Dr Raghu Reddy - 2150 Fue Grafts...

john1972

Hi all, After having a hair transplant I then found this website and enjoined reading on here, so I am now 12 months after my FUE transplant and thought I would give back and hope it might help in someone in a small way (sorry in advance not very good with words).

I am a 46 year old norwood 6, started to lose my hair at around 20 or maybe before and by 30 it was pretty much gone to a norwood 5 to 6 level and had been around the same baldness level for the last 12 years or so. After a searching online I found many good reviews and case studies of Dr Raghu Reddy work and went in for a consultation and decided to have a hair transplant.

I had 2150 grafts over two days, 9 hour days each day with a 20 min break each day (12 months ago) and have to say the team and Dr Reddy are all incredible; Dr Reddy did most of the work, extractions and Incisions and some of the placement and then his team (the team that worked on me, I know have been with Dr Reddy for over 10 years, after using the wayback machine I could see what Dr Reddy website looked like 10 years go and the photos from 10 years ago had the same people that help with the surgery which was a big plus for me having super experienced tecs) also helped all under seen by Dr Reddy.

Nothing was rushed and Dr Reddy and his team took there time to get things as perfect as possible, this is something I now am really grateful for as it could of been rushed into one day so for me it showed Dr Reddy is not all about the money. 

I had no pain at all during the surgery or after (apart from slight pain for a few seconds here and there when being given the numbing injections) and no swelling.

What where my goals before my surgery and before my consultation???

Well being a norwood 6 for many years with fine hair and having never taken or looked into any medication before my goals were to get a illusion of hair to the front and some of the midscalp (I thought I would need 2 to 3 surgeries to meet these goals and was ready for that) I will never touch the crown even if it dipped down overtime; my brother is older and is a strong norwood 2 (take after my mums side) my dad is a norwood 5 to 6.

From me being at such a high level of hair loss for so long I am used to it and it and to have some hair to the front and mid scalp is what I wanted and then I can top this up over time where need with other surgery’s.

My results for me and the goals I have and had have been so much more than I could have every had wished for and after one surgery, I have results my goals that I thought would take 2 or 3 surgery’s (I will still never touch my crown with grafts as I would use all my grafts left for the future if top ups are needed to the front and mid scalp).

For me it’s a life changing result as I have now changed my diet and go to the gym and lost 22 kilo of fat all pushed by feeling so much better about myself.

Regards to all…

Images 1, 2, 3 = Before surgery.

Image 4 = while surgery was being done.

Image 5 = Day 1 after surgery.

Image 6 = Day 3 after surgery.

Image 7, 8 = 16 Days after surgery.

Image 9, 10, 11, 12 = month 12.

1.JPG

2.jpeg

3.png

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

24 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

only 2100 grafts? are you sure? I've NEVER seen a result like this for that few of grafts

Hi hairlossPA,

Yes 100% sure that’s what I had, there are quite a few before and after results on Dr Reddy website of similar and better results  than mine with the same sort of graft count.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, mlc2010 said:

it looks amazing, however, are you sweeping over the hair from the lateral humps to give it illusion of more density?

Hi,

I’ve never had a lot of hair up top and in my early 20s, I would style my hair much the same as now in the photos above; as I felt it shows it of at it’s best (other styles I looked more bald) I have always prefered it parted to the side as I believe it gives a better illusion of more hair.

If your thinking of going to Dr Reddy, all I can say is I am very happy with how things went for me and how easy it was.

Regards...

Edited by john1972

Congratulations to you and your doctor with your results, especially with only 2,100 grafts.  I was a Norwood 6 as well.  Your results are exceptional with so few grafts extracted and placed.  Again congrats.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

John,

That’s got to be one of the most incredible results I’ve ever seen for only 2100 grafts given your level of baldness. You must have  incredible hair characteristics to give off that illusion density  such a small number over a large area of thinning hair.   Dr. Reddy certainly did an excellent job for sure.   I’m sure you are ecstatic with the result.  I know I would be ?

best wishes,

Bill

Bill makes a good point regarding hair characteristics.  Did your doctor mention anything like....you having great hair caliper?  Were you given a count of single, double, triple hair grafts placed?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Bill,

Yes I am over to moon with my results and how everything went, it was a bit of a roller coaster in the first few weeks as didn’t know what to expect and keep looking in the mirror like a mad man.

I had my surgery on the 28th and 29th of August last year some photos I just found on my phone below, Photo 1 was taken 5 minutes after my surgery was finished.

From about week 8 (photo 2) I was happy, I could see hair for the first time in years :-).

I was over the moon by week 12 (photo 3).

In my first post above the last four photos show my hair after a visit to the hairdressers I wanted to show Dr Reddy work at its best as I am so happy with it.

I could of course separate the hairs, brush it forward and move it around and take photos of it not looking as good, but I wont do that as its not how I wear my hair and I know it will never look as good as it did when I was 18.

019F0AED-3D81-4449-8B0F-47162B67661C.thumb.jpeg.9c79cf9d40b3180d2bf1714dd7dd301e.jpeg

DCE7F3AE-C2E8-41EA-97D5-B9E277ABAE47.thumb.jpeg.60061f48c9bad3ace89f4ad96d375f59.jpeg

038B9860-89E0-4B05-87DF-89571EAABAA4.thumb.jpeg.79ccfa710952257eac15354e8b861527.jpeg

Edited by john1972
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

Bill makes a good point regarding hair characteristics.  Did your doctor mention anything like....you having great hair caliper?  Were you given a count of single, double, triple hair grafts placed?

