Asmed Dr Koray Erdogan 4264 Grafts July 2018

cali101

I am currently approaching 3 months after FUE with 4264 Grafts. I was not originally planning on  making a post but decided I should as I have Fine hair (47 Mircrons) and was concerned going in that my donor hair would't be acceptable and did not see many fine hair cases and this board was instrumental in me deciding on Dr. Koray.

I will not get into the details of travel and hospitality except to say everything you read about the level of service is absolutely correct. Everyone from the drivers to nurses are very kind and attentive.

I was flying from the US so wanted to make sure I had the money required with me. I was going to exchange USD to Euro but was told the exchange rate would be good and they accept USD. Anyone traveling from USA should bring USD and pay in USD. The exchange rate they used was simply googling the current exchange rate and rounding down. There was no commission charged. If I had converted at my bank in USA they would have charged close to 5%.

I was originally quoted 5000 grafts but after my consultation, Dr Koray recommended 4200 with 4000 in the front and 200 in the back. He originally thought I would get about 1.8 hairs per graft average.

In the end, I received 4262 grafts and they used 400 in the back instead of 200 as my average hair per graft ended up being 2.04. (I was only charged for 4200)

I will attach some pictured of various stages including more pictures as hair hopefully comes in.

If anyone has any specific questions related to travel from USA let me know and appreciate any comments on my progress.

As I stated above the quality of care is extremely high even more so than even USA standards. The only complaint I had would be the communication post opp was not great. I think one issue I had was my coordinator, Buqet (I thought Buqet was amazing)  left to return to school almost immediately after I had my procedure so I was dealing with someone else who was taking over for her. I was very concerned with the scabs and getting them off and there were several days where I didn't receive communications when I could have used advise so If someone from Asmed is reading this post I would recommend having someone who is solely responsible for post opp care and questions.

Pictures are at 1 week, 4 weeks, 8 weeks and currently one before hair cut (2 guard buzz)and 2 after. As you can see I am very pale and redness has been bad but starting to fade.

one week.png

10 days post opp.jpg

4 weeks.png

8 weeks.png

current 11 weeks no hair cut.jpg

11 weeks.jpg

current 11 weeks.jpg

Here are the 3 month updates some with natural lighting and some with a flash. Staring to have some red bumps in the recipient area. Hope it is the hair starting to come in as I'm ready for hair to start growing. I really didn't realize how long it takes to resume a normal appearance. 

3 month overhead.jpg

3 month 3.jpg

3 month.png

3 month 2.jpg

3 month 1.jpg

Not sure much has changed in a week maybe slight thickening. Here is the 13 weeks. Think I've made some progress on the temples. I do notice some tiny black dots and skin feels bumpy so hopefully more hairs coming soon

Also including some side and back photos so you can see my donor hair. It was shaved to a 2 guard--still feels thinner but less so than couple weeks ago

13 weeks 6.jpg

13 weeks 5.jpg

13 weeks 4.jpg

13 weeks 1.jpg

13 weeks 3.jpg

I feel your pain in the ugly duckling phase since im 1 month behind you, I can't see any growth in your pictures but I expect you passed the hard part and the next couple of weeks it should explode.

Are you taking any finasteride and/or minoxidil?

Edited by hairaway

Yes...I am hopeful next couple weeks I will start making more progress. I am on proscar(1.25mg) each day (have been on for 10 years)and I also started Avodart 2 times a week right after surgery (3 months ago) as Dr. Koray suggested this to start and possibly switch to avodart each day and eliminate the proscar since my body might be getting use to the dose. Hopefully will thicken the donor/ crown area too.

Thanks for sharing your experience, just back from Asmed yesterday after 5061 grafts. I live in the UK but did meet a few guys from the US. Please keep sharing your progress as I'm sure it will look amazing in the coming months. It looks like your over the worst off the duckling and great times to come!!!      

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 14 weeks (3.5 months) in some different lighting. I can't tell if there is any visible change but still see lots of little black dots so I know some new growth is imminent. Hair is starting to get longer. I am debating buzzing it again to level 2 but have read several people say to let it grow. 

14 week hair 4.jpg

14 week 3.jpg

14 week 2.jpg

14 week 1.jpg

I agree , its starting to thicken up. Perhaps if you had been on minoxidil , you might have experienced earlier growth but doesn't matter now as long as the end result is good. You definitely should grow it out, thats what I'm doing and I'm a month behind you and already my hair length is starting to cover up the balding areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the 16.5week update pictures. Already seeing a difference especially with the temples coming in to frame face more.  Think next couple weeks should make a big difference 

80750E78-64E1-4353-8FB7-AE6566C6C292.png

42EFD1EB-A9D0-436A-98B2-DF7351030C07.png

50BD2159-E8DF-48C4-9B3D-662EDAFBFE9B.png

45976ABA-4832-44C7-B699-39CCA3B97E14.png

Thanks  everyone. Does anyone know when the most growth is suppose to grow. I was thinking between 4-5 months but it could be 5-6 months

I have a lot of small bumps where you can see the hair about to bust through so I’m thinking 4-5 months will be my best growth 

I think month 4-7 are when things seems to really start happening when I see other people's posts. Considering the thin hairs, I would say you are doing good and even a little better than average for where you are time wise. Looks like they did good work and you will have a quality result that looks natural.