FUE 1 vs FUE 2

Hey all

I’m curious -

to those of you who had multiple FUEs over time...

- how did the second FUE procedure compare to the first? Was it pretty much exactly the same?

- how did the second procedure impact your donor area? Are you super thinned out now (particularly for those higher Norwood’s with average donor such as myself)

- did the second procedure impact your previous grafts from the first procedure in any way?

- how long did you wait to do it?

thanks follicular friends

:)

Edited by HarryHonolulu

• Administrators

Secondly procedure actually went better than the first, the donor area is thinner, but not obvious. Subsequent procedures had no impact on previously transplanted grafts. 18 months each time.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, BlessUp said:

melvin did you personally see any changes in your hair from month 12 to 18th month?

Yea, mainly maturity and thickening.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

how big was the effect very minor or dramatic. my hair is not where i would hope it would be and im coming up on a year myself. seems like u were happy at year. just trying to compared it to my case where things might come together from 12th-18th month hopefully. ur thread was one of the reasons i choose diep. 

• Administrators

It wasn’t a day and night improvement, but there was certainly improvement. If youre 80% satisfied you may be 100% by a year, but if youre 50% satisfied than the chances are you wont be satisfied. 

View my thread

On 9/19/2018 at 3:55 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea, mainly maturity and thickening.

I experienced the same thing on my second FUE. I was actually really disappointed after year 1 but then extremely satisfied after Year 2. My first FUE I think I had quicker results but it could be that it just seemed better because I now had a hairline, which was a drastic improvement 

• 2 weeks later...