Hair Transplant: The Search

Growth

Hi All,

I am a 27 year old male from India. I will be using this forum to document the journey of my and my friend's(also 27 years) Hair transplant journey.

We have come to the realization that we need to go under the knife to get a head full of hair.

We are planning to travel Delhi and Chandigarh, India next month to consult a few Doctors for undergoing a FUE procedure

With the help of this forum and other similar sites, we have zeroed down on the below clinics

1. Darling Buds ( Dr. Tejinder Bhatti)

2. Medilinks (Dr. Gaurang Krishna)

I would appreciate if you could suggest any other Doctors that we should visit for a FUE procedure.

I have shaved my head and will post new pics in about a month when i hairs are a little longer. My pics initials is ABC. My friends pic's initials is XYZ

ABC_back.jpg

ABC_left.jpg

ABC_right.jpg

ABC_top.jpg

xyz_back.jpg

xyz_left.jpg

xyz_right.jpg

xyz_top.jpg

You both seem to be headed to a high Norwood level. Surgery won’t bring back a full head of hair. It’s a cosmetic illusion.

Are you prepared for multiple procedures as your hair loss progresses? Do you have realistic expectations for the results?

My advice is to get on finasteride now. See if that stabilizes your hair loss over the next year. Finasteride may be all XYZ needs right now, if it works for him. 

In the meantime, continue your research and develop a long term plan. Dr Bhatti does good work, but make sure you know what you’re getting into and have a long term plan before you let him or anyone else operate on you.

Edited by Spaceman

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 12:33 AM, Spaceman said:

You both seem to be headed to a high Norwood level. Surgery won’t bring back a full head of hair. It’s a cosmetic illusion.

Are you prepared for multiple procedures as your hair loss progresses? Do you have realistic expectations for the results?

My advice is to get on finasteride now. See if that stabilizes your hair loss over the next year. Finasteride may be all XYZ needs right now, if it works for him. 

In the meantime, continue your research and develop a long term plan. Dr Bhatti does good work, but make sure you know what you’re getting into and have a long term plan before you let him or anyone else operate on you.

@Spaceman: We understand the situation and have realistic expectations. We will definitely discuss this with our Doctor on our visit

• Administrators

Your friend would really benefit from medical therapy howver, it seems youre headed towards a Norwood 7 level of hair loss, yoir expectations have to be realistic, because full coverage and density is not possible in your case. What are you expecting from surgery?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Let's take it one step at a time....You are a young man and you are already showing an aggressive pattern of loss.  First caution is in order.  Start thinking that there is limited donor available.  Where can you put the grafts where it will make the most impact? Go to the mall and start looking at how people lose hair.  Advanced patterns will typically keep a forelock, have some diffused thinning, and be emptier in the crown.  Why not mimic mother nature for the most natural result?  Something to keep in mind.

Next, meet with many hair experts and see what they have to day.  If the first thing you hear from the consultant is "we can give you a full set of hair with a single procedure, run the other way fast!

I am curious to learn why are you considering FUE

Medical therapy should be part of the jargon.  To achieve the most density you may want to incorporate all medical modalities available to you to help you retain and enhance the native hair.  Make sure to ask about what these can do for you when you go to the consultations.  

• 1 month later...