Growing out donor

Hey all

6 weeks post op- has 2000 grafts FUE.  Fully in ugly duckling mode.

I buzzed by hair a week ago because it was growing out at the back and sides. Looks much better when uniformly even. 

Assuming that I see graft growth 3-4 months in, when do you guys think it would be best to let the donor area grow out?

i ask because one month post op my donor looked a bit thin and I am curious how much “runway” (or time) is needed for the donor to fully thicken from a buzzcut.

In other words: if I let my donor and recipient grow out 4 months post-op, should I expect a good head of hair about 2 months later? 

Trying to strategize :)

Your donor will fill in quickly at a typical rate of a half inch per month.  I had my first surgery in 2012 and posted many pictures and videos along the way.  You can go back in my website and see hair growth every week along the way.  My recipient area began growing nicely about 3 months out and really looked good by 7 months or so.  You can see all of this at MyFUEhairtransplant.com

Keep us posted on this site (HTN) so we can see your progress.  You have lots to look forward to.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.