FUE 3000 grafts at ASMED/ Dr Erdogan

Kingbilla

On 4/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, Kingbilla said:

@LordBaldwin

Jus took few pics with  flash. Will take proper pics later. Thanks but even if it's 70 percent result at this stage. 70 percent should cover up scalp at least. I see gaps in hair lime with one strand way far from the other :P if I push down few hair in hat the level of hairline then one can see big bald patch.

20190402_230449.jpg

20190402_230607.jpg

To be honest man, this doesn’t look too bad for 7 months, you still have a couple or a few more months for it to noticeably improve and don’t forget the caliber of the new hair that has already grown will double in thickness giving the appearance of better density, hopefully your next update shows some more improvement.

I have followed your post and hope things will work out for you. I personally started noting growth at 4 months but it took 9 months to see the mature look. Still I did notice ongoing growth after ofcourse and certainly people who dont see me frequently would keep commenting on my hair getting denser. I’m just wondering why minox is not recommended for 6 months at ASMED. I was told where I had it done to stop it 2 weeks before surgery and to restart it exactly a month after. 

All the best.

31 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

To be honest man, this doesn’t look too bad for 7 months, you still have a couple or a few more months for it to noticeably improve and don’t forget the caliber of the new hair that has already grown will double in thickness giving the appearance of better density, hopefully your next update shows some more improvement.

I agree. I don't think it looks too bad at all for 7 months!! 

3 hours ago, Kingbilla said:

Yes, i did follow post op regimen thoroughly.

From what I have read. This kind of results at asmed became frequent after they started taking in more patients a day and after they hired new techs. 

Tbh I can't say anything on ability of the techs. The new techs might be very experienced . But it does seem like there is more focus quantity than quality. Might be due to the no. of patients who want to get their HT done at asmed.

But there are alot of factors that affects the final outcome e.g age, graft quality, the way techs handle grafts, how long they been out, no of grafts etc.

In my case grafts just failed to grow. Don't know why they didn't survive. My graft quality age etc was in my favour. Graft handling might be the reason, but it's just a speculation.

As for your question if you should go a head or not. I would suggest you to talk to asmed about your concerns and only after that decide what you want to do. Asmed did produce some good results recently. It's your call in the end of the day. Good luck!

Yeah I'm not having much growth yet either but it's only 5 months post op for me. However everything seemed fine with my surgery and the work seemed super clean and everything seemed to have gone smoothly.

However for you, comparing to where you were before surgery you definitely have had an improvement in the overall hairline 

Edited by Der3k7

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 1:52 PM, Upshall said:

Dude this looks like a good result? Especially for 7 months. Can you post a higher quality picture but in direct natural light? 

Here are the pictures in natural light. I don't understand how u call it a good result for 7 1/2 months. If having few more hair strands than before is a good result than maybe yes it is. 

I would be great if any of moderators would bother to comment and give their opinion on this.

20190422_184110.jpg

20190422_184216.jpg

20190422_184322.jpg

On 4/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, VicTNYC said:

Thanks mate. I really hope things improve coz I really don't want another procedure. 

Ye I do feel like density might improve and give that so called illusion people so often talk about.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:35 PM, AhmadF1284 said:

I have followed your post and hope things will work out for you. I personally started noting growth at 4 months but it took 9 months to see the mature look. Still I did notice ongoing growth after ofcourse and certainly people who dont see me frequently would keep commenting on my hair getting denser. I’m just wondering why minox is not recommended for 6 months at ASMED. I was told where I had it done to stop it 2 weeks before surgery and to restart it exactly a month after. 

All the best.

Thanks . I don't know why asmed recommends waiting 6 months til one can use minoxidil. Every clinic has its own recommendationsso better stick to it. I am actually thinking of using it. It might help I guess.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:20 AM, elduterino said:

studies have shown that using minox helps growth after a HT 

I started oral minox a week after then switched over to topical after 2 months and the growth at month 3 is pretty good - try minox 

Thanks . I am considering it. :)

On 4/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, Der3k7 said:

Yeah I'm not having much growth yet either but it's only 5 months post op for me. However everything seemed fine with my surgery and the work seemed super clean and everything seemed to have gone smoothly.

However for you, comparing to where you were before surgery you definitely have had an improvement in the overall hairline 

Thanks.  Yeah definitely. Hairline do look better. But its not what It should be I think. 

Very few hair with low density.

Not acceptable man. Im approaching 6 months post op from asmed and am in a similar position. They offer a 90% growth guarantee  as well. If you don't get 90% they offer to fix it for free 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

13 months update. Hair thickness has improved but scalp can be seen. Right side is better compared to left. There is cosmetic improvement but lacks density. Some grafts failed to grow, dont know why. Overall there is improvement and can hide density issue with styling but I could do that before transplant so dont know what to say anymore.

Attaching the pictures. Let me know what you guys think. 

20191003_145402.jpg

20191003_134804.jpg

20191003_134534.jpg

Overall, think things have got better and better over time in your case judging by your pictures. Can see the area you are concerned about and imo that is what I say i'd call a genuine touch up case that doesn't require too many grafts to put right. Might be mistaken but the pre-op pics in this thread look to be with wet hair? Would be good to compare where you are now with a dry hair pre-op photo.

If that is the only problem area, I wouldn't be too disappointed to be honest. I saw MarshallUK's thread where he met up with his surgeon Dr Bisanga after 12 months and the Dr mentioned one side was weaker then the other and he'd fix it for free. I'd say this could potentially be a similar situation provided that is your only problem area.

6 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Overall, think things have got better and better over time in your case judging by your pictures. Can see the area you are concerned about and imo that is what I say i'd call a genuine touch up case that doesn't require too many grafts to put right. Might be mistaken but the pre-op pics in this thread look to be with wet hair? Would be good to compare where you are now with a dry hair pre-op photo.

If that is the only problem area, I wouldn't be too disappointed to be honest. I saw MarshallUK's thread where he met up with his surgeon Dr Bisanga after 12 months and the Dr mentioned one side was weaker then the other and he'd fix it for free. I'd say this could potentially be a similar situation provided that is your only problem area.

Yeah by the looks of it defo going to need a touch up. But it shouldn't have end up like this with 3000 grafts. Guess it's my bad luck. 

I'll try uploading dry hair pictures before ht.

11 minutes ago, Kingbilla said:

Yeah by the looks of it defo going to need a touch up. But it shouldn't have end up like this with 3000 grafts. Guess it's my bad luck. 

I'll try uploading dry hair pictures before ht.

Can stumble across results where there are slight imperfections but really wouldn't be overly disappointed if that is the only issue with your result. Yes ideally when you have a procedure, it's natural to want it perfect and not have to go through the hassle of getting in the chair again but going by your pictures, it will be a pretty small touch up to get it right.Overall think it looks good but again probably get a better idea by comparing before/after photos with dry hair. 

• Like 1