Thanks Brother,

My shedding phase started 1 month after my surgery, lasted approximately 1 month, and growth started the third month. Not going to lie, I was very scared when this phase started, but as soon as the new hair started coming in it was all worth it.  

IMG_8646.jpg

IMG_8647.jpg

IMG_8648.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators

How did I miss this thread wow that hairline 🤩

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How did I miss this thread wow that hairline 🤩

Thanks man! As I said in my post, Dr. Panine is an artist. I’ve met with every other prominent Hair Surgeon in Chicagoland, and they don’t compare to his work.

• Administrators

Can you post some updates on this thread? I’d love to feature it on our newsletter 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks for sharing and your results look amazing so far. It's only going to get better. And yes, @Dr. Vladimir Panineis a superstar surgeon and gentleman. 

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:46 PM, BADB-BROS said:

I am 24 years old, and have been thinning from the age of 20. I have done countless hours of research and have tried every known remedy to man (natural and unnatural) to slow down my hair loss: (LLLT, Minoxidil, Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Biotin, Hair/Skin/Nails pills, Omega 3's, DHT blocking Shampoos, Dermal Rolling, Diet changes, Snake oil products and all sorts of other oils.) Of course when nothing worked, similar to many men before me, I looked into surgery as an option and spent countless hours researching Dr.'s looking for FUE/Strip, scars, hairline, density, and the most natural looking results. I narrowed it down to three surgeons:

I've met Dr. Katona (Restore), Dr. Keller (North Shore Hair Translplant), and finally Dr. Panine with Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Each gave me a consultation regarding my situation and explained what I could come to expect. Considering my line of work as a Nurse, I know my Dr. "types." I can tell when a surgeon is all marketing gimmicks or treats their patients like a conveyor belt, and charges more for less results (Restore). Or whether their living in the past, not up to date on more modern/advanced procedures, biased in opinion, stubborn on their own methods (Dr. Keller). Or if they are actually open to their patients INDIVIDUAL situations, goals, and presented with the best options to accomplish them.

Dr. Panine was the obvious choice. The choice was as simple as his decades of experience, track record of great results, willingness to update his approach with the times, his Individualistic nature towards his patients, willingness to answer any questions you have, his price point, and of course his artistic ability (which is a HUGE factor that many surgeons lack). I can't explain how happy I am that I made that decision because it's safe to say that surgery was a breeze, his surgical assistants were cute, and I was kept comfortable and relaxed throughout the entire procedure, and there is virtually no scarring. I'm so thankful to Stuart for his support and communication, as he was my go to man when I needed anything or any information regarding pre and post op expectations, and when to come in for followups. But most importantly the thing we are all eagerly looking to get out of our hair transplants...

RESULTS. And Dr. Panine Delivered!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

Pre Op

Post Op

7months Post Op

Outdoor Lighting

Indoor Lighting

And stay tuned for my 1 year Post Op results!

Avram, Benjamin 002.JPG

Before Surgery 02.JPG

Before Surgery 03.JPG

Before Surgery 04.JPG

Before Surgery 05.JPG

After Surgery 03.JPG

After Surgery 01.JPG

After Surgery 02.JPG

After Surgery 04.JPG

7 Months Post Op 02.JPG

7 Months Post Op 06.JPG

7 Months Post Op 03.JPG

7 Months Post Op 013.JPG

7 Months Post Op 07.JPG

7 Months Post Op 09.JPG

7 Months Post Op 012.JPG

7 Months Post Op 010.JPG

7 Months Post Op 011.JPG

IMG_8625 2.jpg

IMG_8623 2.jpg

IMG_8624 2.jpg

IMG_8645 2.jpg

IMG_8641 2.jpg

IMG_8639 2.jpg

IMG_8635 2.jpg

IMG_8634 2.jpg

IMG_8629 2.jpg

IMG_8630 2.jpg

IMG_8631 2.jpg

E41D9154-9E6D-4AD3-9BFF-F06BA23FABDC.png

16355988-1522-4CA6-9571-2751AA658E0F.png

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, BADB-BROS said:

E41D9154-9E6D-4AD3-9BFF-F06BA23FABDC.png

16355988-1522-4CA6-9571-2751AA658E0F.png

🤯🤯🤩🤩

View my thread

56 minutes ago, bensk said:

Insane results.

congrats !

what is your regimen ?

Are you on finasteride ?

thx

57 minutes ago, bensk said:

Insane results.

congrats !

what is your regimen ?

Are you on finasteride ?

thx

Yes, I still use finasteride, rogaine to get the baby hairs to soften the hairline, and I use oils to improve the texture, plus medicated shampoo, and daily scalp massages for de calcification.

13 hours ago, BADB-BROS said:

Yes, I still use finasteride, rogaine to get the baby hairs to soften the hairline, and I use oils to improve the texture, plus medicated shampoo, and daily scalp massages for de calcification.

How’s the donor look when short? Pics?