One man's journey to a full head of hair with Dr Konior

nick1111

On 1/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, nick1111 said:

Hi Kiwi Guy,

Thanks.  As far as I remember, after extracting the FUT strip, technicians were dissecting the strip  and meanwhile  Dr K started extracting the grafts via FUE.  When all the extraction was done then doctor started implanted all the grafts. As per what I remember, Dr was also cognizant of the time as generally grafts have limited time after the extraction (but there are certain ways to retain the grafts as far as possible  without effecting the quality.). I personally didn't felt anything during surgery since was on Valium etc.

Hey Nick how many of your 2500 total grafts were removed just via the FUT? I'm wondering that because the size of your scar is really small so I'm assuming it was something like 1k or around abouts... any idea how many it was?

On 1/7/2019 at 3:45 AM, Kiwi Guy said:

Oh ok that's how it works... yeah I was going to ask you about the time the grafts were out of the scalp as well so thank you for answering that. Are his prices $8 per FUE graft and $5 per FUT graft like most of the other clinics or did he charge you one rate for the two different extraction types?

Hi Kiwi Guy,

In my case it was different for FUT and FUE. For more details regarding your case, you can directly reach his office and get the quotes.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 8:41 AM, Kiwi Guy said:

Hey Nick how many of your 2500 total grafts were removed just via the FUT? I'm wondering that because the size of your scar is really small so I'm assuming it was something like 1k or around abouts... any idea how many it was?

In my case for, it was 1500 grafts (FUT) + 1000 grafts (FUE) .

Here is the update at 4 months. Not a significant change since the last update. Little bit of more growth but still hoping for more density specially on the right side as you can observe that it is lagging behind as compared to the left side.

Couldn't get the picture of the scar as might need some hand to capture it. Wasn't able to find by myself :). Will get it in the next update.

Hopefully things should be better by next month. Let me know what you people think.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

• Like 1

Looks fine.  The shadow effect is from very fine hair breaking the surface.  Over time that will thicken up considerably.

I can't see there being any problems from here on in.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

9 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Looks fine.  The shadow effect is from very fine hair breaking the surface.  Over time that will thicken up considerably.

I can't see there being any problems from here on in.

Thanks Matt. Your's is one of the threads that motivated me to get in touch with Dr K. I hope that if I can get half the result that you got, I will be really happy :)

Update at 4 months 1 week. New hair cut, new look. Not used to seeing my hair line for a while and  it really feels good to have one now. Thanks Dr Konior :) 2.jpg.a7baae520f45123ae39ea558f0faa49a.jpg1.jpg.5ad030ab8b2a2f3ef7041704a6373064.jpg

Edited by nick1111

17 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

This is already looking really good, at just 4 months. 

How does Dr Konior manage to get such high density from only 2500 grafts...going to be a great result

Thanks mate. Yes he is a magician. I have already started getting few looks...Hoping to improve more on density. Fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good. Things are really starting to happen now! Enjoy!

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

10 hours ago, nick1111 said:

New picture at almost 5 months. Density is little bit lesser on right side as compared to left but still happy with the outcome. I am already planning to get another surgery to fix my crown from Dr K. 

20190216_024225.jpg

Wow, big changes already coming. Did konior say the uneven sides would catch up with one another eventually? Im experiencing the same and I'm almost at 5 months too.

Edited by jj51702
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Wow very happy for you Nick, the hair is looking awesome. We can add this to the long list of Dr. Konior's success stories. Please keep us updated. I'm sure this thread is going to be inspiring for many guys out there in a similar situation.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:49 PM, nick1111 said:

New picture at almost 5 months. Density is little bit lesser on right side as compared to left but still happy with the outcome. I am already planning to get another surgery to fix my crown from Dr K. 

20190216_024225.jpg

Looks great! Congrats! Great change for the grafts used.

Any idea how many scalp grafts are left to be used for the crown?

On 2/16/2019 at 2:59 AM, Kraistoff said:

Looks good mate

hows the density behind the hairline ? 

Thanks Buddy. Density is better on the left side as compared to the right. But I see small hairs on the right. Will wait for a month or 2 to come to any conclusion. Hopefully it should get better.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:38 PM, jj51702 said:

Wow, big changes already coming. Did konior say the uneven sides would catch up with one another eventually? Im experiencing the same and I'm almost at 5 months too.

Thanks JJ. I have not asked it yet. Would wait for a month or 2 before arriving at any conclusion. Can you please share your thread?

On 2/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow very happy for you Nick, the hair is looking awesome. We can add this to the long list of Dr. Konior's success stories. Please keep us updated. I'm sure this thread is going to be inspiring for many guys out there in a similar situation.

Thanks Melvin. Still waiting to get little more density on the center right but pretty much satisfied with my HT with the number of grafts used.

Looking forward for another surgery to fix my crown. During initial discussion, Dr K suggested that he can use my chest hair to fix my crown in the 2nd surgery (due to limited donor area at the back of my head). Have you come across any successful cases with chest hair used as Donor. Can you share any if you know.