FUE 4512 grafts at ASMED/ Dr Erdogan

MHR84

Hello Friends,

I am a 33 old male from Oslo, Norway and have had a fue procedure at asmed clinic on 4th and 5th of july. I have had an unsuccessful surgery done in Oslo for almost four years ago of almost 1500 grafts. So i decided to go with Dr. Koray Erdogan because no one could match his results and i felt being in secure hands even though it was a costly procedure.

I am currently approaching my 14th week mark (almost 3.5 months) after FUE with 4512 grafts. I was not originally planning on making a post but after much insistence from my little bro (who is known by the name of “Kingbilla” on this forum and had a procedure done in september at asmed) i finally gave in and started this thread. Hope this can be helpful to others and i can get back some valuable feedbacks regarding my progress.

I will not get into the details of travel and hospitality except to say everything you read about the level of service is absolutely correct. Everyone from the drivers to nurses are very kind and attentive.

I went on a 8 days trip to turkey and combined the Operation (July 4th to 5th), 
My Coordinator was Muge, She was a great person, very professional and helpful.
ASMED clinic was very clean, very modern, it was like a hotel, in fact there was a person playing piano in the lounge.
Met with the Doctor , my donor area total was estimated at 8000 graft and he suggested 4500 grafts. After that my head was shaved and we agreed on the hairline.

July 4th Wednesday Operation - Only the Anaesthesia injections were painful, other than that the Operation was just fine.
I had trouble sleeping that night as I was asked to sleep on the Neck Pillow.
5th Thursday Operation - Again, Only the Anaesthesia injections was painful, other than that the Operation was just fine.
again sleeping was the only Problem.
6th Friday - Went to the clinic and Performed the First wash.

Will Keep Updating my progress and pictures, Hope it benefits. Please feel free to ask anything incase you are wondering something, as i am writing a very brief introduction to this thread.

Thanks to all the members for giving me the confidence.

Stats
single: 990
double: 2234
triple: 1189
quardruple: 96
quintpule: 3
total grafts: 4512
Ratio: 2.09 hair/graft
Micron: 55

_DSC4993.png

_DSC4995.png

_DSC4997.png

_DSC5448.png

_DSC5452.png

_DSC5453.png

back.JPG

f.png

fpo.png

Front.png

Frontpo.png

left.png

up.JPG

uppo.JPG

• Like 1

Day 18 Post Op 

After consultation with my coordinator Muge i had to make to use of gauze to scrap my recipient area in order to get rid of scabs. It did help but i lost many hairs but as i was told its normal i didn't stressed too much.

IMG_5450.thumb.jpg.b0b35f3f14e7bea1a7950bd389d17133.jpgIMG_5449.thumb.jpg.e5979767f56d2a985d157797dc77bc79.jpgIMG_5448.thumb.jpg.1a8ab1b2533c473e579867336091aa6e.jpgIMG_5447.thumb.jpg.6ce30557321b4b410798da5a161dcf16.jpgIMG_5446.thumb.jpg.6c0986626180adf43da3f57fd900e8b6.jpg

Edited by MHR84

13 hours ago, redlord said:

Good luck man, I was there at ASMED on 3rd and 4th July, So may be we met each other. Keep updating.

Thanks mate. Ja, maybe we met but as we were many there, its difficult to remember.

will keep u updated

• 3 weeks later...

I feel your hair condition is similar to mine having a unsuccessful first surgery of 3000 grafts so I am going to Asmed this Dec.

Apart from your crown which is still good but mine is bald patching.

Did they mention anything about shock loss and are you on Fin?

Thanks and good luck

On 10/25/2018 at 3:24 AM, HT 2 said:

I feel your hair condition is similar to mine having a unsuccessful first surgery of 3000 grafts so I am going to Asmed this Dec.

Apart from your crown which is still good but mine is bald patching.

Did they mention anything about shock loss and are you on Fin?

Thanks and good luck

yes i am on finasteride, which i was actually also taking before the surgery. No nothing much was said about Shockloss to me by Dr. Erdogan or by the coordinators/technicians. But i think i suffered it in early days after my procedure(at month mark -1-2). Good luck with your surgery friend and do make a thread about it.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:09 AM, Friedman said:

So, I'm no expert, but given that you weren't that bald before, 4500 grafts seems like overkill. I suppose that will guarantee a good result...

Yes i think that too. When i went to asmed i was thinking of actually getting maximum 3500 grafts but after consultation, Dr. erdogan suggested 4500 grafts for the procedure as my hair diameter (micron) was too low 55 and more number of grafts was required to get desired density . And as he is a expert and has a great body of work behind him i went with his conviction. but anyhow if i get a good/desired results i will be more than happy. i will post some new pic next week, when i will be reaching 4th month mark. Hope to get some feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, here are few pictures from 4th month mark. I guess i am one of the patients who are blessed with slow and steady growth?, but i am optimistic for the final results. There are quite a few spots at the front of the hairline with minimal growth, hope they will fill up til month 6. Will post pictures at 5 month mark now.   

IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7716.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7720.jpg

IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_7721.jpg

IMG_7716.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7720.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, here are my latest pictures from 5 month+1 week mark. Posting pictures both in dry and wet look in the daylight, to give you a view of the present situation. And i also styled my hair backward as one member pointed out that i need to style my hair (dont know why).

