FUE 4512 grafts at ASMED/ Dr Erdogan

MHR84

23 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Was your hairline was moved slightly lower in procedure with ASMED?

I had done a surgery earlier a few years ago in Oslo (mentioned in my intro of this thread) which was not successful. In that surgery the clinic lowered the hairline and Asmed had to operate according to the hairline established by the clinic in Oslo. So no fault of Asmed in this case. 

32 minutes ago, kw877 said:

Check out my thread. Pretty much identical issues, low density, large gaps between grafts. Hoping that at month 12 or after I can have it fixed as right now, I can’t bare to have it on show :(

Yeah, i have seen your thread and maybe commented there too that both of us having identical issues ( low density, weak hairline especially right side,  big gaps between grafts in hairline). 

Yeah cant doo much other than to wait and hope for something good to happen, til the 12 month mark. Do you know how many grafts do you have left? And would you consider a second transplant considering future hairloss on other area which is not treated? 

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

It's 8000 grafts before it becomes starts looking thin. Reason why Erdogan and some other surgeons numbers for total donor capacity are generally higher is because I think they feel they can target closer to the 35%-40% mark of total of donor area before they feel it starts looking thin. The Belgian and North American surgeons are more conservative and will probably stay in the 25%-30% range for FUE imo.

I would say as soon the grafts are taken from the donor capcity, it begins to look thin but the visibility of thinning depends on how many grafts are taken and whats the hair diameter). In my case donor area on the left side behind the temple point looks quite thin compared to right side. Maybe more grafts were taken from that side. 

But it can be easily covered by growing hair a bit. And in  hairtransplant surgery, one should keep in my mind that the donor area will definetly look thinner after the surgery. Its quite obvious.

But as long one gets goods results, i think it doesnt matter that much if the donor area gets a little thinner. I could have lived with that peacefully😋

Yes, this does not look like a great result is going to happen. There is some improvement for sure though. We may never know what happened here. You for sure are a prime candidate for permanent shock loss. Hairs that are thin and on the way out often get killed for good in a HT.  Thin, end stage hairs are prone to this on their last growth cycle.  It could be that you had some failure in the procedure, aftercare, or just one of the unlucky patients who just aren't great respondents. Then again you could be one of those late bloomers and it all works out.  My guess is a combination of things, with shock loss maybe being the main one coupled with what looks like maybe you have thin hairs naturally. We know hair diameter has a huge impact on how dense it looks. A guy with thin hairs might have 1/2 the coverage of someone with thicker than average hairs.  So keep fingers crossed. Way to early to say for sure. Truth is it might not even be a bad hair transplant. It could easily be shock loss, natural progression of baldness and then naturally thin hair characteristics all making this HT not one that has made the impact you hoped for. It is an improvement though and let's see at month 12.

Yeah, it can be as you are saying combination of diiferents things you mentioned. But then again i have seen many great results with same hair diameter as mine, coming both from Asmed and other well known clinics. Shock loss can also be a reason, but the hairline does seems to have low transplanted density( see attached pic taken just now) as there are quite big gaps in the hair line. Dont know how many grafts are tranplanted per squaremeter in my case but it seems quite low. 

I hope it gets better in the next three months (will be reaching 12 month mark in 3,5 month). I wish my hairline get thicker and denser so i could style my hair atleast, which is also the primary reason of getting a transplant in the first place. 

72C9E8DB-2A49-4AF7-9B69-C846286E69B0.jpeg

81D0B293-EAA3-4ED9-84CD-3F35FB1504F6.jpeg

938BCFE8-658A-4757-AC40-254E3BEA29CF.jpeg

Edited by MHR84

2 hours ago, MHR84 said:

Yeah, i have seen your thread and maybe commented there too that both of us having identical issues ( low density, weak hairline especially right side,  big gaps between grafts in hairline). 

Yeah cant doo much other than to wait and hope for something good to happen, til the 12 month mark. Do you know how many grafts do you have left? And would you consider a second transplant considering future hairloss on other area which is not treated? 

I think i had 8k donor. I dunno about that though. I’d consider having another pass with 1k max added to my hairline. I’ll probably get smp in my donor and tbh if I get a good 10 years with decent hair I’m not too bothered about later on. At 50+ my body won’t be anything special so my hair won’t be an issue. Just wanna get the most out of my 30s lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kw877 said:

I think i had 8k donor. I dunno about that though. I’d consider having another pass with 1k max added to my hairline. I’ll probably get smp in my donor and tbh if I get a good 10 years with decent hair I’m not too bothered about later on. At 50+ my body won’t be anything special so my hair won’t be an issue. Just wanna get the most out of my 30s lol

Yeah that true. We should concentrate of getting more out of 30s 😂 instead of worrying for later years 

This is how my hairline looks after 6 months and 3 weeks. Have the same problem like you guys. Density should be about 50 grafts per squarecentimer. Actually I measured under 15 in the temple area. 

IMG_20190311_224624.jpg

9 minutes ago, munich said:

This is how my hairline looks after 6 months and 3 weeks. Have the same problem like you guys. Density should be about 50 grafts per squarecentimer. Actually I measured under 15 in the temple area. 

IMG_20190311_224624.jpg

Can you share link of your thread?? Whats your hair diameter? Have u had your surgery at Asmed? 

