Considering FUE......

Hi. 37 y/o male

I recently visited  Dr. Konior and was quoted +\- 1000 grafts for his non-shaven FUE procedure. Consisting of 600 dense packed to fill in the temple areas and 400 for my front area. Extra caution would be used here to reduce shock risk.  

I know that Dr. K is highly recommended here. However, I’d appreciate any thoughts on my plan/procedure here as I’m looking to schedule very soon since he is booked far in advance. Thanks very much.

(Pics below taken under LED bathroom light)

8BFAF497-1307-4BC4-BA71-F1DDA330971C.jpeg

884D1ACF-F8CE-4B26-8429-35F6E666DEB3.jpeg

DF63D2BF-9401-4EEE-935C-D78FA8222DF5.jpeg

ED437A18-CA42-4779-92A6-6F86916B6037.jpeg

Edited by Bam

• Administrators

Honestly, I don’t think you need surgery. Your hair looks great at almost 40. Save your money and wait until you have a bit more hair loss to get surgery. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

For me it is not worth spending 10G on without a compelling reason.  Maybe if you were a model or an actor it might be worth it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You certainly don’t need to have any procedure right now. You look great for 37. However, if you’re going to get a HT and can afford Konior’s no-shave FUE fees, the procedure you’re planning sounds reasonable and Konior is a fantastic choice for the detailed hairline work. 

Guys....very much appreciate the feedback here. His non-shaven FUE fees certainly aren’t cheap (+\- $10 per graft), but with only 1,000 grafts, it’s not an issue. 

My only hesitancy has been shock-loss risk in the front hairline. While no doctor can guarantee a result, Dr. Konior certainly helped to minimize that concern.

Additonally, I believe the wait time will be well over a year out after booking.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Regarding potential shock loss in the hairline, if you are not taking Finasteride, then consider starting it now. It will strengthen miniaturized hairs in your hairline and in doing so it can help prevent shock loss as a result of the HT. It will also help preserve your current situation. 

I appreciate the response. I don’t think anyone has told me that I necessarily need to have something done. 

I do however feel like the small procedure would correct my problem areas and be relatively low risk. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Bam said:

I appreciate the response. I don’t think anyone has told me that I necessarily need to have something done. 

I do however feel like the small procedure would correct my problem areas and be relatively low risk. 

How much have you researched hair transplants? relatively low risk is still a risk, hair restoration is not an exact science and even the best doctors have bad results. Currently, you have an age appropriate natural hairline, but you could end up with a sparse unnatural artificial hairline. Trust me, the latter is a lot worse, there is more risk than reward for your situation, the only person that would notice a difference is you and that is if everything goes great, but if something goes wrong, trust me everyone around you will notice for all the wrong reasons. Surgery should always be viewed as a last resort, something that is done when hair loss is obvious to you and those around you, because then the risk is worth the reward.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.