IS it shock loos

Hi all 

before 2 months i had transplant surgery 

it was 3500 graft i did it for make my hair more density i wasn't blade I just want make my hair look better,, after 2 weeks from my surgery i loos alot of my native hair in donor and reception area I looks totally worst before the surgery,, I become bladder and my looks now horrible,, please tell me is it shock loss or what 

202414D5-1FE7-4600-BF72-759D544026FC.jpeg

42CEEEDD-2BB8-4B64-A25E-24FBCF8F7D8F.jpeg

• Administrators

Hi Ahmad, 

It certainly looks like shock loss; the donor area could be a but if over harvesting, but I’m certain it will grow to look fuller. Be patient, in the meantime I suggest using minoxidil to speed up the recovery. Also, I suggest using toppik to conceal the areas. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

From your photos you did not look like you needed a transplant.

You are a good example of the risk that is involved with getting a hair transplant at a young age that may not be necessary at the moment, with the risks involved of damaging nature hair.

But, I agree with Melvin, it definitely looks like shock loss which will recover with a lot of time and patience, although, any damage in donor area from over harvesting grafts may not get better, but don’t stress too much, it’s done now just be patient.

35 minutes ago, Ahmadhd1 said:

Thanks for your reply,, yeah I think i make i worst decision in my life,, but for donor area if it's not growing back can i do another hair transplants to fixed ?? 

You’re welcome.

i would wait until 12 more months to see better results before I would say it’s the worst decision of your life. :)

I have never heard or read of anyone doing a hair transplant on their donor area to repair, it does not make sense, it will just be moving grafts around and make the donor area much much worse. But, you can after 12-18months get scalp micro pigmentation (SMP) done in donor area to cover the empty spots, but wait to see the full results in 12-18 months from now.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Ahmadhd1 said:

Thanks for your reply,, yeah I think i make i worst decision in my life,, but for donor area if it's not growing back can i do another hair transplants to fixed ?? 

It’s not the end of the world, in most cases shock loss grows back, most patients look worse before they look better. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

i had exactly the same as you but not as much in recipient area.

that box that is on the side of ur head i had one and it grew back in about by 2 to 4 month post op if i recall.

my recipient area did not or not all the way and im at a year post op now.

like melvin says use TOPPIK it will help camouflage the thinnest and help hold you over til it hopefully regrows in a few months time or just wear a hat for time being

remember whats done is done their zero you can do about it now except for just give it time to resolve so don't worry its out of your control. let your body do its thang and heal and don't sweat it.

hope this helps

(p.s wheres that poster that says shock loss doesn't happen from the other thread)

Edited by BlessUp

@Ahmadhd1

I am not an expert, I can only speak from the cases I have seen on this forum.

1. Try not to worry about your donor area...I have seen many cases on this forum similar to yours.   Of these cases, the vast majority of the patients experienced a full regrowth of the hair.  I would expect the same for you.

2. Minoxidil has demonstrated ability in helping shock-loss and the recovery of natural hair.   I would speak to your surgeon about using this and if ok, get using it as soon as possible.

Edited by markymarc123