Red bump and bald spot around it 4 months post op

I'm 4 months post-op and I think some action is starting to happen.  I have a spot that has presented itself and has me a bit worried.  I don't have any other spots like this and its not really where hair was transplanted, but maybe it some was, forgot already since I had hair scattered around.  I attached some pictures.  I know pimples are normal.  This doesn't appear to be a pimple and has been around for a week or two.  It's bald too! size of a dime I'd say.

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

It looks like it is raised.  You shouldn't be on here, you should be at the doctors office.  It is probably something very minor, but we are not qualified to diagnosis or prescribe.  You may need antibiotics.  Catch whatever it is early because you don't want it to linger.  It could also be something as simple as an ingrown hair.

When hair follicles on the scalp become inflamed, it leads to a condition called scalp folliculitis. ... Typically, folliculitis causes red scalp bumps that are tender or itchy. The bumps may be filled with a clear or yellow fluid. This skin and scalp condition is caused by bacteria or fungus.

From the pictures on Google Folliculitis seems more likely.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

You wrote Cellulitis before and I went on a google rampage and was freaking out...    I'll get it checked out just in case.  Because of the baldness in the area is making me think of the worst.   It doesn't seem to be folliculitis because there is no white head and the bald spot of it.

Edited by densedream

7 hours ago, densedream said:

You wrote Cellulitis before and I went on a google rampage and was freaking out...    I'll get it checked out just in case.  Because of the baldness in the area is making me think of the worst.   It doesn't seem to be folliculitis because there is no white head and the bald spot of it.

I had cellulitis on my shin this year and it was the first thing I thought of, then I withdrew that so as not to freak you out.  Cellulitis is some mean stuff and it took me months to get rid of it on my shin.  Did you Google the pictures of folliculitis?  I saw some that looked like yours.  You really should see a doctor, these things can spread quickly.  I don't really think it is much, I would not be asking some guy on the internet.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

If you are unable to see your HT surgeon right away, best to have a dermatologist look at it...it could also be a cyst but best to get it examined.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Definitely get it checked out as soon as you can. And if you're anything like me, remember not to pick at it. I have a really hard time leaving stuff like that alone, so whatever you do just leave it be and let the doctor resolve it for you. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I agree....picking at it could cause an infection.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY