One man's journey to a full head of hair with Dr Konior

nick1111

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators

@nick1111 

Hey man, 

How’s everything going? Would love to see some updates, last I saw everything was looking fantastic.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Folks,

Apologies for loosing track of this thread as I got occupied with other things in life. I would post some pictures soon.

Almost 11 months have passed since my surgery . Everything is looking fine. My hair have grown well and has completely changed my front look. Only little downside I faced is thin donor on the back but I am fine with that considering how much of a difference it has made on my front look.

Now I think that it is time that I should start focusing on mid scalp and crown area and would schedule personal consultation with doctor  to see what are my options (BHT....May be if possible??).

Please share if some of you came across certain threads related to body hair transplantation, and if that is a reliable option.

3 hours ago, nick1111 said:

Folks,

Apologies for loosing track of this thread as I got occupied with other things in life. I would post some pictures soon.

Almost 11 months have passed since my surgery . Everything is looking fine. My hair have grown well and has completely changed my front look. Only little downside I faced is thin donor on the back but I am fine with that considering how much of a difference it has made on my front look.

Now I think that it is time that I should start focusing on mid scalp and crown area and would schedule personal consultation with doctor  to see what are my options (BHT....May be if possible??).

Please share if some of you came across certain threads related to body hair transplantation, and if that is a reliable option.

Interested in seeing the updates, I feel like a LOT of people favouring dr konior these days but I feel like I’ve not seen many patient posted results from him

• Administrators
9 hours ago, nick1111 said:

Folks,

Please check out our article on the subject. I hear differing opinions on BHT. However, Dr. Konior did say beard hair in to the donor would be a viable option when I asked him.

Do Body Hair Transplants Work

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

22 hours ago, nick1111 said:

Folks,

Great, would love some pics.

I know your donor was terrible from the git-go.

Beard hairs are pretty good. And not trying to high jack but Dr. Devroye posted a result using pubic hair recently, which I thought was pretty interesting.

• 3 months later...
On 8/27/2019 at 12:05 AM, ndubya said:

Great, would love some pics.

I know your donor was terrible from the git-go.

Beard hairs are pretty good. And not trying to high jack but Dr. Devroye posted a result using pubic hair recently, which I thought was pretty interesting.

Thanks Buddy.

• Administrators

I think it looks really good, considering you were a difficult case to start. I’d be over the moon.

• Like 1

View my thread

Nice change.  Maybe add to it and/or towards the crown area at a later date.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Yep, that's an impressive result and quite the contrast from your starting point. Congrats.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 3:13 AM, transplantedphil said:

Front_PreOP.jpg1.jpg

I'd say that's quite an incredible improvement for a mere 2500 grafts with A LOT of ground to cover. Curious to see pics of the donor/top down as well. 

Are you thinking of using body hair to add some more density?

Thanks. And yes, I am looking forward to have a 2nd surgery next year using some scalp hair along with Beard and chest hair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators

How's the hair looking @nick1111 would love to see an update.

View my thread