Hi John,

Thank you for you kind words and posts...

I didn’t do any research before my surgery really, Dr Reddy was recommended to me and I didn’t ask many questions to be honest before or during the surgery.

There was no mention of hair characteristics or hair calliper, in terms of my hair in my consultation Dr Reddy said I had average to good donor hair but on the first day of the surgery after the grafts were extracted Dr Reddy said the grafts were excellent to my joy :-).

In terms of graft count at the time I had no clue there were different grafts and didn’t ask just left them to it, I only asked a member of Dr Reddy team straight after the extraction process on both days how how many grafts did they extract which added to 2150 in total over the two days, I paid for 6000 hairs in total.

They work in hair numbers but I see on this forum everyone works in grafts. 

P.s great first name by the way :-).

Sounds like you had a lot of doubles (two hairs per graft) and some triples.  Most doctors charge per graft.  Can you tell us how much Dr. Reddy charged you per hair?

20 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

Can you tell us how much Dr. Reddy charged you per hair?

Hi John,

I had my procedure done at The Private Clinic in London, there up to date costs is on there website.

Edited by john1972

3 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Were you one of the rare people that didn’t shed all of their grafts?

Yes quite a few of the grafts never shed, really helped me somewhat disguise the fact I had surgery.

3 hours ago, jj51702 said:

also what shampoo did u use during the first few months?

I used Johnson’s baby shampoo straight after the surgery as advised in my aftercare (I think for two weeks, can’t remember exactly how long of hand).

Dr Reddy advised me then to use a natural shampoo and I choose Klorane shampoos , found them to be free of all the bad stuff and really liked them and still use them now.

Edited by john1972
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hanginginthewire said:

Would you have considered FUT?

I didn’t do any research really before my HT and found this forum after my surgery, but after reading on here I would have still have gone down the FUE route for sure.

As there are no 100 percent guarantees with any surgery even with an elite surgeon (due to a persons make up) I would have choose FUE due to the visible scaring normally being less; then if the HT didn’t work out I still had the option to shave down to a lower grade with FUE than FUT; my hairdresser after shaving my donor area down to a grade 2 during a haircut said he cannot see any scaring at all and he had a good look as it interested him.

Due to things that are out of a surgeons control, I now believe I might have done test run first though; i.e had 100 or 200 grafts done as a test to see If my hair grafts were suited to FUE, I then would see what the yield would be for those grafts and then also see how I healed up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, john1972 said:

I didn’t do any research really before my HT and found this forum after my surgery, but after reading on here I would have still have gone down the FUE route for sure.

As there are no 100 percent guarantees with any surgery even with an elite surgeon (due to a persons make up) I would have choose FUE due to the visible scaring normally being less; then if the HT didn’t work out I still had the option to shave down to a lower grade with FUE than FUT; my hairdresser after shaving my donor area down to a grade 2 during a haircut said he cannot see any scaring at all and he had a good look as it interested him.

Due to things that are out of a surgeons control, I now believe I might have done test run first though; i.e had 100 or 200 grafts done as a test to see If my hair grafts were suited to FUE, I then would see what the yield would be for those grafts and then also see how I healed up.

How do you not do any research before having a surgery like this???  Lol I wish I could be like that.  

On 10/8/2018 at 11:36 AM, john1972 said:

Yes quite a few of the grafts never shed, really helped me somewhat disguise the fact I had surgery.

I used Johnson’s baby shampoo straight after the surgery as advised in my aftercare (I think for two weeks, can’t remember exactly how long of hand).

Dr Reddy advised me then to use a natural shampoo and I choose Klorane shampoos , found them to be free of all the bad stuff and really liked them and still use them now.

Thanks. I saw these shampoos when I was out shopping, which one specifically do u use? Ur hair looks quite healthy 

3 hours ago, john1972 said:

That's probably the most logical step for everyone. But not easy to do though since you have to delay full HT for another year.

Congrats John. Incredible results. I love that you took time to think through what your HT would cover, what you can live with.

• Administrators

Dr. Reddy, has really impressed me, he seems to be producing top notch results and the work looks extremely clean.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:26 AM, hanginginthewire said:

How do you not do any research before having a surgery like this???  Lol I wish I could be like that.  

I believe it’s because Dr Reddy was recommended to me and after meeting him I felt completely at ease he is a gent; also knowing Dr Reddy had the same team for nearly ten years and knowing they would be helping with my surgery was also very reassuring.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:21 AM, fortuneplant said:

That's probably the most logical step for everyone. But not easy to do though since you have to delay full HT for another year.

Congrats John. Incredible results. I love that you took time to think through what your HT would cover, what you can live with.

Thank you...

Your right it might be logical but not practical for everyone, for me if I thought it might help the end goal it wouldn’t bother me doing a 100 or 200 grafts as a test run and waiting a year; being a high Norwood for a long time I was used to having no hair.

After reading on here I’ve learnt how precious grafts are and how important it is to get it right first time round.

3 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

John

do u use any treatments like finasteride and minoxidil?

that peony shampoo looks very interesting. Do u think it’s suitable to use daily?

Hi, Yes use both finasteride and minoxidil...

I go between the two shampoos and use once a day or once every two days and works well for me...

• Like 1