FUE 4512 grafts at ASMED/ Dr Erdogan

MHR84

16 hours ago, munich said:

I don't think that this was the main goal. if yes then are 4500 grafts for the frontal third definitely to much. Especially the hairline should be  denser. 

Agree completly with you on this Munich! Ref. My comment above

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

11 month mark:

Here is preview of my hairline at little over 11 months after the surgery. The hairline is still quite weak and gappy. To be honest i dont expect any further thickness of transplanted grafts/hair. I will get back to my coordinator at Asmed after passing 12 month ( that will be in the mid of juli) mark to get their opinion. 

P.S! Apologies for some blurred pictures as i have to click at my own.IMG_9762.thumb.png.30d617394a577f85d69aa4595c7b8623.png

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9758.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9757.png

IMG_9770.png

Edited by MHR84

• Administrators

How does your hair look in normal lighting?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Although I understand what you’re getting at here, I would say that the pics he provided are in “normal lighting”, as people are routinely outside during daylight hours in their normal lives. 

Obviously outdoors/sunny lighting isn’t typically going to be as flattering a setting for an HT as indoor, non-overhead lighting. That doesn’t mean it isn’t “normal lighting”. And, wanting your HT to look natural when outside during the day is a reasonable expectation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Although I understand what you’re getting at here, I would say that the pics he provided are in “normal lighting”, as people are routinely outside during daylight hours in their normal lives. 

Obviously outdoors/sunny lighting isn’t typically going to be as flattering a setting for an HT as indoor, non-overhead lighting. That doesn’t mean it isn’t “normal lighting”. And, wanting your HT to look natural when outside during the day is a reasonable expectation. 

The vast majority of people work indoors, it’s a reasonable question to ask for pictures that reflect that.

There needs to be a combination of indoors and outdoors photographs, so we can see what his hair looks like in different circumstances/lighting.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The vast majority of people work indoors, it’s a reasonable question to ask for pictures that reflect that.

There needs to be a combination of indoors and outdoors photographs, so we can see what his hair looks like in different circumstances/lighting.

Agreed, there should be pictures of both environments, as people’s lives are spent in both settings. 

I just wanted to point out that it is reasonable to hope for an HT that looks decent both indoors and outside. They are both “normal” conditions and you shouldn’t be expected to be satisfied with results that only look acceptable in the most optimal of conditions. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What is normal lightning ?

What if pics taken in "normal lightning"/one specific lightning look bit better? Does it mean ht is all of sudden success and we should ignore how it looks throughout the day.

I don't think it should matter as pictures taken before the ht are under harsh studio lights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kingbilla said:

What is normal lightning ?

What if pics taken in "normal lightning"/one specific lightning look bit better? Does it mean ht is all of sudden success and we should ignore how it looks throughout the day.

I don't think it should matter as pictures taken before the ht are under harsh studio lights.

Most balding people’s hair looks crap under harsh light. If I was going to stay inside and away from light bulbs I could’ve saved thousands and not needed a hair transplant ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any hair transplant  done properly should provide  a stand -alone outcome . I have noticed recently a lot of comments saying "well you will need a second procedure to add density to a gappy hair-line" etc as if this is normal.     ,but as I said a hair transplant done right should look natural and stand alone especially one year post op.

Regards lighting I can only speak for my own transplant ,in daylight/sunlight it looks great ,but in certain bright overhead bathroom lighting not so good ,but a bit of toppik and dermatch takes care of that anyway, I would imagine  anyone who was a high NW will notice that overhead bathroom lighting will make it look thinner than it does in normal everyday situations .  

Edited by Mick50

15 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I consider daylighting as a normal lighting and a hairtransplant successful which looks  equal  both under sun light and indoor light. 

But to answer your quiries i wil upload some new pictures taken in indoor light both in wet and dry look. If you go through my pictures posted earlier on this thread, you will find them and which do not differ alot from situation right now.

And YES my hairline do look great if i stand under a zero watt bulb in a dark room. 

Edited by MHR84

23 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Here are few more pictures taken inside of my house under «normal» lighting. Hope it clarifies any futher doubts. 

