3200 Grafts By Dr Bisanga 19/09/18

MarshallUK

• 4 weeks later...

@MarshallUK Your hair looks fantastic, especially considering your last update was at little over 4 months. Im looking forward to seeing your 5 months photos and seeing how things mature over the next several months. Great choice in Dr. Your hairline looks great! Congratulations!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Right gents 5 months was yesterday so here's my update.  Noticed good growth and think everything looks good for 5 months  I am looking forward to behind the hairline thickening up but know next couple of months should hopefully do that. Growing it out abit at the minute, I noticed today that combing it over is easier than it was so that's good.  Started fin 1 month ago no sides so far, so hopefully next few months it should all start getting denser but happy so far, any questions/comments fire away!

20190221_111527.jpg

20190221_111508.jpg

20190221_111346.jpg

20190221_111254.jpg

20190221_111052.jpg

20190221_111048.jpg

20190217_111048.jpg

20190217_110849.jpg

20190221_111238.jpg

On 9/22/2018 at 12:29 PM, Ftothe said:

Hello marshall,

i had 2003fue done one day before you at bhr clinic and have been at the clinic for checkup at 19th, the time where your grafts were being extracted ?

funny, what a small world. And i also stayed at catalonia hotel.

i dont want to steal your thread but just wanted to say hello :-). I am also healing very weell, wihtout skin problems or anything else.

But i had to ask dr bisanga a question about my hairline today. In my opinion it is not as Symmetrical as i would expect it to be. 

Wishing you the best

I am glad you had a good experience.  Symmetry, by the way, is not a good thing.  If it's too perfect on both sides it starts looking fake, like a wig.  asymmetric, typically, allows for the most naturalness.  

On 1/22/2019 at 11:32 AM, MarshallUK said:

Hi Ftothe hope all is well, yes the front of my hair known as the fringe the hair grows up and is different to my normal hair. I agree with you that hopefully once the hairs mature they will be more natural and blend in. I do not notice any colour difference on the skin maybe still a little pink but not really noticeable. Again not any bumps I've noticed but to I don't over analysis it just hope it grows haha. I am thinking about taking fin as my crown now looks weak.

Good point about the crown and the use of medical therapy. 

On 9/22/2018 at 11:04 AM, MarshallUK said:

Good Afternoon,

After Months of using this and other forum sites to educate myself on all things hair transplants I would like to give back and document my experiences. I am 33 and have been receding from the front with the classic M shape for years now. Once I decided to look into a transplant seriously I set up some consultations and started doing extensive research to hopefully make the right choice. I will section off below each part of my journey to hopefully help anyone else who was in my position.

Research and Consultations

I started my consultations at Vinci in Manchester as I have seen them online quite a lot. There sales rep was a nice man and gave me my first insight into the options and costs involved. I came out impressed but decided to do more research online and finally discounted them due to lack of results online.

I then had 2 consultations at Fargo's in Manchester. I met with Mick and DR Racheal Kay who were both very nice and professional and I was impressed with the clinics setup, I was offered 1600 grafts and met some of there patients who were there getting a check up. After doing more research I was keen on having more grafts than 1600 due to the case studies  I had seen on these forums. I was offered 1800 once I asked for more but got the feeling they wouldn't go much higher. I also was waiting a good few days (sometimes a week) for replies to my questions on email so that made me start looking elsewhere.

I had seen Dr Bisanga was in London for consultations so decided to book in as he seemed well thought off online, I took my wife for a day out to London and went to the consultation. The Dr and his assistant Hilde were very welcoming,helpful and knowledgeable. The Doctor told me he would recommend 3000-3500 grafts to get my desired results which seemed higher than I expected but made me research even more. 

I had also contacted Dr Demisroy whose work seems very good at a good price and I couldn't find any negative results even on the German forums. He Also quoted for 3000-3500 grafts which made me a lot more comfortable with that amounts of grafts I required. 

I narrowed it down between Dr Bisanga and Dr Demisroy and struggled with the decision as we all know its a tricky one ha. I found that Dr Bisanga had lots of cases on forums and was very impressed with his results and especially with grafts numbers similar to mine. Also I was impressed by his professionalism and his after care if results were not up to his expectations, so that along with everything else made me pick Dr Bisanga!!!! About time haha.

