I'm 6 months post FUE from Nader, and I do recommend him. I had over 4000 grafts placed, half in front and half in crown, and so far I can see a huge improvement. He is honest and the experience was easy and painless. He texts back within a couple of hours every time I have a question or concern.

JeanLDD is incredibly bias against Nader as you can track through his previous posts, so I would take his opinion with a grain of salt. But I do agree with the past reviews of Nader when his patients have seen too few grafts placed for thick coverage. I will probably return for around 2000 additional grafts in a year or so, but that should get me to a near perfect visual density. I may post results in the future...just wanted to see what 9 months looks like.

Good luck!

I've read all the posts with great interest given your pattern.  You are still young.  And, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  It seems, by the photo you took of the back, that you are still progressing, particularly the perimeter.  It also seems as if you have a lot of miniaturized hair that has not left the buidling.  I would encourage you to consider all medical modalities, (Propecia, Rogaine, laser and PRP) for a period of time.  (Say a year).  If you respond well, you may end up having more options.

Considering your donor, which based on the photos you have provided seems very limited, be judicious with your grafts.  Do not, I repeat....Do not place them diffusely throughout the whole pattern. 

I have some homework for you.....Go to the mall and start looking at people and how they typically lose hair.  You will notice, in an advanced pattern, the majority tend to keep a forelock.  The have a bit of density right behind the front, and are empty in the back.  Mimicking mother nature will yield the most natural results.

With regards to doctors that practice abroad.....regardless of country........and that also applies to doctors in the USA, the most recent trend is to attract patients by allowing a very low fee.  This not only devalues the practice but it has an effect on everyone in the industry.  This is augmented 12 months later when the results are less than satisfactory.  

My suggestion....Look at post of photos of results.  Tons of them if you can.  And save your money.  When you are ready then move forward here or abroad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 12:22 PM, Recedinggenes said:

Do you know what Dr. Gabel charges per graft for fue

I'd reach out to the Gabel people with that question as variables change prices sometimes for physicians in demand.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

On 10/17/2018 at 9:40 AM, chillgazer said:

Gee, thanks for making me feel better about my current situation. If I could truly accept myself as bald and finally like what I see in the mirror, I wouldn’t have registered or posted on here. It’s not completely unrealistic to have these surgery goals because I’ve seen Gabel transform Norwood 6/7 folks. I’m already well aware I won’t have the crown I had at 18.

It might be easy for the majority of men to let nature take it’s course and accept your losses, but as a transgender man, it’s a different experience. I’ve hid behind glasses and ball caps, shave my head every three days- yet I still feel disgusted with my appearance.

You have an advanced pattern. Given that you’re in Portland have you actually consulted with Gabel? Did he think you are a good candidate and if so, what kind of procedure did he recommend? I would at least consult with him in person, tell him your goals, and see what your options are, even if you cannot afford him right now. And if he happens to tell you aren’t a good candidate or that your goals cannot be met, then listen to him.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very surprised by the opinion of Dr. Nader. I just had 5236 grafts and some of things being said here are just not correct.  First off, he does his stuff by hand. Second, he was not pushy or money driven.... I pushed for more and he have me some grafts for free to be perfectly honest.  I work in Healthcare and found his office to be perfectly suitable and his care and attention were frankly remarkable.  This guy doesn't run a business, he runs a practice.  BTW, this is my second go around... First with Dr. Path ~5 years ago so I do have something to compare to.  Your mileage may vary of course but I found him to be great, I will be posting pics hopefully.  If I found anything "off", it was the response time.  But if you fill out the forms online and follow up it wasnt that big of a deal, they roll a little slower down there than in the US but dont let that put you off.