Asmed Dr Koray Erdogan 4264 Grafts July 2018

cali101

Here is the 18 week (4.5 month) update. I have not cut the top of my hair for about a month. I am thinking cut everything to a 2 grade one more time to even everything out then let it grow. The photos are using a flash. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am hopping for some significant improvement before Christmas. I will next update at 5 months.

hair 18 1.jpg

hair182.jpg

hair183.jpg

hair184.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

Yes Asmed recommends no electric shavers for first 6 months on the transplanted area  so I tell my barber to cut it with scissors on the transplanted area to the equivalent of a grade 2 buzz. I don’t know why it matters as long as you don’t cut yourself but if you are going to a barber they can just use scissors although it does take more work for them.

I have also read that letting it grow out makes the illusion better but I really liked how the hair looked immediately after surgery with the new hairline and was hoping I could eventually buzz the entire head to level 1 and create that same look. Has anyone been successful in creating same buzz cut look ?

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my 5 Months updated pictures. I included 2 sets with different lighting. I'm happy with overall progress...wish it would go faster. What does everyone think about progress at 5 Months? I really thought I would be a fast grower as my hair always grows incredibly fast. I still see new growth coming in the form of little bumps. Hoping between 5-6 months will be significant growth and thickening.

hair 5 months 1.png

hair 5 months 2.png

hair 5 months 3.png

hair 5 months 4.png

hair 5 months 5.png

hair 5 month 6.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my 5.5 month update photos including some different angles and lighting. Feel like I'm getting more coverage each week. Density is still low but happy as its getting better each week. Hoping for significant improvement over next 30 days. I have seen a lot of results get significantly better between 5.5 months and 6.6 months.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has relating to my results or my experience.

5.5 months 7.png

5.5 months 6.png

5.5 months 5.png

5.5 months 4.PNG

5.5 months 3.PNG

5.5 months 2.PNG

5.5 months 1.PNG

Thanks for sharing, I'm seeing the progress from your last updates. So far so good :-)) 

I'll share some pics next week, I'll be 10 weeks post then. Are you taking any supplements in addition to the Fin provided by ASMED? I would be interested to know what others are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. This is my 6 month update . I am overall happy so far but obviously would like more density (I hope this helps people with thin hair under 50 microns as I didn’t see any reviews of people with fine hair) but hopping for more to come. I am attaching photos as normal. I will also include a photo of my hair with product in it and then one with concealer and product.

i think the concealer helps hide the density issue as my scalp is so white. I really don’t want to use it but maybe for a month until the density gets better.

please let me know what you think of the progress and any questions 

5A93C985-9C8A-402B-ABBF-3D391F04E168.png

38783221-9BB2-4920-8E14-10AA2D18343C.png

3F611144-BC0E-48D6-BD9A-71350CA82E1A.png

1C9C1DAF-9297-45C8-885D-3F1C67A85D40.jpeg

Before my surgery I would use spray toppik medium brown color apply right after shower then towel dry. It really helped with my receding hairline.

I hadn’t used any since surgery as they don’t recommend until 6 month point so tried some this weekend and thought it really helped with the density issue. It was much easier to apply as now the front hairline has grown in so only put it behind the hairline where pre surgery I would apply to create a hairline. I went to a party last night and no one that didn’t know I had a surgery could tell and the people who knew thought it looked good.

I always used concealer before surgery when I went out or wore a hat so I think that’s one reason people aren’t noticing I had anything done. I will find a picture of me before surgery with concealer so you can see what I looked like before 

Edited by cali101

Here is me PRE SURGERY with concealer so you can see (2 photos). Please look at my preopp photos at Asmed and you can see how much concealer was helping this don’t think my new hairline is such a drastic change. 

4DDF5E0B-6D1C-4EB3-8ADF-196C0C348D96.png

6300CB88-BE91-4755-985B-37EF02366CA9.png

Hey Cali,

Waiting for big changes just like you are. Currently on Month 4 Week 1, not seen any new hairs come through since Month 3 😨😢

Which are the 6-7 month big change cases you have seen? Think I could do with a motivation/confidence boost.

I had my hair transplant on 1st Sep 2018. Follow my progress here: FUE 2800 DHI Grafts Dr Cinik

Hello all and thanks for uuur comments. The one I saw most recently was artofeden on this site. His hair was much thicker and stronger from 5 months to 7 months.

i got a hair cut yesterday and can now use some hair product think it’s looking better. I will try to post a photo tomorrow. It’s a completely different type of hair style then I had before the transplant so I’m sure people will notice/ wonder what I did with my hair

Here is my hair after haircut. I got a 2 on the side and she’s letting the top grow out (Insode lighting —first 2 pictures) This would be 6 months 1 week.

i also posting some photo I took today in car (last 2 pictures) to show when you take photo very close vs 3 feet away you can see my density issues. I know I’m very early in process hoping for thickening even if I don’t get any new hairs growing 

Does anyone recommend a good hair product to use for my type of hair. Last night I used a very light product and today I used a gel which seems too strong but I want the hair to hold in place

5ABA842B-D92F-42B6-BEF3-2C5304F77BB9.jpeg

09FEEFDE-724C-4409-BE18-DC99A403BF60.jpeg

1C6C3122-D4DC-4326-BB7E-2AD05DE18AFA.jpeg

7F5D93DF-346A-4924-A5C1-71BF68AAED4F.jpeg

Edited by cali101
  • Like 1