Travel and Operation

I booked the Op for Wednesday 19th and was told to be at the clinic for 7am and expect a long day. I flew Ryanair from Manchester £47 return to Brussels Charleroi and then used a coach service called Flimico it takes 45 minutes to Brussels midi and then a 30min walk or 5 min taxi to the Hotel Catalonia which is recommend by the clinic as its literally down the road (2minutes walk). The Day went well we agreed the hairline, took pictures gave blood and then shaved my donor area. I must say I was not looking forward to the injections but found them really straight forward and literally like a pin prick for a second they didn't bother me at all. The Op went well the Dr did the extraction and insertion holes and the tech removed and placed the grafts as discussed. We were complete for 7pm with a 10-15 minute dinner break which I had chicken and cheesecake not together ha, the bandana was put on and all after care was explained. I have honestly not had any pain or itchiness so far but my head has swelled quite a lot and I look like Quasimodo ha, I stayed in Belguim until last night so tuesday night untill Friday night in total. I attended the clinic on Thursday and Friday for check ups and they applied my aftercare for me which was very nice. While in Belguim I was more than happy to go out site seeing, shopping etc as with the bandana on no one could really tell and I was comfortable going for coffees and food etc with no one really staring. I was going to get a taxi on the way back but as I felt comfortable enough I got the metro and coach again with no problems saving 55 euro!! At the airport I felt a little self conscious as my face was swelling and I had no ice to help reduce it but I soon realised I didn't care what people thought and was ok after that. The customs in Belguim asked me to remove my bandana and I showed him my hairline and he quickly let me through. The clinic does give a letter to get a private room but security was quiet and it was alot quicker just removing my bandana a liitle bit and no issues. In the Uk they didn't even bother they just scanned my paasport and waved me through, I was keen to get out of there as I was delayed 1 hour in belguim and just wanted to get out of crowded places and chill.

Summary

So far so good! I am early days but happy with the process and clinic etc. I am following the clinics guidelines and just glad I did what I wanted to do and not worry about other peoples opinions! I am a great believer we only live once so if you want to do it get it done!! Dr Bisanga and his team especially HIlde are great and I highly recommend them! Obviously if I don't have a Mullet in 12 months that may change haha.

Below are some pics by me before and after including the pic which made me decide I wanted a HT. I will upload the clinic pics once I get them. Any questions feel free.

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

thumbnail[2] (2).jpg

thumbnail[3].jpg

IMG_2563.JPG

thumbnail[1] (2).jpg

thumbnail[1] (4).jpg

thumbnail[1] (5).jpg

thumbnail[1].jpg

thumbnail[2] (2).jpg

thumbnail[2] (3).jpg

thumbnail[2] (4).jpg

thumbnail[2].jpg

thumbnail[3].jpg

thumbnail[4] (2).jpg

thumbnail[4].jpg

With such a great review, hopefully, the doctor will allow a free procedure down the road or he gave you a break in the price. Nice job. What I gather from your excerpt is the fact that you did research, reviewed photos, and did the numbers.  Many doctors out there are so conservative and are still under the belief that, to achieve density, multiple procedures are required.  The only thing you did not mention was the use of meds to help you with retention of the native hair.  Did he prescribe anything for that? Lastly, hairline design.  He kept you a bit on the conservative side. Good.  Let it grow and see what you think.  Down the road, if appropriate, you can ask the doctor to bring it down about a cm, it will frame you better.

Coming on nicely! I love that age appropriate hairline design!

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for the comments chaps hopefully all coming on well only time will tell. 

Lasercap I appreciate your comments and your observations. I did do my research and just felt dr b was ethical and professional with good results so that made my decision for me.  I was already on regaine to help stop the hair loss and the doctor was not overly fussed about me taking fin but decided to do that myself to try and save my crown. I will get to the end if this process and look at the hairline then but happy with where it as the moment so don't think I'll lower it but never say never ha

@MarshallUK Already at 5 months, when comparing your current photos alongside your pre HT, you look like a different person. The way that your new hairline frames your face is brilliant!

