FUE 4512 grafts at ASMED/ Dr Erdogan

MHR84

Temples look great but so does your entire hair on the temple pics. Normally these are the most challenging.

I think it is quite an improvement compared to baseline already. With some more growth and little diameter increase you might get a very good result. Remember: Twice the diameter equals 4 times the grafts 😉

Some comments:

- You hair has grown amazingly fast

- I have spotted quite some multis in the hairline in the post OP pics, but maybe with you diameter it is not that bad

- Hairline is relatively low IMO, but I think this is due to the first surgery?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

Temple points look very good, the frontal area does seem to be lacking density and a bit see through, but, you do have many more months for it to improve.

Thanks for updating!

Yeah, i am hoping for that too. Hope density gets better over all and i see new growth in the hairline area. As of now i can't see any new sprouts. Density in the temple points is excellent and there is big difference between density in the temples and in the hairline.

Thanks for the feedback. Will make a update in two weeks that will be month 7 post-sugery

• Thanks 1

I am in kind of the same boat. Early growth here too. I think a lot more than 1/2 of my implanted hairs grew from day 1. But the downside is I really don't see much happening new. Some hairs look thin and likely will thicken up on my head. But I kind of feel in my gut I am already seeing most of what the results will be and am on the same schedule as you. I did have some shedding of hairs after the first month. But not a large percent. I am guessing a few hundred hairs shed. Maybe those will come back.....maybe not. But looking at your implants and what I see now I agree that most of what was implanted has grown and will possibly get thicker. But you probably will only see a small increase in new hairs and density by what I see here and from researching many stories. You have a fairly aggressive hairline and that is a lot of area to cover with density. Mind you I don't think you have a bad result. It is really a very nice change and maybe things will really shape up in that magic 7 month time you see a lot. But I really think I see most of what you had implanted growing already. If you had a more widows peak hairline I would say get another 1000 done and you would be set. But 1000 across that wide flat hairline would not go far. Assuming you are seeing 80% of your final result I think I would either get the front center area filled in with 1000 and leave the temple areas thin. That would look very natural now and as you age and give a nice result if you wanted more improvement. Be super careful as you want to keep some reserves so if you loos more you don't end up with bald gaps in weird places on the sides. But for sure it looks decent now and big improvement. No real reason to be stressed and I think you can relax and just see what happens over the next few months. 

20 minutes ago, txtransplant said:

I am in kind of the same boat. Early growth here too. I think a lot more than 1/2 of my implanted hairs grew from day 1. But the downside is I really don't see much happening new. Some hairs look thin and likely will thicken up on my head. But I kind of feel in my gut I am already seeing most of what the results will be and am on the same schedule as you. I did have some shedding of hairs after the first month. But not a large percent. I am guessing a few hundred hairs shed. Maybe those will come back.....maybe not. But looking at your implants and what I see now I agree that most of what was implanted has grown and will possibly get thicker. But you probably will only see a small increase in new hairs and density by what I see here and from researching many stories. You have a fairly aggressive hairline and that is a lot of area to cover with density. Mind you I don't think you have a bad result. It is really a very nice change and maybe things will really shape up in that magic 7 month time you see a lot. But I really think I see most of what you had implanted growing already. If you had a more widows peak hairline I would say get another 1000 done and you would be set. But 1000 across that wide flat hairline would not go far. Assuming you are seeing 80% of your final result I think I would either get the front center area filled in with 1000 and leave the temple areas thin. That would look very natural now and as you age and give a nice result if you wanted more improvement. Be super careful as you want to keep some reserves so if you loos more you don't end up with bald gaps in weird places on the sides. But for sure it looks decent now and big improvement. No real reason to be stressed and I think you can relax and just see what happens over the next few months. 

Yeah, i suspect the same sometime that most of what was implanted has grown up, no more sprouts will appear in the hairline and grown grafts will possibly get little more thicker but this won't give a decent dense look to pull my hair back over.  For now i dont style my hair as the scalp in the hairline gets exposed in the day light. But i dont have any other option than to listen to Asmed and wait until 12 month to give a final judgement. i will be really disappointed if the things dont get better in upcoming months as i have spend a huge number of grafts (4500). Dont know that getting an another procedure will b a good option for me as i have used half of my donor reserves. And i would like to safe the rest for further thining. 

I see quite a few patients who are in the same boat as mine and struggling with the density in the hairline. It will be quite interesting to follow and see how things shape up for us. 