35 minutes ago, munich said:

IMG_20190311_224624.jpg

I counted 23 in random part of mine. Some parts are definitely less. Why do we all have these same density issues? Like they’re identical ...

5 minutes ago, kw877 said:

I counted 23 in random part of mine. Some parts are definitely less. Why do we all have these same density issues? Like they’re identical ...

Don't think that it is a coincidence and I really don't think that so many asmed patients are slow grower. Maybe we had the same tech team? 

5 minutes ago, munich said:

Don't think that it is a coincidence and I really don't think that so many asmed patients are slow grower. Maybe we had the same tech team? 

I had so much faith that I was going to the best place but the recent results are nothing like I expected. We went too late I think :( a lot has changed there over recent years. Just hoping that if I have to go back my second surgery will be given adequate attention by the best people. It’s draining having to go through this, I don’t want to have to go through it this way again.

• Sad 1

I arrived in Instanbul last night from Texas (took about 20 hours from the time I left my house to get to the Radison hotel).  I am going to ASMED this afternoon for my evaluation and my surgery is tomorrow.   Reading the end of this thread (and a couple other threads I have seen) has me very nervous.    I know with ASMED I'm getting technicians doing just about all the work besides the incision, but I'm worried that some groups of techs may not be as good as others, especially now that he is doing more surgeries per day.   Guess I should have tried to get the names of some of the good techs from past patients and requested them before coming.  

Muge is my coordinator.  

Dr Koray uses different tech teams for different hair types. So I think it would be difficult to ask for the name of the "good techs", but you should talk with him about your thoughts. The work of him and his techs is every time very clean and professional. Good luck with your procedure.. keep us informed. 

44 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

I arrived in Instanbul last night from Texas (took about 20 hours from the time I left my house to get to the Radison hotel).  I am going to ASMED this afternoon for my evaluation and my surgery is tomorrow.   Reading the end of this thread (and a couple other threads I have seen) has me very nervous.    I know with ASMED I'm getting technicians doing just about all the work besides the incision, but I'm worried that some groups of techs may not be as good as others, especially now that he is doing more surgeries per day.   Guess I should have tried to get the names of some of the good techs from past patients and requested them before coming.  

Muge is my coordinator.  

I would suggest you not to worry and go ahead with your surgery as planned. Even though outcome of my surgery and of few others is not so optimal (til now), there are still coming out remarkable results out of clinic. And remember one has to wait almost 18 months to conclude whether a result is successful or not, that cycle is not completed for the few who have their genunie concerns.  Many of us are just the half way. And Asmed is surely aware of them who have the concerns and must be extra careful regarding their new patients. 

In my thread i am just trying to be honest and putting out the facts and how i feel. Even thogh it sounds a bit negative/critical( which is not my intention) i am still hopeful. Btw i am still recommending my brother to get a transplant at Asmed who is considering a hairtransplant(not kingbilla 😝, another one)

Good luck for your surgery and do make a thread. Muge is very professional and a nice girl. I am sure she will make you feel safe. 

Edited by MHR84

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry it sounds very hard but in my opinion there isn't a huge difference to your pre op status. 4500 grafts should definitely looks like a full head of hair. :(  I hope that your hair get thicker and leave you in a better position.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, munich said:

Sorry it sounds very hard but in my opinion there isn't a huge difference to your pre op status. 4500 grafts should definitely looks like a full head of hair. :(  I hope that your hair get thicker and leave you in a better position.

I agree 4500 grafts should yield much better results and this is not a top result by any means. However I disagree regarding him not having a huge difference to his pre op status.   I would say his hair looks MUCH better now than pre-op.  You can tell when comparing the wet before/after pics.     

• Like 1

I don't think that this was the main goal. if yes then are 4500 grafts for the frontal third definitely to much. Especially the hairline should be  denser. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, munich said:

Thnaks for the feedback mate. Yeah,  with 4500 grafts the outcome should have been better even with hair diameter of 55. I think the survival rate of the transplanted grafts is 50% or even less than that. Dont know whats the reason as i have seen many tremendous results of same hair diameter as mine coming out of asmed. As of now i m most worried about my hair line which is gappy and have begin to look unnatural. 

19 hours ago, xadiohead said:

I agree 4500 grafts should yield much better results and this is not a top result by any means. However I disagree regarding him not having a huge difference to his pre op status.   I would say his hair looks MUCH better now than pre-op.  You can tell when comparing the wet before/after pics.     

Of course, there is a difference and i am not denying that But with 4500 grafts i expected the outcome to be much better especially from Asmed clinic. I went to Asmed with quite realistic expectations & not with some unrealistic dreams. But i must say the outcome is quite below the mark according to Asmed level as they are the top hairtransplant center in Turkey.

18 hours ago, therealmvp2016 said:

the goal was to match the hair density of your native hair.  IMO, your new density looks the same as your other non-transplanted hair.  anything higher, is not realistic.  

Hair density pre surgery was same all over my head. And my goal was to have better density in hairline and frontal area. I was most concerned about the hairline before surgery as it is the most sensitive and crucial part of ones surgery. With almost half of the grafts tranplanted in the hairline and temples i expected it to be more dense. But as of now it have quite big gaps with no hair inbetween and which is the main reason of my disappointment