Jump to content
benji2014

1735 FUE Grafts (3,424 hairs) - 10 month results

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

I had an FUE procedure nearly 10 months ago (December 18th 2017) so I am just getting to the 10 month stage. I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on how you think it is progressing. I am a bit worried with the shape of the hairline at the minute, it seems way too wispy towards the temples in the corners but I am hopeful that this will thicken out over the next couple of months as I get towards that 1 year milestone. When I look at the hairline in the picture taken straight after surgery to what its looking like now, the shape looks different but it might just be me being overly worried about it. Take a look at my pics and let me know what you think

 

Pre-op taken by the surgeon :

k. 1489849150_PreOp.thumb.PNG.6cc551ff6c936485e7f2c08a0753a78d.PNG

 

Post op taken by the surgeon :

1605112500_PostOp.thumb.jpg.a5bbfdeadeab8390b3b46d669427f9af.jpg

 

Results at around 9 and a half months :

739995897_Results1.thumb.JPG.0ab93047f82a024c1585ea64a67a1fcc.JPG123185524_Results2.thumb.JPG.eaa17fc14b997f4e21e4d777c2aa0d7d.JPG548682856_Results3.thumb.JPG.b278c78aba9a16ea795bf6ca7d81e0d3.JPG614277785_Results5.thumb.jpg.a25127df8ed3afdf40e0945df27fa19d.jpg

 

Any questions at all please ask. If anyone would like to see other pictures let me know!

Thanks all

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, not going to say who just yet. I don’t want to cause any issues with my doctor just in case things don’t turn out how I want. I can say however that the procedure was performed by an extremely reputable clinic

What do you think to the results so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are two more pre-op pictures taken by the surgeon. I feel there is definitely a difference, it’s just the current lack of density at the temples that is frustrating at the moment 

8C5EBDBA-2FFF-4AAA-B4DD-806D45F2C86B.png

954F1289-4C12-4A92-96FC-1E04C955679C.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no expert, however I agree it could have been denser BUT there is still a huge improvement from the before pictures. I guess if it's bothering you that much then you will need another HT but at least you won't need much grafts to fix the density issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At just shy of 10 months I’m hoping there is still some more to come. It was always my temples that bothered me so I’m maybe overly critical. 

Can anyone offer any opinion on how the immediate post op pics of the hairline look compared to what I currently have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit confused.  In the pre-op picture it looks as if you have a strong forelock.  Yet in the post op pic it looks as though there was no hair in that area and your surgeon filled it in.

 

Can you clarify?  

Edited by garethbale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, here is a picture taken by the surgeon on the day of my consultation, which was around 6 weeks before the surgery. The lighting in the pre-op pictures is probably making the forelock look stronger

There were some grafts placed into the frontal forelock but the majority were used to fill in the temples and create a solid hairline 

42456001-8BAD-4D87-91C5-5981D73C1E35.jpeg.d2cbba8742abca3ef7cac2d5db44c210.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more pictures here of the areas that are frustrating me at the minute. I’d be interested to get some more feedback here - do people think it is still early and these areas will thicken out? The beginning of a strong hairline are there but the growth seems very stubborn at the minute ECBCB37E-C953-42BA-A4C9-6AA7800F4D6D.thumb.jpeg.73c39944ad56fdd830c10dde7bdd9bcd.jpegF224221F-573A-4068-97FC-F0FA3BFD0968.thumb.jpeg.3a5345534f493ba0fa0b1c3a8146e52f.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, benji2014 said:

A few more pictures here of the areas that are frustrating me at the minute. I’d be interested to get some more feedback here - do people think it is still early and these areas will thicken out? The beginning of a strong hairline are there but the growth seems very stubborn at the minute ECBCB37E-C953-42BA-A4C9-6AA7800F4D6D.thumb.jpeg.73c39944ad56fdd830c10dde7bdd9bcd.jpegF224221F-573A-4068-97FC-F0FA3BFD0968.thumb.jpeg.3a5345534f493ba0fa0b1c3a8146e52f.jpeg

At this point you’ll see some maturation of the hairs that have already sprouted but I wouldn’t hold my breathe for any new hairs to sprout. You’ll have to go in for a touch-up for any more density you require. Make sure you do your research and pick a top doc. If your current doc is even a good doc he might be able to finish it off. Without knowing who it is it’s hard to say whether you should go back or go somewhere else. Have you spoken to your doctor about your displeasure with the current situation?

It really doesn’t look bad with your hair styled. You definitely have the beginnings of a solid hairline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Cooley? Btw, it’s much better but density is so important and I would honestly be unhappy too. I am 3 weeks in and hope my density with my transplant is very good. I had 1550 grafts.

 

its frustrating to think you’ll have to shave your donor hair and front again.

what if you had wanted to grow it out longer permanently and now you start again... frustrating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steeeve said:

At this point you’ll see some maturation of the hairs that have already sprouted but I wouldn’t hold my breathe for any new hairs to sprout. You’ll have to go in for a touch-up for any more density you require. Make sure you do your research and pick a top doc. If your current doc is even a good doc he might be able to finish it off. Without knowing who it is it’s hard to say whether you should go back or go somewhere else. Have you spoken to your doctor about your displeasure with the current situation?

It really doesn’t look bad with your hair styled. You definitely have the beginnings of a solid hairline.

