Plucking out transplanted hairs on forehead / hairline

in2deep

Guys, i hate my transplant that I did along the hairline (at only 20yrs old), looks very unnatural and hairs are too thick, its been 3 years since the transplant and for the past 6 months I have been plucking them out which seems to work, however the skin where the transplant had been done is a bit whiter and brighter then the rest of the face and I have been doing 3 dermapen / microneedling sessions and still got 3 more, to try and correct that area but any other suggestions on what could be done to get the skin looking more natural. Thanks a lot for readinf, any responses much appreciated 

This is after the 4th dermapen session which took place yesterday, is there anything a dermatoligist can say other than fraxel laserr which is sketchy and dermapen (microneedling) which I am currently undergoing. The red area from the needling (in the pics) is where i have been plucking the transplants. Thanks for reading

7D729F83-DE70-4829-A3E8-F408735552BD.jpeg

Edited by in2deep

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 4:57 AM, in2deep said:

This is after the 4th dermapen session which took place yesterday, is there anything a dermatoligist can say other than fraxel laserr which is sketchy and dermapen (microneedling) which I am currently undergoing. The red area from the needling (in the pics) is where i have been plucking the transplants. Thanks for reading

7D729F83-DE70-4829-A3E8-F408735552BD.jpeg

I can't see any problem . Would you please send a clear picture with close up shot?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 10:34 AM, hairlinehelp said:

I can't see any problem . Would you please send a clear picture with close up shot?

Right infront of the hairline there is a strip of about 3 centimetres where the transplant hairs was removed. Can u not see it? Thanks for your time.

21 hours ago, ILtrooper said:

How about get another hair transplant done but have some single hairs planted up front to create a more natural appearance? 

Possible my dude but the procedure is not easy and takes a lot of time, which i already went through and now hate the results, im cool with plucking them, but anything can be done to make the skin return to as close as to its natural appearance :( 

I see what you mean.  I am suffering from a similar bad FUT transplant in the front of my hairline as well.  I often wondered / wanted to simply pluck the transplanted hair out in the front but was too worried about the skin underneath.  I am looking into alternative methods and repair surgery options...right now I am leaning toward plug removal / redistribution and A cell treatment for the skin.  But yeah we have very similar problems, it is a shame too because I, like you still have a lot of GREAT hair on my head - it would be really nice to utilize it again.  

Best thoughts.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 5:43 PM, in2deep said:

...however the skin where the transplant had been done is a bit whiter and brighter then the rest of the face ...any other suggestions on what could be done to get the skin looking more natural.

Hmmm. Probably go to the beach a bit. The area probably need some sun/tan to match the rest of your skin.

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 1:21 AM, OliverTja said:

Hi!

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem. Hope you to find a solution for that soon.

Did you show it to your surgeon? If you did, what was his reaction?

Unfortunately he said if i wanted em removed my only option wld be lazer :(

On 11/16/2018 at 6:12 AM, fortuneplant said:

Hmmm. Probably go to the beach a bit. The area probably need some sun/tan to match the rest of your skin.

Thing is i went to the beach all summer but tht area doesnt change color or smthing. idk but it stays brighter than rest of skin :( 

On 11/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, TjMiles270 said:

I see what you mean.  I am suffering from a similar bad FUT transplant in the front of my hairline as well.  I often wondered / wanted to simply pluck the transplanted hair out in the front but was too worried about the skin underneath.  I am looking into alternative methods and repair surgery options...right now I am leaning toward plug removal / redistribution and A cell treatment for the skin.  But yeah we have very similar problems, it is a shame too because I, like you still have a lot of GREAT hair on my head - it would be really nice to utilize it again.  

Best thoughts.

I am much happier ever since i started plucking them out. I am so sorry you still have a great head of hair & did the same thing i did & got a fut. just remember its not the end of the world. Its not cancer, you’re not blind, you’re not deaf. Its not the end of the world. Stay strong brotha we will get through this 💞💓

On 11/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, ILtrooper said:

Laser hair removal should do the trick

You speaking out of experience pr? All laser will do is remove the hairs, if that. The transplant hairs are thick and stubborn, will take around 6 sessions & all tht will do is remove the hairs, which can be done by just plucking... im talking about improving the skin where the transplant had been done. Things like chemical peel, derma pen, micro needling.. etc

Yes, I have done laser hair removal before. Laser kills the hair follicles and once the hair follicles are no longer under your skin, the characteristics of you skin will change. It will look like other areas where there are no hairs. In my opinion, laser is your best bet. Screw plucking hairs all the time. Painful and will not be a permanent solution for you. 

I mean look at all those people who lose their hair. The areas where they lost their hair is no longer a different color than the rest of their skin. It looks like hair never grew there before. Laser is the same thing,  just an artificial loss.

• Thanks 1

do you have any pics of what the hairline looks like with the transplanted hairs grown out? you can tell there was an attempt to lower the hairline maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch - graft spacing looks sparse compared to your naturally dense hair so I'm sure it probably looks pluggy. Possible solution could be to fill in density or a combination of redistribution and removal of grafts via FUE. I would see a top surgeon for a consultation, maybe the Hairline King Dr. Rahal - who recreates some of the most natural hairlines I've seen.  I'm sure you're an easy case in the right hands. Laser removal is not always a permanent process. Good luck to you.

• Thanks 1