6 hours ago, therealmvp2016 said:

hey Kingbilla, what is going on??? I've been literally following ASMED clinic for over a decade, paying attention to the results. I've finally got the online evaluation, and I'm ready to send the deposit, and book flights for my October surgery. Should I go ahead with this?  If Not ASMED, I honestly don't know which clinic to go to that is better (for the price)... Even in my city of Los Angeles, I've seen several poor results, and the price is 3x more than ASMED clinic.  What do you think went wrong??? did you not follow the post op regimen? 

Yes, i did follow post op regimen thoroughly.

From what I have read. This kind of results at asmed became frequent after they started taking in more patients a day and after they hired new techs. 

Tbh I can't say anything on ability of the techs. The new techs might be very experienced . But it does seem like there is more focus quantity than quality. Might be due to the no. of patients who want to get their HT done at asmed.

But there are alot of factors that affects the final outcome e.g age, graft quality, the way techs handle grafts, how long they been out, no of grafts etc.

In my case grafts just failed to grow. Don't know why they didn't survive. My graft quality age etc was in my favour. Graft handling might be the reason, but it's just a speculation.

As for your question if you should go a head or not. I would suggest you to talk to asmed about your concerns and only after that decide what you want to do. Asmed did produce some good results recently. It's your call in the end of the day. Good luck!

On 4/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, Kingbilla said:

@LordBaldwin

Jus took few pics with  flash. Will take proper pics later. Thanks but even if it's 70 percent result at this stage. 70 percent should cover up scalp at least. I see gaps in hair lime with one strand way far from the other :P if I push down few hair in hat the level of hairline then one can see big bald patch.

20190402_230449.jpg

20190402_230607.jpg

To be honest man, this doesn’t look too bad for 7 months, you still have a couple or a few more months for it to noticeably improve and don’t forget the caliber of the new hair that has already grown will double in thickness giving the appearance of better density, hopefully your next update shows some more improvement.

I have followed your post and hope things will work out for you. I personally started noting growth at 4 months but it took 9 months to see the mature look. Still I did notice ongoing growth after ofcourse and certainly people who dont see me frequently would keep commenting on my hair getting denser. I’m just wondering why minox is not recommended for 6 months at ASMED. I was told where I had it done to stop it 2 weeks before surgery and to restart it exactly a month after. 

All the best.

31 minutes ago, VicTNYC said:

To be honest man, this doesn’t look too bad for 7 months, you still have a couple or a few more months for it to noticeably improve and don’t forget the caliber of the new hair that has already grown will double in thickness giving the appearance of better density, hopefully your next update shows some more improvement.

I agree. I don't think it looks too bad at all for 7 months!! 

Dude this looks like a good result? Especially for 7 months. Can you post a higher quality picture but in direct natural light? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kingbilla said:

Yes, i did follow post op regimen thoroughly.

From what I have read. This kind of results at asmed became frequent after they started taking in more patients a day and after they hired new techs. 

Tbh I can't say anything on ability of the techs. The new techs might be very experienced . But it does seem like there is more focus quantity than quality. Might be due to the no. of patients who want to get their HT done at asmed.

But there are alot of factors that affects the final outcome e.g age, graft quality, the way techs handle grafts, how long they been out, no of grafts etc.

In my case grafts just failed to grow. Don't know why they didn't survive. My graft quality age etc was in my favour. Graft handling might be the reason, but it's just a speculation.

As for your question if you should go a head or not. I would suggest you to talk to asmed about your concerns and only after that decide what you want to do. Asmed did produce some good results recently. It's your call in the end of the day. Good luck!

Yeah I'm not having much growth yet either but it's only 5 months post op for me. However everything seemed fine with my surgery and the work seemed super clean and everything seemed to have gone smoothly.

However for you, comparing to where you were before surgery you definitely have had an improvement in the overall hairline 

Edited by Der3k7

studies have shown that using minox helps growth after a HT 

I started oral minox a week after then switched over to topical after 2 months and the growth at month 3 is pretty good - try minox