3200 Grafts By Dr Bisanga 19/09/18

MarshallUK

Hi gents,

Just touching base and giving an update. I am roughly 2 months in and all is going fine no ugly duckling stage as my hair hides it so nothing to stare at haha. I do have some irritation so I am shampooing regularly and started to add nizoral in slowly. Also since I have switched to oral minoxidil I feel my ht hair is stronger and acts just like my natural hair, I go out with no gels etc maybe a quick comb or water but sometimes nothing at all and it looks natural. Anyway the pics are last couple of weeks cannot see new growth from my touch up but how my initial ht is maturing. 

20200214_202843.jpg

20200214_202825.jpg

20200123_214842.jpg

20200123_191935.jpg

20200119_184507.jpg

looking great fantastic result mate. I'm about 3.5 months post op.  just curious, when did you start noticing that the new hairs began to straighten out and grow the same way the native hairs did in the recipient area? because mine are hard to comb, they are kinda doing their own thing lol 

On 2/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, therealmvp2016 said:

looking great fantastic result mate. I'm about 3.5 months post op.  just curious, when did you start noticing that the new hairs began to straighten out and grow the same way the native hairs did in the recipient area? because mine are hard to comb, they are kinda doing their own thing lol 

Hi pal  

My left side can still be hard to comb now and then but the rest is alot easier. At 3.5 months I wouldn't even worry about trying to tackle them yet I would just try to make them look the best they can. Its funny as you can get them to look as you want with gel etc but I found after 12 months if you wear a hat for a bit it calms them down ha and you can comb them without gels and they start to behave more like your own hair, hope this helps

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wow Dr. Bisanga is the real MVP haha, yourvhair looks great mate, looking forward to your progress 🙏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Wow looks good ! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2020 at 8:08 AM, LonelyGraft said:

Marshall was there poor growth in those areas? If so any explanation as to why?

Hi lonely,

I wouldn't say poor growth just 1 side was worse than the other I would of been happy but wanted more. They stated I had greasy pores and shown me some pics which looked like spots trapped under the skin causing irritation so recommend to stop the spray and move to oral minoxidil so hopefully that's helped on with the additional grafts

• 1 month later...

Hey, is this the expected mid scalp density with around 3200 grafts with Bisanga? The mid scalp looks a little thin to me.

On 1/6/2020 at 9:13 PM, MarshallUK said:

Gents as mentioned in my last full update the dr offered me a free touch up when we met in London. My wife and child came with me and we had a pre Christmas holiday for 4 days, Brussels is a nice city to wander round and chill out. I had surgery on the 1st proper day and received 650 total grafts split between both sides! The dr shown me a issue in the recipient area seems as though my scalp was irritated and greasy and prescribed me oral minoxidil and told me to stop the spray version ( he did mention this in London but I kept to the spray he gave me the disappointed look haha). Anyway great service as usual think I was finished for 2 pm and went to meet the wife.  I didn't need to shave the front so had no signs of the ht after my bandage came off. The pics below are not great to see anything but they are front post op, the donor pics are 1 day after during my 1st wash and you cannot even tell anything has been done if you didn't look closely and then I've added 2 how my hair looks now before these new grafts have grown! Enjoy 

20191227_155544.jpg

20191227_155525.jpg

20191218_102832.jpg

20191218_102829.jpg

20191217_160459.jpg

20191217_160505.jpg

20191217_160510.jpg

Edited by Huncholini

Hi,

If you read the full thread you will note I have only had my front done. Mid to back I am trying to restore via medication but will have another ht to address that area if required. Please see pics below to see the difference in my opinion hes done a miracle and I do not use any products or gels in the pics 1493169566_Screenshot_20200419-105412_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.43c5fa4b1c1d283389e5445de1c0cec5.jpg

20200418_150549.jpg

• Like 1

Hi gents meant to update sooner but with lockdown etc not had chance. Hopefully everyone is keeping safe and hairs are growing well. I am currently 5 and a half months in after my touch up and am very happy. I have noticed my front has thickened up nicely and still have months to go, I go out no products or gels and it looks natural and never had anyone question if I've had a ht. I am waiting for the oral minoxidil kicking in apparently around 6months as I have noticed my crown thinning since I stopped oral minoxidil. Anyway pics below different views one lockdown no haircut and then one where my wife's trimmed it and think shes done a good job anyway keep good and stay safe

