Help me and my story

Hi, I live in the UK and am obviously losing my hair. I am 28 and use dermatch and toppik to hide it as best I can. I have been on propecia for about a year and am starting on 12% minoxidil on prescription from a tricologist to retain what hair I have. Provided I am not under a bright light I am often told what nice thick hair I have, but unfortunately it is just an illusion as I reckon I have lost half the hair on the top of my head now.

I am looking at hair transplant options and was one step away from using choi method at NHI in athens until I found this site, which seems to be very impartial and informative. I did think if it seems too good to be true......you know the rest.

I could really use some advice on where to go and what it will cost me etc. As I said I am in UK but from what I have read it's best to go to US? Please help me, give me some advice, I could really use it right now. All comments welcome. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my appeal. J

Hi, I live in the UK and am obviously losing my hair. I am 28 and use dermatch and toppik to hide it as best I can. I have been on propecia for about a year and am starting on 12% minoxidil on prescription from a tricologist to retain what hair I have. Provided I am not under a bright light I am often told what nice thick hair I have, but unfortunately it is just an illusion as I reckon I have lost half the hair on the top of my head now.

I am looking at hair transplant options and was one step away from using choi method at NHI in athens until I found this site, which seems to be very impartial and informative. I did think if it seems too good to be true......you know the rest.

I could really use some advice on where to go and what it will cost me etc. As I said I am in UK but from what I have read it's best to go to US? Please help me, give me some advice, I could really use it right now. All comments welcome. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my appeal. J

*sole_man* consider yourself a very *lucky_man* that you found this site before you jumped into anything!

I wish I would have been as blessed (and smart!)

There is tons to research on this site. I would start by going through the list of Coalition doctors on the main page and checking out some their different results.

I had a couple poor procedures before finding this site but after doing a year of research I narrowed it down to Dr. Feller (NY) and Hasson & Wong (Vancouver).

I am actually in the airport right now on my way up to NY to have my procedure with Feller tomorrow morning. Unfortunately my flight is delayed so I am stuck in the airport and not even able to have a drink! (it is advised to abstain from alcohol for the 10 days preceding you procedure icon_frown.gif )

You are in good hands my friend

I had my HT at Transmed in Turkey 21 days ago and I am from the UK.

The only clinic recommended from his website in the UK is Farjo in Manchester. Lots of negative posts about the others !

There are many butchers out there, not recommended that charge bargain prices - dont risk it.

All the info is here, get on-line consultations if you can. Check out the blogs and photos, work out your budget. I read and read and read and made the decision based on both quality and price.

Hello *sole_man*. I am from the UK too. Welcome to the forum. It is, as you say, both impartial and informative. Anyone paid to promote must declare it - most of us are just "paying it forward".

Some pics would help members of the forum to comment more usefully. In the meantime, here are my tips:

1. You're young. It's hard I know, but keep up the meds. You can still maintain the illusion of density with half of your hair and that is usually all an HT can hope to achieve.

2. Consider buzzing down your hair. It might suit you.

3. Try hard to keep really trim, fit and healthy for at least a year - see how it impacts upon your self-esteem.

4. Research, research and research - work through this site, look at the results, check out the blogs. If meds only take you so far, if you think the buzz doesn't work, if your confidence can't improve from other efforts, then an HT might be the way forward.

5. Remember that everyone is different and the success of an HT depends upon an individual patient's physiology.

6. Don't let location be a barrier. Be prepared to travel far to see the right doc for you.

7. Avoid the hair mills at all costs. Go for a coalition doc. The only one in the UK is Farjo. You could consider Devroye in Belgium. Most of the top docs are in the US or Canada.

There are some fabulous tips here:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/505100191

Good luck mate.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the immediate response guys, I have to say it's good to have found such a great network.

I am a pretty fit guy already, a marathon runner in fact and am now dedicated to taking the meds. I have had buzz cuts in the past but seem to have a odd shaped head, if you've ever seen coneheads you'll get an idea of what it's like :-)

I will sift through all the research and recommendations on here. I am not about to rush into it after reading a lot of the horror stories. Thanks again guys, really nice of you to take the time. I hope one day I am in the position to advise people trying to find their way in this situation, J.

Hi sole_man,

Like the others have said Research is the key. Do as much as possible and you'll start to see the different methods and approaches of all the Doctors. If you really like the results of one particular Doctor then your search is over. If you like the look of a couple then you can let distance and cost be a factor.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions just ask as I am in the UK too.

Hi El Nino, thank you for replying to my post. I had a look at the website of the surgeon that performed your ht and it looks outstanding. Do you mind me asking how much your procedure has cost you in total, I know it will vary from person to person but I would just like to gain a rough idea. Thank you very much for taking the time to contact me. *sole_man* (J).

ps- thanks again to everyone else as well.

Hi sole_man,

I paid about ??5300 for my HT including flights, hotel, etc. But the exchange rate was better then and Dr. Rahal's prices have risen a bit since as well. His current prices are on his website if you missed them, he also offers a travel discount for international patients.