Am I receding!? And can I stop it if it is?

glydergod

I don't know if I'm receding, I've always been paranoid and I am searching for confirmation. Some say I am receding bad, some say its just a widows peak but idk. I am not comfortable styling hair up anymore. Last pic is scalp.

Edited by glydergod

Is ur hair coarse or thinning is the main issue .. u growing up so there will be some recession .. from the looks of things ur hair still looks plenty .. but if u noticing hair loss this young at age ..  u should read up on medications that will prevent further thinning n recession .. recession is a sign that ur hair is thinning .. n will have a shorter life span n then it will fall out easier .. once it gets to thin /diffusing then u got issues .. for now use meds to prevent that .. n start working out .. u got a lot of meat on u that u can be turned into muscle .. n start smiling more . Heheh 

14 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Is ur hair coarse or thinning is the main issue .. u growing up so there will be some recession .. from the looks of things ur hair still looks plenty .. but if u noticing hair loss this young at age ..  u should read up on medications that will prevent further thinning n recession .. recession is a sign that ur hair is thinning .. n will have a shorter life span n then it will fall out easier .. once it gets to thin /diffusing then u got issues .. for now use meds to prevent that .. n start working out .. u got a lot of meat on u that u can be turned into muscle .. n start smiling more . Heheh 

I'm only 20 and my hair is thick still but the mole on the right side of my head I swear it wasnt there before and now I can see it so im not sure if i never payed attention to my hairline or if it went back a lot. And I am working out, 60 pounds down baby ;)

keep working out . Girls like guys that makes them feel secure . They like someone that makes them feel safe from predators n able to take care of them money wise too  .. the girls won’t even notice ur hair .. unless u start balding bad n look older than Ur age.. right now u don’t look bald at all hair wise .. so stay in shape . .. but if u family history of balding isn’t good .. u should take action while ur hair caliber is still thick .. confidence in urself goes a long way .. 

• Administrators

When you compare your high school photos can you see a difference? That’s the easiest way to tell, I would keep an eye on it and if it gets worse get on medication asap. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

listen to Melvin .. he speaks truthfully .. don’t let that hair caliber get diffused /thinning ,, it can go downhill fast ..  I didn’t started receding until I was 37,, but the hair thinning was happening n hair caliber was getting thinner n I took no action ., n now It’s irreversible .. can only maintain now with meds .. n that’s not even sustainable .. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Hey Melvin .. if it’s okay I want to message u about my own hair loss n seek ur advice .. I trust ur knowledge .. 

Sure, go ahead and message me.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.