should I get an HT? pics inside

Depends what you want doing but maybe 3500-4000 fut or 2500-3000 fue (over 2days).
Two thirds of those concentrated in the front half, the rest towards the crown.

Depending on how it turns out you may end up needing another to address permanent shock loss that may be caused by the first HT.

Get on meds if you aren't already.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1 minute ago, 1978matt said:

Depends what you want doing but maybe 3500-4000 fut or 2500-3000 fue (over 2days).
Two thirds of those concentrated in the front half, the rest towards the crown.

Depending on how it turns out you may end up needing another to address permanent shock loss.

Get on meds if you aren't already.

This is 5 months ago, before I buzzed it. I have been on treatment(big three) ever since then. I have noticed my hair fill in over the past months, but I haven't grown my hair out again because it's easier to apply minoxidil with a buzzcut. If I post a current pic, it won't show the thinning pattern, it will just look like a buzzed cut (#3) with diffuse thinning on the top.

40 minutes ago, AssaultedByDHT said:

This is 5 months ago, before I buzzed it. I have been on treatment(big three) ever since then. I have noticed my hair fill in over the past months, but I haven't grown my hair out again because it's easier to apply minoxidil with a buzzcut. If I post a current pic, it won't show the thinning pattern, it will just look like a buzzed cut (#3) with diffuse thinning on the top.

That's good. You may want to let it grow a bit to do a comparison in a couple of months. Hopefully it could mean not needing as many grafts.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

I would wait another 6 months to see how you’re responding to the meds, you may require a lot less grafts then the initial pictures if you respond well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, 1978matt said:

That's good. You may want to let it grow a bit to do a comparison in a couple of months. Hopefully it could mean not needing as many grafts.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I would wait another 6 months to see how you’re responding to the meds, you may require a lot less grafts then the initial pictures if you respond well.

Thank you both. So far I have been a good responder.

Antoher question: I am thinning in a Norwood 5 pattern right? Just curious about my donor supply.

• Administrators

Yes norwood 5a pattern 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.