I won't say there have been very much of progress since last month other than existing hair have gotten longer and maybe thicker. I only see a few sprouts here and there in mid scalp but nothing in the frontal area and in the hairline, i really hope it picks up soon from here as i am approaching my six month marks in three week. As for now there are quite a few wide gaps in frontal area with no visible sprouts and this dont allow me to style my hair as scalp in between hair becomes very visible. I must admit negative thoughts have started to pour in, given the current scenario and the relatable results on the forum, which were not so successful (until now), but i am trying to be positive and won't give final judgement until month 12-18 and until the time i have spoken to my co-ordinator at Asmed. Another thing i would like to mention here is that density in my temple area is quite good relative to density in frontal and mid scalp area especially considering that i had some hair there before.  and maybe thats bcoz the hair implanted in temples never fell off! they started growing like other normal hair right from day 1. But thats only my theory/guess, i am not sure. The reason i haven't coloured my grey     hair as it is advised by Asmed to not dye hair until six month. And i dont use either any styling products as it is also not recommended by the clinic. So please feel free to comment or ask anything, and i will try to response as soon as possible. Next update will be made after 6th month mark.

To conclude : no new hair follicles growing and i feel density should be better at this stage as majority of people see drastic changes in 4th and 5th months . 

IMG_7971.png

IMG_7969.png

IMG_7973.png

IMG_7972.png

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

wet_7981.png

wet_7982.jpg

wet_7983.jpg

wet_7984.jpg

wet_7985.jpg

wet_7975.jpg

wet_7976.jpg

wet_7977.jpg

wet_7978.jpg

wet_7979.jpg

wet_7980.jpg

wet_7974.jpg

Don't worry it doesn't look bad at all at the moment. Not everything will sprout at the same time you've still got a few more months of "new" sprouting as well as that any other sprouted hairs will continue to thicken over many months so the illusion at the end will be a night and day difference to what it is now.

Other than that the hairline looks natural and   not pluggy so thats a good thing so keep your head up and don't compare yourself to other people at the same stage you'll go crazy.

12 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

Don't worry it doesn't look bad at all at the moment. Not everything will sprout at the same time you've still got a few more months of "new" sprouting as well as that any other sprouted hairs will continue to thicken over many months so the illusion at the end will be a night and day difference to what it is now.

Other than that the hairline looks natural and   not pluggy so thats a good thing so keep your head up and don't compare yourself to other people at the same stage you'll go crazy.

Thanks friend for the feedback. Yeah, i hope that too. Its just i have seen som remarkable changes for most of Asmed patients from month 4 to month 6 but i guess i am a slow grower. Trying to be positive but cant control the negative thoughts all the time 🤪.

No, the hairline doesnt look pluggy and the temples have filled up quite nicely. Thats the good part. Its just the density i am a bit worried about since i have utilized quite a huge number of grafts. Will hear about that with my co-ordinator at Asmed when i reach six month mark which which will be at the end of this month. Keep updating your thread as i am keenly following it 😃

The stage you're at you'll be surprised how much difference another month will make. There's always shock loss as well that can take sometime to recover and you'll look a lot worse before you look good again. I know exactly how you feel I'm only at 2 months and I sometimes wonder about one or two areas which is crazy because new sprouting slowly starts between 3 to 4 month. We just have to trust the process and around 9 months you can see pretty close to what the final result will.be in terms of new sprouting. I still havnt had a haircut will post photos in a week or 2 before I go for a cut.

Looks amazing for 5 months. I saw the biggest change between month 6 - 9. You've got a good few months of growth and maturation ahead of you. 

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

13 hours ago, DEB1982 said:

Looks amazing for 5 months. I saw the biggest change between month 6 - 9. You've got a good few months of growth and maturation ahead of you. 

Thanks mate. Seen through your thread just now and wow, what amazing results have you achieved. Congrats man. After been through your whole thread i feel more relaxed. Have you had your second surgery? if yes, can you please give the link of it.

Congrats again! Hope i get same results as of yours

• 4 weeks later...

How have things progressed for you at 6 months?

• Thanks 1

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hello Friends,

Here is my 6-month mark update. Sorry for the late reply, I've just been very busy lately with my job and some personal stuff so couldn’t find the time to make a post.

And I wanted to speak with my coordinator at Asmed before making a update here.

Can’t really say that I had a huge improvement from month 5 to month 6 but transplanted hair seems to getting thicker and i can notice new sprouts in the mid scalp area. But I feel there is plenty of area in hairline(especially the right side), which needs to be filled in order to get a decent hairline and density. Shown the pictures to my coordinator and got a reply from her that Dr. Erdogan thinks most of the transplanted grafts have grown and they only need to become thicker and which is normal at this stage. Hope things will get even better in upcoming month. Please take a look and share your opinion about my results so far. Will make nest update with a months time.

IMG_8099.thumb.jpg.f8b51b7c102d8a17cd16178a0b9a4a91.jpgIMG_8096.thumb.jpg.189382a27e962abfd90f5d560a17f4ce.jpgIMG_8095.thumb.jpg.980bbe4f40dbe00fdb20833a51685964.jpgIMG_8104.thumb.jpg.3b62ee1816525d4fdabd69e15829eb3b.jpgIMG_8103.thumb.jpg.5c171c5fd50e7525000abd9e94478cfa.jpgIMG_8101.thumb.png.6d964e6e7a20e077dec74e9eae2349a2.png

IMG_8109.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8114.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

Edited by MHR84

Here are my pictures from temple points. As mentioned earlier in one of my posts, i think temples have filled in quite nicely and mixed up with existing hairs. Maybe the best part of my surgery so far. The tranplanted grafts in the temple points never fell off and began to grow from day one right after the surgery day. May be thats why. But thats my assumption. Hope to get same kind of density in my hairline too in upcoming months

B6ED446D-C532-487B-BEA2-4F97E152118F.jpeg

013BDE77-1322-40EC-AB0A-4D2EDCC5A92A.jpeg

A36DCFCA-84AD-4C74-83A3-DA31F2EDC102.jpeg

7D5C9493-ED34-49E6-ACC8-915DDEEC411F.jpeg