FUE 4512 grafts at ASMED/ Dr Erdogan

MHR84

I can see MHR's concerns but I also agree with Melvin's perspective. Many patients ignore the natural vs transplanted density concept.

I don't view this as a failed result at all based on your original pictures, but if any part is bothering you perhaps a touch up would be something to consider.

SophieNigam - Please remove your pictures from this thread and create your own to discuss your results.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks good in my opinion, there is a huge issue with guys expecting to have full density. I posted a thread a few months back showing how different my hair looks when it's wet in bright lights spread apart as opposed to styled regularly. I will try and find that thread.

First of all i am not surprised  that the result looks good to you Melvin, going by your recent comments on various threads i must say it was expected. Secondly i never went to Asmed with any unrealistic expectations but if one is left with the need of a touch up procedure  after a year of surgery, should it be called a success or satisfactory realut? Especially when you have had your surgery for a reasonably huge amount of money at a top reputable hairclnic!

I am not stating unreasonable but some genuine concerns:

The most important part of a hairtransplant surgery is the hairline and which was also my goal in my case. Going by your words that hair transplants are just «illusions» , so my result should atleast give the illusion of having a better density.  That is not the situation in my case (and for many others who got their surgery at asmed recently). I have posted several pitures of my hairline in different conditions, looks and lights (of coure not in bulb light of my house basement as it would have been difficult to capture a pic there and as i still feel daylight is more natural than the lighting inside of a room/building) and all of them shows the poor density and gappy areas inbetween hairline. The most devastating part for me (certainly for many others in their cases) is that i had to wear my hair down or slide them  to hide the unnatural looking hairline. What is the point in the first place if one have to hide his hairline after a year of sugery?

The number of grafts i have used in my surgery should have yielded in a better density over all transplanted area. But that is also not the case in my outcome. The density between tranplanted area and non transplanted area is almost the same. And it was not like that there was a huge density difference between treated and non treated area before surgery. So i think i can  compare the density between treated and noen treated area to evaluate my results. The survival rate of transplanted grafts is 50% or maybe even lower than that.

Edited by MHR84
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 911fan said:

I understand the guy's concern. I think that it has to do with managing your hair styles. You don't get the same density you lost with the surgery. 

i have tried different hairstyles but the low density and the gappy areas inbetween hairline, make the scalp so look through and unnnaural

i am not asking for the density as before but aleast to the Level that i can dra my hair backward or style them in some way. As of now i wear such as that hairline do not get exposed

• Administrators

Guys,

I want you all to know that we hear what your complaints are and we will be reaching out to Dr. Erdogan, for his response. To be fair, as a patient myself I know I could either make my transplant look very good or horrible. So, when I see pictures of the hairline spread apart, under harsh lights and with wet hair. I’m automatically assuming the results look better with normal styling and dry hair. That’s why I created that thread to show how I myself can look the same exact way, under harsh lights, with wet hair and if I spread my hairline apart.

I’m not defending any doctors and if there is a serious issue with a surgeon believe me we’re one if not the only organization that actually does something about it. Countless other so-called patient organizations simply silence their patients by hiding threads from public view. None of that goes on here.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

46 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

I want you all to know that we hear what your complaints are and we will be reaching out to Dr. Erdogan, for his response. To be fair, as a patient myself I know I could either make my transplant look very good or horrible. So, when I see pictures of the hairline spread apart, under harsh lights and with wet hair. I’m automatically assuming the results look better with normal styling and dry hair. That’s why I created that thread to show how I myself can look the same exact way, under harsh lights, with wet hair and if I spread my hairline apart.

I’m not defending any doctors and if there is a serious issue with a surgeon believe me we’re one if not the only organization that actually does something about it. Countless other so-called patient organizations simply silence their patients by hiding threads from public view. None of that goes on here.

Relax Melvin, i am not trying to allege or accuse Asmed clinic of something, just stating facts. My statement above was in answer to your comment. As i have not completed the cycle of 12 months and neither spoken to Asmed about my final results, i am not giving any final judgement.

About being you a patient and knowing one can make a transplant look good or bad, i have tried to be very honest in my thread. I have posted different pictures in different conditions (dry, wet, how i style mye hair normally) and after requests from members on this forum to give a proper preview of my look. But i must say it surprise me that you still doubt my intentions

Edited by MHR84

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

I agree with the last part melvin however we have seen enough sub par results from Erdogan over the past year to warrant his removal from this site. Are you seriously telling me this result would be displayed on their website where the good results show good density etc..? The important thing you and Bill must realise is that this is now becoming consistently sub par. We all know how many patients he has per month and there will always be the odd very good result but it has just become too hit or miss now. What will it take to remove him and save more people? When is anyone on this site or others finally going to grow a pair and see what's in front of them. What's the point in reaching out to Erdogan ? What can he possibly say to defend all these sub par results ? The time has come .. it is  now. We all know if you remove ergodan that's a huge chunk of your traffic gone hense why he still on here, if you say no that's not why you would keep him recommended then bloody well remove him. Simple ! The amount of respect you'll get for doing that would put you far ahead in front of the other organisations.

• Administrators
On 6/12/2019 at 7:00 AM, MHR84 said:

Relax Melvin, i am not trying to allege or accuse Asmed clinic of something, just stating facts. My statement above was in answer to your comment. As i have not completed the cycle of 12 months and neither spoken to Asmed about my final results, i am not giving any final judgement.

About being you a patient and knowing one can make a transplant look good or bad, i have tried to be very honest in my thread. I have posted different pictures in different conditions (dry, wet, how i style mye hair normally) and after requests from members on this forum to give a proper preview of my look. But i must say it surprise me that you still doubt my intentions

I do not doubt your intentions, my only intention is to be fair and objective. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 7:48 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I do not doubt your intentions, my only intention is to be fair and objective. 

Aren't Hair Restoration Network profiting from having these surgeons highly advertised / recommended on the forum?

If so, I can see why moderators / admin see good results, but everyone else bad results.

• Like 2