On 2/21/2019 at 3:11 PM, LaserCap said:

I am glad you had a good experience.  Symmetry, by the way, is not a good thing.  If it's too perfect on both sides it starts looking fake, like a wig.  asymmetric, typically, allows for the most naturalness.  

Hello LaserCap,

Dr. Bisanga told me nearly exactly the same things that you said. Furthermore, it is no more issue for me.

@Marshall: You are looking much younger. Still I think the skin of the recipient area needs more time to fully recover, which is also referring to my recipient area. I am pretty sure it will improve the smoothness of the hairline.

Besides this, notice that I am younger than you and took an even more conservative hairline. I still have pretty distinctive temples.. But I actually always liked them.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:12 PM, Norrie said:

Looks great! You said you didn't tell anyone you were having a HT.

Did you take much time off work?

No I didn't tell anyone at work but my wife and some friends knew. I took 2 weeks off just to ensure it healed well but I had redness for a good few months so couldn't really hide it but its quite obvious now if you knew me before as I have hair there now ha

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2019 at 7:21 PM, Ftothe said:

Hello LaserCap,

Dr. Bisanga told me nearly exactly the same things that you said. Furthermore, it is no more issue for me.

@Marshall: You are looking much younger. Still I think the skin of the recipient area needs more time to fully recover, which is also referring to my recipient area. I am pretty sure it will improve the smoothness of the hairline.

Besides this, notice that I am younger than you and took an even more conservative hairline. I still have pretty distinctive temples.. But I actually always liked them.

Hi ftothe,

Yeah see what you mean but we are still not even half way so no need to worry at the minute. I honestly don't think mine is to conservative but maybe never thought of going lower as its always been at that length but interesting to think about. Also my temples have always been poor so might look at them if I did another, have you got a thread to see your progress? Also can you comb yours easy or is it difficult?

Hello Marshall,

by temples I am talking about the other 2/3 frontal area (left and right of the famous 1/3 area 😛) and not about the triangle on ear-heights. I dont know if it was a misunderstanding maybe.

Yeah, I think I can comb them easily. Are you having problems? Sometimes I wear a cap for some minutes/hours and it helps to put them down/forward. When they are totally dry and I only try it with a comb, it is more difficult. Generally this is probably a matter of the hairstructure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 7:04 PM, MarshallUK said:

Good Afternoon,

After Months of using this and other forum sites to educate myself on all things hair transplants I would like to give back and document my experiences. I am 33 and have been receding from the front with the classic M shape for years now. Once I decided to look into a transplant seriously I set up some consultations and started doing extensive research to hopefully make the right choice. I will section off below each part of my journey to hopefully help anyone else who was in my position.

Research and Consultations

I started my consultations at Vinci in Manchester as I have seen them online quite a lot. There sales rep was a nice man and gave me my first insight into the options and costs involved. I came out impressed but decided to do more research online and finally discounted them due to lack of results online.

I then had 2 consultations at Fargo's in Manchester. I met with Mick and DR Racheal Kay who were both very nice and professional and I was impressed with the clinics setup, I was offered 1600 grafts and met some of there patients who were there getting a check up. After doing more research I was keen on having more grafts than 1600 due to the case studies  I had seen on these forums. I was offered 1800 once I asked for more but got the feeling they wouldn't go much higher. I also was waiting a good few days (sometimes a week) for replies to my questions on email so that made me start looking elsewhere.

I had seen Dr Bisanga was in London for consultations so decided to book in as he seemed well thought off online, I took my wife for a day out to London and went to the consultation. The Dr and his assistant Hilde were very welcoming,helpful and knowledgeable. The Doctor told me he would recommend 3000-3500 grafts to get my desired results which seemed higher than I expected but made me research even more. 

I had also contacted Dr Demisroy whose work seems very good at a good price and I couldn't find any negative results even on the German forums. He Also quoted for 3000-3500 grafts which made me a lot more comfortable with that amounts of grafts I required. 