20200525_093126.jpg

20200524_220259.jpg

20200520_135909.jpg

20200501_224607.jpg

20200424_162221.jpg

20200421_153732.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MarshallUK said:

Hi,

If you read the full thread you will note I have only had my front done. Mid to back I am trying to restore via medication but will have another ht to address that area if required. Please see pics below to see the difference in my opinion hes done a miracle and I do not use any products or gels in the pics 1493169566_Screenshot_20200419-105412_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.43c5fa4b1c1d283389e5445de1c0cec5.jpg

20200418_150549.jpg

Yes, I am referring to the areas that were transplanted. I do agree it looks good after the touch up, but in the end it's taken around 4000 grafts (around 2/3 of an average donor zone) for this result. It's a good result, but I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Huncholini said:

Yes, I am referring to the areas that were transplanted. I do agree it looks good after the touch up, but in the end it's taken around 4000 grafts (around 2/3 of an average donor zone) for this result. It's a good result, but I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary.

I think it's all about your goals and realistic expectations. In my opinion the difference between the before and after is massive. I appreciate some peoples results are fantastic and others are terrible so I guess it depends on if you have realistic expectations. I am more than pleased with the result and also note I am only 5 months in from the touch up so probably have at least 7 months more growth/maturity to the end result. I am always eager to see and Learn about other people's experiences and their results, have you got a thread? 

On 5/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, MarshallUK said:

I think it's all about your goals and realistic expectations. In my opinion the difference between the before and after is massive. I appreciate some peoples results are fantastic and others are terrible so I guess it depends on if you have realistic expectations. I am more than pleased with the result and also note I am only 5 months in from the touch up so probably have at least 7 months more growth/maturity to the end result. I am always eager to see and Learn about other people's experiences and their results, have you got a thread? 

No thread as of yet. I am considering Dr Bisanga for a surgery. Having realistic expectations is indeed sensible, but when you're paying top dollar for one of the best surgeons in the world your expectations have to be high. I'd look around and see what others have been able to achieve with 4000 grafts.

On 5/28/2020 at 6:24 PM, MarshallUK said:

Hi gents meant to update sooner but with lockdown etc not had chance. Hopefully everyone is keeping safe and hairs are growing well. I am currently 5 and a half months in after my touch up and am very happy. I have noticed my front has thickened up nicely and still have months to go, I go out no products or gels and it looks natural and never had anyone question if I've had a ht. I am waiting for the oral minoxidil kicking in apparently around 6months as I have noticed my crown thinning since I stopped oral minoxidil. Anyway pics below different views one lockdown no haircut and then one where my wife's trimmed it and think shes done a good job anyway keep good and stay safe

20200525_093126.jpg

20200524_220259.jpg

20200520_135909.jpg

20200501_224607.jpg

20200424_162221.jpg

20200421_153732.jpg

Very impressed with your result and the density you have achieved so far.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:28 AM, Huncholini said:

No thread as of yet. I am considering Dr Bisanga for a surgery. Having realistic expectations is indeed sensible, but when you're paying top dollar for one of the best surgeons in the world your expectations have to be high. I'd look around and see what others have been able to achieve with 4000 grafts.

Well good luck choosing a doctor who you are happy with. There are some doc docs out there including dr b who do great jobs but as you probably know its about the patient aswell. I seen many results around 3-4k some outstanding some average, I would probably say hasson and wong are probably the only ones I haven't seen a bad case from but there maybe some but the ht is not a guaranteed results game even if done by the best. It depends alot on your charaterics I have quite thin hair and am not on finestride, stopped taking topical minoxidil before my touch up and hoping the oral minoxidil I take will start helping my crown/mid scalp area after 6 months which is soon but in regards to mine I am really happy with the difference and that's what matters that you get the results you want. Take your time and if you believe someone is doing a great job time after time then good luck but just keep in mind you will not have your hair from when you were young, you will get the next best thing if you are successful! Good luck