2600 grafts. 6 month results expectation vs reality

ILikeMyHair

The first 3 pics are hair before transplant. The next 2 are day of transplant. The next 5 are 12 days post transplant before the transplanted hair had shed. The last 5 pics are 6 month results. What do you guys think? 

20180215_012253.jpg

20180215_012329.jpg

20180215_012332.jpg

20180314_165446.jpg

20180314_165837.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Edited by ILikeMyHair

while it is only 6 months and there still is time for growth, it doesn't look encouraging ... did you have any prior work done in that frontal zone? who was the doctor? what was the extraction method? FUE or FUT? and how many grafts were utilized?

Dr. Suneet Soni India 2600 grafts all in the frontal zone. Recommended on this site. That's why I went to him. He only does FUT and is apparently a master at this technique and uses latest technology as mentioned on this site. What's pissing me off is at least the grafts planted that took hold by day 12 should grow the f*** back. Where did they go? Can they just die? They look healthy at day 12. WTF is going on? 

I also had 3 previous surgeries on the hairline with Dr. Wong from Vancouver. The first one was 1550 grafts. The results were not good. So they did a 2nd touchup for 450 grafts. That also wasn't great. So they did a 3rd touchup for 230 grafts. And the first 3 pics are what the results looked like from Dr. Wong. The sad thing is my hairloss wasn't even that advanced. At most NW3 and only at the hairline.

I have spent total of 4900 grafts just to fix a NW3 and these are the results I have now. I probably only have 2500 grafts left now to fix this shit. And I will be totally screwed when my hairloss advances if i use everything on the hairline. I'm only 29 so I'm bound to lose hair because my dad is at NW5-6 and he started losing mostly at age 35. In other words I'm completely fu**ed. Wasted fu**ing 7 years of my life trying to fix this shitty hairline instead of enjoying my youth. 

I would've thought I'm the only unlucky bastard if I didn't keep in touch with another person who also had surgery the same day as me and his results are similar to mine. 

Edited by ILikeMyHair

Surprised at the hairline after Dr. Wong.  They are some of the best in the business.  If they could fix it,  it could be your physiology.  I think I might have a similar issue. I have had a stupid amount of grafts with poor growth.  Starting to think it's my body.  My most recent was 3 months ago, and lots of grafts never fell out or grew.. just stubble still in my head.  Scared these are all dead grafts for some reason. 

Looking at your previous thread, your hairline looked OK after your procedure and touch ups with Dr Wong.  We’ve seen better from Dr. Wong, but it was not a failure. I agree with JeanLDD-  it would be interesting to hear Dr Wong’s opinion on the poor growth.

You’ve lost a lot more of your native hair in your front third over the last few years and what looks to be serious shock loss in the recipient after your latest procedure. Have you been on Finasteride at all since the procedures with Dr Wong?

One last question: it looks like Dr Soni lowered your hairline significantly (1+ cm). Since you’ve had poor growth and density issues in the past, why create a lot more area to cover?

In any case, I truly hope things turn around for you. You’ve had a really rough go of it.

Edited by Spaceman

Not 100% sure from the photos but it almost looks like the hairline from your Dr. Wong procedures was shocked out by this current procedure, and if it hasn't returned at 6 months that's very worrying. You definitely look significantly worse off.

• Administrators

Please private message me your name and date of surgery, we have to reach out to Dr. Soni about this, it certainly looks significantly worse, but it could be shock loss. Are you on finasteride and minoxidil?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

He’s kinda done for .. only has around 2500  grafts left .. he’s stuck now .. no money or refund or do over can recover the grafts he lost .. n he’s going to need everyone of them hairs .. poor kid .. prime of his life n he has to deal with this .. 

• Like 1

OK I think the pics above might have given a much worse impression of the hairline than it is. Yes it is not dense at all, but I didn't lose the previous hairline of Dr.Wong. Those hair are still there as far as I can tell. Dr. Suneet lowered the hairline so much that it looks like I've lost hair where I had before. But I don't think that's the case. The shock loss hair have come back. There is definitely more hair than before and people have said it looks better than before. I just have to wear my hair long and cover the front from the hair at the back and it looks normal. Anyways I'm still extremely unhappy with this result. I'm posting some more pics from today. 6 months 1 week today. Also I think there may be a little more growth in the coming months, but not much. Even with Dr. Wong the hair grew very slow and looked pretty bad at 6 months. And I am not taking finestride because I had sides from it and because my hairloss wasn't from male pattern baldness, it was traction alopecia from wearing a turban and tying my hair tightly. I took 5% rogaine liquid as recommended by Dr. Suneet for the first 4 months, but I started getting baggy eyes and dark circles from it so I stopped doing that. I'm going to start taking 2% rogaine foam. Apparently that has less sides. Anyways these are pics from today and tried to make it look like the first 3 pics for good comparison. 

