FUE 3000 grafts at ASMED/ Dr Erdogan

Kingbilla

Hello everyone,

My name is Mohammad. I am 28 years old man and i have been loosing hair since early 20s . I had been thinking of getting hair transplant since ages, so recently i had an FUE procedure (3000 grafts) at ASMED in Turkey. I have been really impressed by the work of Dr. Koray Erdogan, as he has produced amazing results and has many satisfied patients. So i contacted ASMED and they got back to me in couple of days and we decided to carry out the procedure on 3rd of September 2018. Dr Erdogan initially suggested 2600-3200 grafts and also recommended me to start Propecia. I had taken finestride in past and had no issues so i willingly agreed to it.  My patient coordinator Muge was continuously in contact with me and she  explained each step thoroughly and was great help . She happily answered each and every question i had regarding the transplant. Must say she is very professional. 

So i booked my flight and after few weeks i traveled to Istanbul. As my procedure was planned on Monday and consultation was planned on Friday so i had to travel on Thursday. Before traveling my my patient coordinator contacted me asking if everything was ready. I reached the airport and one of the ASMEDs driver was there to pick me up. Its 35 minutes drive from airport to the hotel. The driver was nice and the vehicle was comfortable as well. My patient coordinator called me on my way to hotel and explained next steps . I checked in hotel and next day i had my consultation. Hotel was amazing and staff was very polite.

Next day the driver came to pick me up from the Hotel and took me to the clinic. I was received by my patient coordinator and her colleagues. They were very nice people and were great hosts. My coordinator took me to have some blood tests and ecg. Afterwards she gave me some papers to read which gives details about the procedure and the complications which can occur and i had to sign it as well. Afterward i was taken for photos and then i had consultation with Dr Koray. He was very polite and he assessed my hair loss and asked me few questions. He drew my Hair line and decided to implant 3000 grafts. I agreed to it as he is one of the greats in Turkey and trusted his judgment. Only thing which i think was a downer that the consultation felt bit rushed as he had several other patients waiting. He only spent around 10 minutes with me. I went down after that and had my head shaved and then Dr. Erdogan came to draw the final hairline and made it more symmetrical. After that I had another photo shoot with shaved head. I also had chat with anesthesiologist who gave me antibiotics and benzodiazepine to have them on the day of surgery. As it was weekend after so I had 2 days to just chill and see the city. But one has to be careful as its warm in Istanbul and drawn hairline can get altered due to sweating. I managed remove bit of my hairline as it rubbed against my pillow and I traveled during the weekend so it was removed a little due to sweating. But 90% of it was still intact so it wasn’t a huge issue but was bit stressful. Nevertheless I enjoyed the next two days and was looking forward to the transplant. During all this time my coordinator was in contact with me and was guiding me through.

So the day of “judgment” came and I and few other patients were picked up from the hotel early morning and taken to the clinic. There we were told to change and after that we were taken to our respective operating rooms. The technicians met me there and were very warm and nice to me. They made sure that I was completely comfortable. I was given Ipad to browse on while they went about their work on my head. I could also see the no. of grafts being extracted on a computer screen which they were updating regularly.  The procedure itself was fine but the only issue I had was that my anesthesia kept wearing off and I felt bit of pain so they had to put local anesthesia again. Dr. Erdogan did come to do incisions. After extraction I was served some food and after that I went back to the room for implantation. I slept through almost the whole procedure so it didn’t feel so long to me but it did take more than 8 hours to do the whole thing.

After that I was taken upstairs where they took some pictures again and I also met Dr Erdogan who inspected my head and gave thumbs up.  There i also met other patients who seemed very happy about their procedures and the feeling was mutual on my side. Then we were given ice gel and atp spray to use. We were driven back to the hotel and I kept using the spray and ice as instructed. I fell asleep bit early that night. I was also given a neck pillow which was very uncomfortable to sleep with but I had to mange with it for next 10 days.  Next day driver came to pick us up for the first wash. My 1st wash done at the clinic and they also explained me how to perform it myself at home. As I was staying few extra days in Istanbul after the transplant so they offered to do the washes for the rest of days as well, which I think was very nice of them. I was given the shampoo, antibiotic cream, a body lotion, paper towels and dermovat as after care pack. They also gifted us power bank charger and trimmer which they used to shave our heads :P. For next couple of days I kept coming to the clinic for the washes and they provided the transport .

