Is PRP worth the price after FUE?

I've heard PRP is very expensive but some doctors swear by it after a HT and that it maximizes and speeds up your final result. Some doctors don't bring it up. Is there actual any evidence that proves PRP actually does allow you to have a better result after a HT?

Edited by newpatient99

It will be interesting to hear responses.  I had PRP thrown in with my 2300 FUE 2.5 weeks ago, but how the heck will I know if it helped?  I am sure they did that to entice me to sign up for more PRP.  Is there any scientific proof that it works.  You can't really go by others opinions because how would they know for certain that PRP helped.

https://www.healthline.com/health/prp#preparation

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

PRP is used by a lot of athletes to promote healing by helping repair damaged tissues. The published literature I have seen that touches on scalp's hair show PRP to stop hair loss but nothing in regrowing hair.  

Since hair transplant is surgery, PRP will help in the healing process. That as much as you should expect from it. Everything else in cream on top.  (I included PRP with my HT primarily for healing.)

Edited by fortuneplant

You may see minimal improvement, but you would be wise to have low expectations. Dr. Bernstein has some before/after pictures along with solid information here: https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/platelet-rich-plasma-prp/. Keep in mind these are probably the best results he’s seen in his practice with PRP and several are also on finasteride and minoxidil.

Edited by Spaceman