Yes. I mean it's just hair and life goes on.  I have the same reserve debate. I had 3500 grafts. I might at best have 3000 left if I really push it. Tempting to have a pretty full head of hair again instead of just keeping it in the bank. But I would much rather have natural looking hair than a real problem with big gaps and no reserves to fill in with. I read these posts here and some of these younger guys who have 3-4k grafts done dense in the front are really going to look idiotic and be in a world of hurt in 20 years if cloning doesn't become a reality. Always that balance of live for the day or slow and steady. I guess I should just be happy that I have enough hair now that will frame my face through old age and enough reserves to keep it presentable forever as long as I don't mind a bald spot in the back. For sure diminishing returns as we go deeper. As of now we aren't bald guys and have a nice look. But with a little effort still pretty presentable. That's not so bad.

1 hour ago, txtransplant said:

Yes. I mean it's just hair and life goes on.  I have the same reserve debate. I had 3500 grafts. I might at best have 3000 left if I really push it. Tempting to have a pretty full head of hair again instead of just keeping it in the bank. But I would much rather have natural looking hair than a real problem with big gaps and no reserves to fill in with. I read these posts here and some of these younger guys who have 3-4k grafts done dense in the front are really going to look idiotic and be in a world of hurt in 20 years if cloning doesn't become a reality. Always that balance of live for the day or slow and steady. I guess I should just be happy that I have enough hair now that will frame my face through old age and enough reserves to keep it presentable forever as long as I don't mind a bald spot in the back. For sure diminishing returns as we go deeper. As of now we aren't bald guys and have a nice look. But with a little effort still pretty presentable. That's not so bad.

Can you please share thread of your surgery? Did you get your transplant at Asmed?

26 minutes ago, MHR84 said:

Can you please share thread of your surgery? Did you get your transplant at Asmed?

I used Nader in Mexico. As you can see, results can look very different in different light and angles for me. Looking at my pics today I think I have about 1/2 of my transplanted hairs growing. I really hope more grow and the ones that stayed are thin. My Dr. said my hair diameter was a bit thicker than average and looking at the hair that is growing...looks pretty thin so hope they thicken. 

Just on the point of the temple area not shedding....

Do you remember in the op if the temple areas grafts were implanted first?  Mine haven't shed at all, I suspect that these grafts had the least amount of time outside of the body, thus they continued to grow while the later implanted grafts fell.... Only a theory though.. 

I had almost no shedding on the temple points. Seems pretty common to not shed as much there. My theory is there is more blood flow in that area. Makes sense since I have read repeatedly that the back of the head is slower to regrow grafted hairs than the front because of less blood flow. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2019 at 2:58 AM, markymarc123 said:

Just on the point of the temple area not shedding....

Do you remember in the op if the temple areas grafts were implanted first?  Mine haven't shed at all, I suspect that these grafts had the least amount of time outside of the body, thus they continued to grow while the later implanted grafts fell.... Only a theory though.. 

No, that i don’t remember. I have read on this forum on different threads that for most patients grafts do not shed at all implanted on the temple sides. I have my theories too but they are only theory so nobody can tell the actual fact.

in my case I didn’t shed at all on the temples and the density is quite good to in comparison to my my hairline. Do you notice any difference between temple point and any other area??

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my 7th month mark update.

After a long time i used some styling product to style my hair to see how things looks now compared to pre surgery time. The outcome was not so desirable to say the least. Hair looked very thin and the density overall was quite poor as the whole scalp gets very visible. infact i can't differentiate between density on the transplanted area (front and midscalp) and non-transplanted area (backsclap+crown). The hairine have many wide gaps and it seems majority of the transplanted hair in the hairline have matured fully.

To sum up: the things are not moving in the desirable direction. 

IMG_8480.png

IMG_8481.jpg

IMG_8482.png

IMG_8494.jpg

IMG_8495.jpg

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8510.png

IMG_8512.png

IMG_8513 2.png

• Sad 1

On 2/9/2019 at 6:04 PM, MHR84 said:

Here is my 7th month mark update.

After a long time i used some styling product to style my hair to see how things looks now compared to pre surgery time. The outcome was not so desirable to say the least. Hair looked very thin and the density overall was quite poor as the whole scalp gets very visible. infact i can't differentiate between density on the transplanted area (front and midscalp) and non-transplanted area (backsclap+crown). The hairine have many wide gaps and it seems majority of the transplanted hair in the hairline have matured fully.

To sum up: the things are not moving in the desirable direction. 

IMG_8480.png

IMG_8481.jpg

IMG_8482.png

IMG_8494.jpg

IMG_8495.jpg

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8510.png

IMG_8512.png

IMG_8513 2.png

Hello mate

i can even see from the photos (which on my screen do not have very high resolution) that there are very fine hair which will thicken. At the moment those hair won’t add any aesthetic benefit but the sure will when they mature . 