I narrowed it down between Dr Bisanga and Dr Demisroy and struggled with the decision as we all know its a tricky one ha. I found that Dr Bisanga had lots of cases on forums and was very impressed with his results and especially with grafts numbers similar to mine. Also I was impressed by his professionalism and his after care if results were not up to his expectations, so that along with everything else made me pick Dr Bisanga!!!! About time haha.

Travel and Operation

I booked the Op for Wednesday 19th and was told to be at the clinic for 7am and expect a long day. I flew Ryanair from Manchester £47 return to Brussels Charleroi and then used a coach service called Flimico it takes 45 minutes to Brussels midi and then a 30min walk or 5 min taxi to the Hotel Catalonia which is recommend by the clinic as its literally down the road (2minutes walk). The Day went well we agreed the hairline, took pictures gave blood and then shaved my donor area. I must say I was not looking forward to the injections but found them really straight forward and literally like a pin prick for a second they didn't bother me at all. The Op went well the Dr did the extraction and insertion holes and the tech removed and placed the grafts as discussed. We were complete for 7pm with a 10-15 minute dinner break which I had chicken and cheesecake not together ha, the bandana was put on and all after care was explained. I have honestly not had any pain or itchiness so far but my head has swelled quite a lot and I look like Quasimodo ha, I stayed in Belguim until last night so tuesday night untill Friday night in total. I attended the clinic on Thursday and Friday for check ups and they applied my aftercare for me which was very nice. While in Belguim I was more than happy to go out site seeing, shopping etc as with the bandana on no one could really tell and I was comfortable going for coffees and food etc with no one really staring. I was going to get a taxi on the way back but as I felt comfortable enough I got the metro and coach again with no problems saving 55 euro!! At the airport I felt a little self conscious as my face was swelling and I had no ice to help reduce it but I soon realised I didn't care what people thought and was ok after that. The customs in Belguim asked me to remove my bandana and I showed him my hairline and he quickly let me through. The clinic does give a letter to get a private room but security was quiet and it was alot quicker just removing my bandana a liitle bit and no issues. In the Uk they didn't even bother they just scanned my paasport and waved me through, I was keen to get out of there as I was delayed 1 hour in belguim and just wanted to get out of crowded places and chill.

Summary

So far so good! I am early days but happy with the process and clinic etc. I am following the clinics guidelines and just glad I did what I wanted to do and not worry about other peoples opinions! I am a great believer we only live once so if you want to do it get it done!! Dr Bisanga and his team especially HIlde are great and I highly recommend them! Obviously if I don't have a Mullet in 12 months that may change haha.

Below are some pics by me before and after including the pic which made me decide I wanted a HT. I will upload the clinic pics once I get them. Any questions feel free.

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

thumbnail[2] (2).jpg

thumbnail[3].jpg

IMG_2563.JPG

thumbnail[1] (2).jpg

thumbnail[1] (4).jpg

thumbnail[1] (5).jpg

thumbnail[1].jpg

thumbnail[2] (2).jpg

thumbnail[2] (3).jpg

thumbnail[2] (4).jpg

thumbnail[2].jpg

thumbnail[3].jpg

thumbnail[4] (2).jpg

thumbnail[4].jpg

Hi mate.

Did you get your procedure done in one day then? (all 3000).

(I just got 3072 done yesterday; in one day).

I was a bit apprenhensive as the more grafts in one day, the more time out of the scalp; the worse survival time.

However I decided to go for it this time (I had one previous procedure of 3200.

How is it looking now?

Hi pal,

Good to hear about your recent ht. I was sure it was meant to be over 2 days but was told one day was sufficient so did it in one. I am not to worried about any of the finer details such as time out of scalp as I trust dr b and if hes happy so am I. I will update my 6 week update this week, how did your 1st one turn out? Did you always plan on 2 procedures?

Over 6 months now still growing well,  again still waiting on the density in places but hopeful that will come. Started styling abit now but still trying to get used to my hair growing naturally upwards rather than forward but looks well so slowly getting used to it.

20190328_170858.jpg

20190310_111359.jpg

20190313_170121.jpg

20190320_102738.jpg

20190325_200148.jpg

20190322_144137.jpg