Dr. Arocha - 2930 FUT - One Year Results

This patient had thinning in his hairline, and he desired to restore the density. Dr. Arocha and team performed a 2930 FUT procedure on this patient. The after images were taken one year after his procedure. 

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

I’m not sure where you could put almost 3000 grafts with this guy. His hair wasn’t bad at all before and looks great now but 2930 grafts seems like a lot for his minimal amount of loss. I would love to see post op pics for this case. I guess the main thing is his hair looks good and that is everyone’s goal.

Long time lurker. I'd be interested to hear some additional details on graft placement in this case as well. I was just looking at patients with a similar graft count with placements covering the bulk of the frontal area, and here that same amount seems to have been packed into the hairline alone.

Was there a bit more thinning in the hairline than the pictures show? Or possibly it was lowered and I'm too inexperienced to be able to spot it?

As always, we appreciate everyone's comments and opinions. This case represents one that is fairly common for Dr. Arocha and our clinic to deal with, which specifically involves patients that require a more subtle improvement that is not so visible as what many of you are used to. When patients have a degree of thinning that forces them to use hairstyles they normally would not want to use, or they just feel and see that the density is not what it used to be, it can be quite a source of anxiety. 

If you look at this image previous posted more closely, you can see the thinning behind the frontal hairline:

original.jpeg

Dr. Arocha and his team placed approximately 2000 grafts into the frontal hairline, and several centimeters into his frontal zone, to add density. Here are the immediate post photos.

hair-transplant-texas-wet-hair-hairline-

The hairline from this angle also shows placement well into the frontal zone.

hair-transplant-texas-wet-hair-hairline-

The remaining 1000 grafts, give or take, were placed into the crown region for additional density as well. I hope this clarifies the issue and better explains the approach. 

Edited by ArochaHair

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

Thanks for posting the post op pictures. I think the clarification on the frontal portion having thinned less visibly is helpful because in the initial photos it is hard to tell without wondering if I'm imagining it. Is the patient taking Finasteride?

Hi Mycroft, 

Thanks for the question. It was recommended that the patient take Finasteride, but he chose not to do so. 

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.