I am at 5 months now. The only hair that have completely matured are the ones which never shed (which were a minority) 

hang in there , your hair looks good 

1 hour ago, Kraistoff said:

Hello mate

i can even see from the photos (which on my screen do not have very high resolution) that there are very fine hair which will thicken. At the moment those hair won’t add any aesthetic benefit but the sure will when they mature . 

I am at 5 months now. The only hair that have completely matured are the ones which never shed (which were a minority) 

hang in there , your hair looks good 

Thanks for the feedback friend. Ja my only hope is that tranplanted hair get thickens enough to give a better coverage/density. As i am already approaching 8 months i have very little hope of new growth. But lets see

Thanks 4 sharing. I am  dissapointed so far (almost 8 months) with the outcome of my surgery but have not given up all hope yet. Its just the hairline and area behind i am worried most about. We will get to know in 4 months, i guess if i am going to have a decent result or not 😉

2 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Check this article out

https://newhair.com/baldingblog/the-baby-hairs-5-months-after-hair-transplant-with-photos/

shows him at 5 months and then again at 14

baby hair and poor density looks normal at 5 months for some people 

Thing is this might be the case for some individuals. I really doubt that it is same thing for every Asmed patient with poor growth/density in recent past . 

Really wishing that things get better. We just have to hang on to every little hope we get xD

• Like 1

On a side note.

When styling your hair I would recommend using a clay or paste.  The product you are using (water based gel?) is exacerbating the problem of thin hair. Almost like when you just jump out the shower.

You want a dry/slightly moist product that isn't water based such as gels.  i use men-u clay which is a dry clay product, it gives your hair volume and density and does not have that shiny, wet look. 

I honestly haven't touched Gel's for years as my hair looks much fuller with Clay's/pastes

I use Men-U clay.

Edited by markymarc123

17 hours ago, markymarc123 said:

On a side note.

When styling your hair I would recommend using a clay or paste.  The product you are using (water based gel?) is exacerbating the problem of thin hair. Almost like when you just jump out the shower.

You want a dry/slightly moist product that isn't water based such as gels.  i use men-u clay which is a dry clay product, it gives your hair volume and density and does not have that shiny, wet look. 

I honestly haven't touched Gel's for years as my hair looks much fuller with Clay's/pastes

I use Men-U clay.

Thanks for the tip mate. I used wax from Define in those pictures. Just wanted to compare my current state with pre-surgery  as i used same wax before. Agree with you that paste/clay add more volume to the hair, will try it in my next post. 

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, your photos are very honest with overhead lighting with wet/dry comparisons. 

Yes density could be a little better. I noticed you were still completely covered in scabs at day 16 which is the latest I've ever seen. From what I understand it is critical to be scab free through irrigation as early as possible. Day 12 at the very most. Perhaps you weren't thorough enough with cleaning at the initial stages? 

Anyway, at this stage 600 FU would fix things up for a dense result. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 12:53 PM, jonnyalex said:

When they say your donor area is estimated at 8000 grafts, does this mean 8000 usable grafts before it becomes thin, or 8000 total grafts in the donor area? 

It's 8000 grafts before it becomes starts looking thin. Reason why Erdogan and some other surgeons numbers for total donor capacity are generally higher is because I think they feel they can target closer to the 35%-40% mark of total of donor area before they feel it starts looking thin. The Belgian and North American surgeons are more conservative and will probably stay in the 25%-30% range for FUE imo.

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2019 at 11:58 AM, Baldrick101 said:

Firstly, your photos are very honest with overhead lighting with wet/dry comparisons. 

Yes density could be a little better. I noticed you were still completely covered in scabs at day 16 which is the latest I've ever seen. From what I understand it is critical to be scab free through irrigation as early as possible. Day 12 at the very most. Perhaps you weren't thorough enough with cleaning at the initial stages? 

Anyway, at this stage 600 FU would fix things up for a dense result. 

Thanks for the feedback mate. Ja, i try to make sure in every post that i am fair to clinic by clicking picz from every possible angle (and as asked by any member on this thread). 

Yes its true that my scabs fell off very late compared to a regular patient. I had to make use of a gaze in order to get rid of scabs by rubbing it on my transplanted area. I wonder some time that might be the reason of weak hair line and low density. I always have struggled with dandruff and dry skin maybe that was the reason scabs did not fall off by their own. Another reason could be that i was maybe  too gentle in washing my recepient area! 

Not sure if my another surgery would be a option for me as i have utilized a large nr of grafts in the first go with Asmed. Have to take the other area ( which is never treated) in account while considering a second go, as i can experience further hairloss there. Will make a judgement about it after passing 12 months mark

Check out my thread. Pretty much identical issues, low density, large gaps between grafts. Hoping that at month 12 or after I can have it fixed as right now, I can’t bare to have it on show :(