I did have a lot of swelling on the 3rd day. It started from my forehead and traveled down. At one point i had swell in my eyelid making me look like some sort of monster lol. I got several looks at the airport but its all part of the experience. Eventually the swelling resolved after 6 days . I had difficulty in sleeping due to itching and burning sensation in donor area. But this improved with the passage of time . 

I am very happy with my experience at ASMED . I must say it is a team of complete professionals and they are very helpful. I strongly suggest others to consider this clinic as well, you won`t be disappointed. Now the waiting game has started and I hope I get great results as many others did.

Total no. of grafts: 3069

Single grafts: 801

Double grafts: 1596

Triple grafts: 634

Quardruple grafts : 1  :(

T 1.JPG

T 2.JPG

T 4.JPG

T 5.JPG

T 6.JPG

Thanks VicTNC..

So this is pic from 2 weeks after the operation. I really like the way hair have been implanted. Hair line looks very fine. I have lost few hair with scabs on washing but had no bleeding. Is that normal ?

Hopefully they grow back :P

Only concern I have right now is density behind the hairline on both sides. Feel like not enough hair are  transplanted there. But again it's too early to judge I guess. And I am probably over thinking.

What do you guys think?

20180920_112437.jpg

20180920_112436.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

That is great work. Neat and well shaped hair line. On day of surgery did they give you clothes to wear for the surgery? if so what type of clothes were they? I have surgery with them on 3rd Oct

Thanks. Yeah they give you normal scrubs to wear and they tell you come in a shirt so it's easy to change after the surgery.

It is included in the package. They let you know before hand how many days you can stay in hotel and if you want to stay extra days you have to pay for that. I stayed few extra days so I paid 80 euros for each day. Hotel is amazing. It's 5 star with great service. Location is good. Several shops around. So nothing to worry about. When are you planning to get HT

I'm flying out on Monday surgery will be on Wednesday Thursday and return friday. What time do you finish consultation and payment as thats the only time i can go and see the blue masjid and grand bazaar.I want to show him your post op as an example of the type of shape I want in the front.

For me it took 4 hours or so to finish the whole process. There's alot of waiting, blood tests, consultation and they shave your head on same day and make hair line with marker. So if you are planing to go see the city, you might risk tempering the drawn hairline .

You can still go see the city in evening. Good luck! Hope you have amazing time there. 

Thanks yeh i dont want to see much just the bazaar and buy a few thigs and maybe the mosque if i have time. I will be posting my experience and photos over the coming week. One more thing how good is the wifi in hotel? As il be spending quite a bit of time there 

Edited by FarsanUk

Now it's exactly been 1 month since my HT. Hair has started to grow but at the same time I am loosing hair. You can see the thining behind hairline. 

I still have alot of hair left compared to guys who had their ht at same day as me. Don't know to be happy about it or or stressed :P

20181003_120849.jpg

20181003_121440_001.jpg

20181003_215401.jpg

Edited by Kingbilla

• 5 weeks later...

2 months update:

Some transplanted hair fell out but some of them just started to grow. One can see the thinning on sides. Haven't experiend any new hairs growing. Hopefully next month Ill get some new hair popping  

What do you guys think.? 

20181103_153752.jpg

20181103_153640.jpg

20181103_153212.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

3 months update.

So far satisfied with the progress. I don't see any new hair growth. But transplanted hair which never fell have started to grow thicker, and propecia has started to kick in as i see my thining hair getting thicker. 

Surprisingly I never had a ugly duckling phase. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. But I did had loads of hair shedding but obviously not as much as other on this forum.  I still see one or two hair shedding here and there which are tiny compare to rest of hair. 

Most people see alot of  positive changes in 3rd and 4th month. Really looking forward to that. Hopefully I'll see some new hair growing. 

Would be great if guys can let me know what you think. :P

regards :)

20181203_223554.jpg

20181203_223628.jpg

20181203_223741.jpg

20181203_223840.jpg

20181203_223930.jpg

Edited by Kingbilla

Looks great Mo! if that's how it looks when it looks when most the hairs havnt without new sprouting imagine at 6 months how it will look! im at 2 months post op will post my photos this week my crown shed quite a lot and frontal (very front) as well.