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

Edited by ILikeMyHair

Here are my pics with Dr. Wong. My first hair transplant. 1550 grafts.

First 3 pics are before any transplant. That's all the area I had to cover. 

Next 3 pics are hair transplant from Dr. Wong Day 1.

Next 5 pics are 6 month results from Dr. Wong HT.

Last 3 are the 1 year results from Dr. Wong. There wasn't good growth in the right side (the side where most of the grafts were placed). So they did 2 touch ups of total 670 grafts

before HT pic3.jpg

before HT pic 1.jpg

before HT pic2.jpg

HT pic 2.jpg

HT pic 3.jpg

HT pic1.jpg

6 month pic 4.jpg

6 month pic 5.jpg

6 month pic 7.jpg

6month pic1.jpg

6month pic2.jpg

1 year pic 1.png

1 year pic 2.JPG

1 year pic 3.JPG

• Administrators

6 months is to early to judge a result. At this point there’s nothing to do but wait until 12 months. If you’re not satisfied I trust you will update the community with new pictures and provide me with the necessary information to relay to your surgeon.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

OK let’s start with the obvious that unfortunately doesn’t seem to be too obvious to everybody. Six months is far from the result and while some patients experience a lot of growth that six months, some patients are only just beginning to see signs of new growth around 5 to 6 months. This is hardly cost for future at this stage and I think people really need to reserve judgment until at least 12 months.

Moreover, the first set of photos definitely make the hairline looks worse than it really is as the second set of photos, styled seem to show a much  better look. That said, clearly more is expected and the truth is it six months, we should certainly seem more growth  

So I encourage people not to panic and jump to conclusions which is way too typical on this discussion forum happens almost every time somebody post their concerns. 

Honestly, people really need to start learning and understanding that  everybody grows at different rates  and sometimes, it takes  at least 8 to 10 months to really even start seeing anything close to the final outcome. 

So let’s wait and see what things look like in another six months before anybody jumps to conclusions. 

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Hope you had some improvement, but to be honest: How can a clinic lower your hairline after your experience with H&W? This is not acceptable in my opinion. High risk, no reward kind of thing.

Because they want to make more money obviously. I had actually gone in only to refill the existing hairline and with an initial estimate of 1200-1500 grafts because I wanted to save the rest for future use because I knew I would need them in future. It's a long story, but basically when I met the doctor, he convinced me hard for 20 min to let him lower the hairline to make a more appealing hairline to make me look handsome. And told me I need 2600 grafts. Charged me $2/graft. I told him I don't want to lower the hairline because a) I want to save them for future and b) I don't have the money for 2600 grafts. So he told me I have plenty of grafts left for future. He can still do another 2500 graft extraction through strip again. Probably a lie. I have already extracted 5000 grafts at this point. So it's doubtful he can do 2500 grafts through strip again. I can already feel my tight scalp in the back and the scar is a little wider than before. Before I could get away with #3 cut and now I have to do #5.  And he asked me "Can't you borrow money from your relatives here? People come from US and spend thousands of dollars with us. I mean your flight itself must have cost $1500. " I knew he was being greedy, but I just went along because I thought at least he will give me a good hairline because of all the positive reviews on this site and maybe he knows better than me about transplants and donor grafts and what can be achieved. 

8.5 month result. They said more growth will come in coming months. Some are slow growers etc etc. And they said, they will give me PRP sessions which will boost growth. My hair quality is thin and that's why it doesn't look good and once it thickens then it will have more coverage. Also offered to give me an FUE session so to fill up the big empty zone in the left side with zero growth. 

I don't really want to do FUE with them because they don't specialize in it and Dr. Suneet Soni is actually very opposed to it. He hails FUT as a better method and if he couldn't even deliver good results in something he's expert in, then I'm not going to do FUE with them and waste more grafts. 

I agreed to PRP sessions, but don't have any hope in them. I didn't see much convincing evidence about them. 

At this point I've just shaved the new feeble 'hairline' he created and stick to the old hairline which is a bit fuller now and looks better that way. Which is what I had gone to them for in the first place. 

This makes me sooo mad. 

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic 5.jpg

pic 6.jpg