I have tried to be very honest and optimistic about my surgery outcome on my thread, but tbh now i dont expect any further improvement in my results. After 11 months of surgery from a top notch Clinic, with 4500 grafts i expected the results to be much better. 

A451DD12-F07D-452A-B1BD-05140FF6730A.jpeg

B17423D5-30F0-47BF-8322-BDCB7D29141A.jpeg

754FB300-F80A-41CA-8D60-2CDD6FE8C2FD.jpeg

589F1419-32E6-4798-AD38-FBBBBF643797.jpeg

A9635567-96D2-4723-B653-B55BC534F045.jpeg

CAF2403A-8720-45ED-B5AF-7C61A9963FD3.jpeg

A143B0BA-9D1A-409E-8B1E-9D4BB1FA3471.jpeg

F6D0C4A1-912A-4B1A-BB49-71E2F51DBD6D.jpeg

4AB1869F-3297-42AA-B55E-33B2CC105A87.jpeg

A5396D8A-6ACA-419D-B4F7-E715784F3EA3.jpeg

We both have absolutely identical results.. maybe we had the same "low-skill-level" techs. Two weeks ago I had a call with my asmed coordinator and they tried to convince me that I reached a very good result. After this I ask another clinic about their opinion and they said that I will need another 1000-1200 grafts in the frontal third. So it seems that I will reach a regrowth level of ca. 60-70%. In my opinion this isn't acceptable for the price what I paid for. 

Lately I have seen a lot more bad results from asmed, but I forgot that we present all our pictures only in very very bad light conditions.

They will offer you a free touch up. In best case you will save money...in the worst case you will lose some of your valuable donor reserves like in the first procedure.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, munich said:

We both have absolutely identical results.. maybe we had the same "low-skill-level" techs. Two weeks ago I had a call with my asmed coordinator and they tried to convince me that I reached a very good result. After this I ask another clinic about their opinion and they said that I will need another 1000-1200 grafts in the frontal third. So it seems that I will reach a regrowth level of ca. 60-70%. In my opinion this isn't acceptable for the price what I paid for. 

Lately I have seen a lot more bad results from asmed, but I forgot that we present all our pictures only in very very bad light conditions.

They will offer you a free touch up. In best case you will save money...in the worst case you will lose some of your valuable donor reserves like in the first procedure.

I really dont understand what good and bad lighting is? A result is either good or bad and looks same in all the conditions. A picture taken under day sunlight outside is not a bad lighting or harsh lighting. Its normal

On my thread i have tried to post pictures  under all conditions and in different looks(wet and dry). Dont know what more could one do to be more fair and honest in their review. 

Edited by MHR84

29 minutes ago, MHR84 said:

I really dont understand what good and bad lighting is? A result is either good or bad and looks same in all the conditions. A picture taken under day sunlight outside is not a bad lighting or harsh lighting. Its normal

On my thread i have tried to post pictures  under all conditions and in different looks(wet and dry). Dont know what more could one do to be more fair and honest in their review. 

Guys

i hope I am wrong but your worries are the same as mine, mine is probably worse actually. 

Coorinator keeps saying I have time.m to improve. I’ve requested to talk to the Dr 

not sure what we can do. I assume we all went to the old clinic. How does the warranty work now that they have changed their working practices , have more surgeries a day and results have taken a plunge in quality ? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MHR84 said:

Here are few more pictures taken inside of my house under «normal» lighting. Hope it clarifies any futher doubts. 

I have tried to be very honest and optimistic about my surgery outcome on my thread, but tbh now i dont expect any further improvement in my results. After 11 months of surgery from a top notch Clinic, with 4500 grafts i expected the results to be much better. 

A451DD12-F07D-452A-B1BD-05140FF6730A.jpeg

B17423D5-30F0-47BF-8322-BDCB7D29141A.jpeg

754FB300-F80A-41CA-8D60-2CDD6FE8C2FD.jpeg

589F1419-32E6-4798-AD38-FBBBBF643797.jpeg

A9635567-96D2-4723-B653-B55BC534F045.jpeg

CAF2403A-8720-45ED-B5AF-7C61A9963FD3.jpeg

A143B0BA-9D1A-409E-8B1E-9D4BB1FA3471.jpeg

F6D0C4A1-912A-4B1A-BB49-71E2F51DBD6D.jpeg

4AB1869F-3297-42AA-B55E-33B2CC105A87.jpeg

A5396D8A-6ACA-419D-B4F7-E715784F3EA3.jpeg

Thanks for providing different pictures. When presenting results it’s important to post different lighting, angles and conditions. We’re not always indoors and were not always outdoors. Do you mind posting a top down view picture with dry hair? 