I only get to see my doctor again at the one year stage, which I am booked in for in a couple of months. At this point I liaise with his patient advisor, who is saying that he’s reserving judgment until he see’s me in person as he can’t tell much from pictures. He did say that the lack of density at the temples is by design to make it look natural, but I can’t imagine that it was designed to be as thin as it is, especially as the density at the left and right temples look completely different to each other. It seems so very sparse considering the majority of 1735 grafts went into these areas

This transplant wasn’t done by a back alley doctor, he has a reputation as a top surgeon so I am hopeful that if the situation doesn’t improve he will fix it without charging me the earth. Having already spent close to £9,000 I don’t really want to cough up more money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Curlinginthesquatrack said:

Dr Cooley? Btw, it’s much better but density is so important and I would honestly be unhappy too. I am 3 weeks in and hope my density with my transplant is very good. I had 1550 grafts.

 

its frustrating to think you’ll have to shave your donor hair and front again.

what if you had wanted to grow it out longer permanently and now you start again... frustrating 

Good luck with your growth and yes, if I have to go through the ball ache of shaving my head again then I will be pretty annoyed. It takes a good 4-5 months to grow back properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benji2014 said:

 ...He did say that the lack of density at the temples is by design to make it look natural...

This does not sound right to me. Not for a procedure focused on the temples and hairline with your starting situation. There was no reason not to design a dense hairline in the temple area. Furthermore, if low density in the temples was intentional then the surgeon should have set this expectation with you up front. During your consultation did he show you other results in his results gallery featuring a low-density temple design? I’m guessing the answer is no.

Obviously you’re still at 8 months, and your density may improve somewhat in the months ahead.  You may see additional growth and what has already grown will thicken and mature. And you may end up satisfied with the result. At the same time, what that the patient advisor is telling you does not make sense.

Edited by Spaceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 9:06 AM, Spaceman said:

This does not sound right to me. Not for a procedure focused on the temples and hairline with your starting situation. There was no reason not to design a dense hairline in the temple area. Furthermore, if low density in the temples was intentional then the surgeon should have set this expectation with you up front. During your consultation did he show you other results in his results gallery featuring a low-density temple design? I’m guessing the answer is no.

Obviously you’re still at 8 months, and your density may improve somewhat in the months ahead.  You may see additional growth and what has already grown will thicken and mature. And you may end up satisfied with the result. At the same time, what that the patient advisor is telling you does not make sense.

Hi, sorry I’ve taken a while to respond to you I have been away.

No, they didn’t show me any pictures where the density at the temples looks like mine. (I am now at just over 10 months). All of the pictures on their website show decent growth at the temples. They gave me the usual talk about how it’s not possible to recreate the density I once had etc and I understand all of that but at the minute I have noticeabley different density from one side to the other, which I can’t imagine is by design

What is worrying me even more at the minute is that the hairline on the left seems to be at a sharper angle and therefore higher than my right hand side. It’s very noticeable and it’s not like I am expecting new hair to sprout on my left side and even out the hairline. I’m pretty concerned right now that I am going to have to go through another procedure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

For anyone reading here are a few pictures of my current situation. Doesn’t seem to be getting any better to be honest

Any feedback at all? I must say now that the one year mark is only a month away I’m feeling pretty gutted by the result 

192AAFCB-74CE-4F0E-A7A5-FF72EB1F0533.jpeg

7B13BBC7-87E7-4333-861A-AAC17539F8DB.jpeg

5CADB7A6-1474-473D-92DE-85608BBFB751.jpeg

4458DAD3-4D55-4867-97A5-B0D94E0EBCFD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kaya said:

Definitely lacking density. Can you please post 10-15 day pictures?

Hi,

These pictures were all taken within a couple of weeks of surgery.

To me the shape of the hairline in these pictures is a lot different to what I’ve ended up with 

70CD740D-7DA0-45D1-98DC-9BC3EE7B61F9.jpeg

50BE11F6-8D29-40F0-BD67-7F9BACC4C424.png

5A93B2F2-6715-430E-BDEF-64EE7B8B9B2F.png

E5E65D42-518B-4A5A-98B2-146D7B8616FE.jpeg

8CDDF7AF-A4DF-405F-A568-F57FAB1A7EDA.jpeg

F4454AD4-EF28-4D2A-9134-935ED33BA2BB.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely looks lacking in density, although, for good coverage you probably should have done 2,500-2,800 grafts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

Definitely looks lacking in density, although, for good coverage you probably should have done 2,500-2,800 grafts.

The surgeon likes to describe himself as conservative so the hairline was designed higher than I would ideally like but he didn’t say anything about how sparse the density would be, I trusted his estimation for the number of grafts and that’s what we went with. I can’t imagine that he intended for it to look like it does, I’m thinking that maybe some of my grafts didn’t take and have died

Frustrating that they haven’t offered any feedback and won’t see me until the full year has passed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a few weeks away from my one year anniversary. At this stage it looks like £9,000 down the toilet to be honest. Would any of you guys be happy with this result considering my starting position? 

 

6693369B-63EA-40AA-B5A1-932E49D7008A.jpeg

7F3D373E-46B7-49F1-8942-829A52D8D07D.jpeg

942018CE-047A-4183-B66D-E5A24ABA2F33.jpeg

CC195C4B-B2D5-4B68-860C-019B44B765F9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad saying so but I too would be devastated spending 9k for this to be the result. I will say it’s important for us to share the names of surgeons, you’ve not said anything out of line or defamatory and have simply provided good, detailed pictures. If the Dr was to be unhappy about this, it’s only their own work they should be disappointed in. I’m sorry mate, hope you get something worked out in terms of a refund or something.

Im 4 months out of my surgery with asmed and the most recent results are making me worry for my own. Hoping I don’t have to shell out more money and go through this ordeal again in a years time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×