FUE 3000 grafts at ASMED/ Dr Erdogan

Kingbilla

1 hour ago, MHR84 said:

Dont know what happened to latest results of the clinic. They had always remarkeable results til 2017/2018 but in the late the resluts are not so impressive! Hope things get better for every one. 

Th clinic did have amazing results and I booked my ticket to Istanbul and sent my deposit to asmed, if it wasn’t for users like payam who exposed the poor results I would of went with them, I backed out 2 days before flying off

i really do feel for you boys and to be honest at 5 - 7 months I would expect a lot better results. The mods and some users on here will say you need to wait a year but I have seen much better results at this point, time and time again. 5-7 months should be the happy days.

i really do hope for the best for you lads and I don’t want to worry anyone I could be wrong!

but that’s my 2 cents 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

7 month update:

Well what can I say. Pictures shows the story. 

Density "improved" a little but scalp is easily visible. Don't think density is the major issue now,  i think many grafts just didnt grow.

Left side has big spaces in between. Right side is somewhat better but I am not really worried about that as i can hide the right side easily by combing hair over. 

Hair should be much better at this stage. I think I could have easily gotten this result if I went to any mediocre surgeon. This is not what one expects from Asmed.

I spoke to my coordinator she told me that doctor Erdogan recommends to wait until 15 months. I was not expecting any other answer tbh.

I wonder if asmed has changed the technique or the way they handle grafts now that grafts don't survive. Whatever they done they should go back to old ways as this is giving terrible results.

Looking forward to what you guys have to say! 

20190402_213511.jpg

20190402_213630.jpg

20190402_213518.jpg

20190402_213657.jpg

20190402_213706.jpg

20190403_202615.jpg

Edited by Kingbilla

24 minutes ago, Kingbilla said:

7 month update:

Well what can I say. Pictures shows the story. 

Density "improved" a little but scalp is easily visible. Don't think density is the major issue now,  i think many grafts just didnt grow.

Left side has big spaces in between. Right side is somewhat better but I am not really worried about that as i can hide the right side easily by combing hair over. 

Hair should be much better at this stage. I think I could have easily gotten this result if I went to any mediocre surgeon. This is not what one expects from Asmed.

I spoke to my coordinator she told me that doctor Erdogan recommends to wait until 15 months. I was not expecting any other answer tbh.

I wonder if asmed has changed the technique or the way they handle grafts now that grafts don't survive. Whatever they done they should go back to old ways as this is giving terrible results.

Looking forward to what you guys have to say! 

20190402_213815.jpg

20190402_213511.jpg

20190402_213630.jpg

20190402_213518.jpg

20190402_213657.jpg

20190402_213706.jpg

Hmm, do you happen to have any other pics with different lighting (e.g., natural light outside, camera flash)?  At this stage, and in these particular pics, the hair looks *ok*, with the possible exception of the first image showing the left temporal area.  Will need a bit more information.  Also, I've heard a lot of people say they've seen significant improvements from 7 to 12 months, and even Bloxham says you might only have 70% of the hair popped through the scalp at 7 months (and only 50% are matured).  I can understand how you feel though; the longer you go without having the result you want, the less runway you feel you have for that result to occur.  I really hope you do end up feeling better about this in a couple of months.

@LordBaldwin

Jus took few pics with  flash. Will take proper pics later. Thanks but even if it's 70 percent result at this stage. 70 percent should cover up scalp at least. I see gaps in hair lime with one strand way far from the other :P if I push down few hair in hat the level of hairline then one can see big bald patch.

20190402_230449.jpg

20190402_230607.jpg

Edited by Kingbilla

9 minutes ago, munich said:

Have exactly the same problems with my temple areas :(. Haven't seen "more growth" since 2,5 months

Yeah. When I saw your profile thought its similar to mine. Hopefully ull have a better result.

God knows how they handle grafts now as many ppl are complaining recently .

8 minutes ago, Kingbilla said:

@LordBaldwin

Jus took few pics with  flash. Will take proper pics later. Thanks but even if it's 70 percent result at this stage. 70 percent should cover up scalp at least. I see gaps in hair lime with one strand way far from the other :P if I push down few hair in hair hairline then one can see big bald patch.

20190402_230449.jpg

20190402_230607.jpg

Thanks.  So from those pics, it kind of looks like the hair in that area has smaller caliber than the hair elsewhere (rather than being gappy), but I'm on my phone at the moment and will have to take a closer look later on a larger screen.  It might simply be a matter of waiting for maturation. 

All this being said, I think it might be helpful for someone to go back and actually try to quantify what percentage of results that look "meh" at 7 months go on to become satisfactory later on.  I'm not volunteering myself at the moment, but if no one else does it and I have time, I might.  I'll admit I'm a bit nervous seeing this group of unhappy patients suddenly....but I think only the numbers can show whether or not that anxiety is justified.

To be clear, I wouldn't try to determine what percentage of patients have mediocre results, like I did last time -- that was primarily for new people shopping around for a doctor and is meaningless for those who actually did end up with mediocre result.  Instead, we need to look at the number of patients that were medium to slow growers (compared to those that just didn't grow at all), and if it's reasonable to be concerned at this stage.  Might need to take a poll across the community to do this.