View my thread

51 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks for providing different pictures. When presenting results it’s important to post different lighting, angles and conditions. We’re not always indoors and were not always outdoors. Do you mind posting a top down view picture with dry hair? 

Here you go: Top down view

can also take some pictures in the daylight and post! Just let me know.

8DDD4A6C-8D40-4B63-A989-A8D9A069F408.jpeg

E0D278F8-01BD-4325-9062-D0CC9A1780D2.jpeg

31CD663F-1779-4E64-8AF2-5999E533A5A9.jpeg

10A93B26-6C7E-4870-A354-DEEA73B4B02C.jpeg

C89544D6-5704-4F59-AB78-32D8CF143EC1.jpeg

• Administrators

Looks good in my opinion, there is a huge issue with guys expecting to have full density. I posted a thread a few months back showing how different my hair looks when it's wet in bright lights spread apart as opposed to styled regularly. I will try and find that thread.

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks good in my opinion, there is a huge issue with guys expecting to have full density. I posted a thread a few months back showing how different my hair looks when it's wet in bright lights spread apart as opposed to styled regularly. I will try and find that thread.

Are you kidding me mate! Seriously this looks good to you. Am I blind or you looking someother thread. 

Dry hair will make hair look denser specially from top down view which you specifically asked for! 

And what about the pictures posted before. Don't you see thin gappy hairline there. Really curious what's your opinion about it.

Should this be the expected result after 4500 grafts and year of finestride use.

I genuinely think you guys need to take up these poor results with asmed rather than telling guys not expect fwhat they paid for and consumed their time and energy for. I am growing tired of this pattern of shit results from asmed and ppl being told silly stuff. 

He probably would be told 800 more grafts or to wait 4 more months like many others. xD ridiculous stuff going on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Melvin-Moderator Yeah melvin you are absolutely right 😂If someone is tall like shaq o' neal and he looks only down on the top of his dry head ... than it is a good result 😂😂 

I always thought you were one of us. Now have people have to deal  with such comments when they are dissatisfied and post honest pictures. Really weird that you are the only one who think it's a good result.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Did you see the thread I posted? I am one of you, except I understand that hair transplants are an "illusion" not true density. Now, could the result look better? Yes, but is it horrible and a travesty? I honestly think a lot of guys will be disappointed with hair restoration in general if they expect to look like they never went bald in every situation i.e bright lights, wet hair etc.

That said, I am only giving my opinion. If you think this is a poor result than by all means that is your opinion.

View my thread

@Melvin-ModeratorOf course I saw your posted thread, but lets be really honest... Why we see this kind of pictures only from asmed patients in the last time? Not because they can't handle the reality that hair transplant is an illusion.. the real reason is that they are very dissatisfied with the density in the hairline area. For most of us its very difficult (maybe impossible) to style our hair like you in the video. 

I never said that he has an absolutely terrible result, but the quality for the price and a top surgeon doesn't fit together. For only 1000$ he could have the same (maybe better) result of a random clinic at the turkish hair mall. 

• Like 2

You would also expect the transplanted area to have similar density all over . Of course there will be areas where the density isn’t as much as elsewhere, but I am seeing on a few cases density decent on one side and poor on the opposite . 

There should be better density in asmed compared to other clinics due to the high graft numbers (one of the reasons I went there)

how does the warranty work if they have now turned into a full blown mill and we don’t want to go back there ? 

• Like 1

Hello,

Losing extensive amount of hair in my early 30 is way more heartbreaking than anything I ever have felt. One of my friends advised me to go opt for FUE Hair Transplant. I took the advise and guess what the results are amazing. That’s what matters for me, so relieved!

Edited by SophieNigam