My Journey - M 34 - UK

byron

Hi all, I have been a user of this page for some time now and I have been losing my hair gradually since my mid 20’s. I started to act upon my mature hairline and pictures of these will be posted just to see where it was at. I experimented late 2010 with topical minoxidil but it made me itch like crazy, and also the rogaine foam was difficult as I worked out a lot and the sweat made the foam go in m6 eyes and mouth, not good. During all of this time I had kept my battle as a secret from family as I felt a bit ashamed and was worried what they would think. I started on finasteride in 2012, and bought a pill cutter and took it in quarters but after losing a family member to prostate cancer and the links that were associated with the medication enlarging the prostate I was spooked by this, thus stopped taking it. 

This does get quite exhausting!!!!!!

Then I read about the benefits of shampoos which can halt DHT formation, and tried brands such as Nizoral, alpecin, amd even cheap branded caffeine shampoos, they all gave my hair a boost as my hair is pretty thick. Around 2016 I noticed that the thinning was more apparent around the front area although I got away with sweeping over my thick central hair to the side to cover my mature hairline, whenever there was a gush of wind or bad rain my hair loss would become really obvious. This made me feel really low about myself, and was a contributory factor in me recently going on to antidepressants. Yes it affected me that much! 

I started looking at surgical procedures to correct my hair loss, each to their own but immediately I ruled out FUT and focused on researching FUE. I then started looking at prices, the uk was too expensive for me, and I was very sceptical about going to European countries and worldwide SUCH A MINEFIELD! Then I looked into going to turkey for my procedure and I was literally hounded by some organisations via WhatsApp some were relentlessly calling me even when I was in the gym rudely cutting my music out regularly. I began talking to a clinic in the besiktas area of Istanbul and they had great reviews and offered an attractive package, hotel, procedure, after care, medication etc. I spoke to the clinic for about 8 months ensuring I did my homework on them and asked a lot of questions and in July this year I plucked up the courage to book a flight with my supportive partner to Istanbul to get the procedure I need, not only to boost my mental state but to give me a new lease of life, time to look after number one I said to myself.

The procedure was completed in early October and  went really well, clinic was super clean and professional, I met the doctor who is well renowned in turkey and they were just fanstastic. My bloods were taken then the hairline was drawn by the doctor, and I was then taken into the room ready for the procedure to begin. The anaesthetic injections in front and back of scalp were painful but it soon wore off and they strived to produce a very clean procedure. I will add pictures ASAP, thank you 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...