Edited by LordBaldwin

Months 9 is when all 90-100% of the hairs should of sprouted .. u should get a magnifying mirror or camera and see closeup if there’s any small hairs sprouted that can’t be seen with the naked eye .. u see bare land , then no more hair coming .. I thought for sure u would get a good result .. u had a lot going for u.. hair type good , hairloss wasn’t bad .. n more than enough grafts for the area covered .. it’s disappointing to see .. hope things get better .. keep us updated . Thanks 

1 hour ago, Kingbilla said:

Good luck bro. I hope it improves.

It's crazy man this is my second surgery my first one had bad minimal results too so excluding interest these 2 surgeries cost $33,000 including flights and I've used 7000 grafts

Edited by Der3k7

1 hour ago, Kingbilla said:

Interesting point. Recently I was looking at Yaz89's thread where he documented his first procedure with Asmed somewhere in 2013. At 7-9 months, when he exposed his temple areas on the odd occasion, it seemed to be lagging somewhat. However his hair caliber was around 70 microns and with his hair styled generally styled downwards, the lagging areas were not always as obvious. Think he went on to mention it took a very long time for the hair to mature.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elduterino said:

Are you using minox? This makes each hair strand Thicker and improves the density feel

Asmed state that Minoxidil should not be used for 6 months so I imagine the OP has not considered it.

Not sure the 6 month rule is the same case with most doctors.  I believe some even recommend it soon after a HT.  Why Asmed say wait 6 months is unclear, however they obviously have some evidence or opinion to why you shouldn't.

From the few studies I have read on Minox after a HT, it appear to speed things up in terms of hair regrowth quite drastically in the early stages. It can reduce or even stop the shed of hair after the transplant in some cases.   It also may be of benefit to people who have had shock loss of the natural hair after the procedure.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3558912

It may be worth discussing with Dr Erdogan, however i suspect the advice will be to wait.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LordBaldwin said:

And btw, the first pic with the flash where the hair is brushed up looks much better than the second where it's parted.  I've seen many cases of hair looking like that first pic and then thickening up later on.

Yea that's because it "covers up" the bald patch . I can't do any other hair style. Sorta stuck with it.

Regarding looking at no. of ppl with slow to medium growth is a long stretch. I doubt it will ease the anxiety for any1. Plus it's the recent results that have been poor (I assume).

21 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Months 9 is when all 90-100% of the hairs should of sprouted .. u should get a magnifying mirror or camera and see closeup if there’s any small hairs sprouted that can’t be seen with the naked eye .. u see bare land , then no more hair coming .. I thought for sure u would get a good result .. u had a lot going for u.. hair type good , hairloss wasn’t bad .. n more than enough grafts for the area covered .. it’s disappointing to see .. hope things get better .. keep us updated . Thanks 

Yea I thought that aswell. Especially at the initial stage. God knows what happened. Really disappointed with how thing are turning up.

I am actually very surprised with the result especially considering the number of grafts I had . I will try to get the camera. But I try not to think any it. It sorta helps. xD

15 hours ago, elduterino said:

Are you using minox? This makes each hair strand Thicker and improves the density feel

No I am not . Asmed suggest not using it for 1st 6 months. I might try it . But from what I read there's a limited proof that it helps in temporal areas.

20 hours ago, xadiohead said:

I had mine done there three weeks ago.   You guys are stressing me out!!!!!😬

Hey don't worry this is not the case with everyone. Asmed has produced good results recently aswell e.g redlord I think has a great result.

20 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

It's crazy man this is my second surgery my first one had bad minimal results too so excluding interest these 2 surgeries cost $33,000 including flights and I've used 7000 grafts

Wow that's alot of grafts and money. How many graft capacity did you have.

On 4/3/2019 at 11:46 AM, Kingbilla said:

Wow that's alot of grafts and money. How many graft capacity did you have.

I supposedly have 3 more thousand according  to asmed I think 

Edited by Der3k7

hey Kingbilla, what is going on??? I've been literally following ASMED clinic for over a decade, paying attention to the results. I've finally got the online evaluation, and I'm ready to send the deposit, and book flights for my October surgery. Should I go ahead with this?  If Not ASMED, I honestly don't know which clinic to go to that is better (for the price)... Even in my city of Los Angeles, I've seen several poor results, and the price is 3x more than ASMED clinic.  What do you think went wrong??? did you not follow the post op regimen? 

Edited by therealmvp2016

6 hours ago, therealmvp2016 said:

hey Kingbilla, what is going on??? I've been literally following ASMED clinic for over a decade, paying attention to the results. I've finally got the online evaluation, and I'm ready to send the deposit, and book flights for my October surgery. Should I go ahead with this?  If Not ASMED, I honestly don't know which clinic to go to that is better (for the price)... Even in my city of Los Angeles, I've seen several poor results, and the price is 3x more than ASMED clinic.  What do you think went wrong??? did you not follow the post op regimen? 

Yes, i did follow post op regimen thoroughly.

From what I have read. This kind of results at asmed became frequent after they started taking in more patients a day and after they hired new techs. 

Tbh I can't say anything on ability of the techs. The new techs might be very experienced . But it does seem like there is more focus quantity than quality. Might be due to the no. of patients who want to get their HT done at asmed.

But there are alot of factors that affects the final outcome e.g age, graft quality, the way techs handle grafts, how long they been out, no of grafts etc.

In my case grafts just failed to grow. Don't know why they didn't survive. My graft quality age etc was in my favour. Graft handling might be the reason, but it's just a speculation.

As for your question if you should go a head or not. I would suggest you to talk to asmed about your concerns and only after that decide what you want to do. Asmed did produce some good results recently. It's your call in the end of the day. Good luck!