Jump to content
Kraistoff

My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Here’s a perfect example of a guy who had the same level of hair loss and had over 4,000 grafts in the same area in two surgeries.

No one was calling for the surgeons head either. The difference was our forum was healthy back then and wasn’t being poisoned. 

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/48366-round-2-with-rahal-1204-fut-to-frontal-third-same-area/ 

But that guys result is amazing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kraistoff, I think you look really good.  It's evident that the change from pre-op was extreme and there's been a major cosmedic improvement.  Frankly, if you hadn't pointed out that one spot to everyone (and shown it under harsh conditions), I doubt anyone would've noticed.  Also remember that people here examine results very closely and notice small imperfections that the average person would not (especially from a normal distance).  Let me ask you....forgetting what anyone has said here, try to remember what you looked and felt like before....how do you feel about it?

Also, you should remember that thickening can occur through the 18th month (ask jonyny about his own case).  If there are thin hairs (i.e., thinner than surrounding hairs) in the thin area, there's a good chance they'll still mature and make that area look better, ultimately.  I'm experiencing the same thing, currently.  Maturation is dragging a bit, but it isn't finished yet and won't be for a while.

  • Thanks 1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

But that guys result is amazing 

Yea after his second procedure. Keep in mind the first set of pictures are after his first procedure.

Below is pre surgery and after 3,100 grafts. The results were good, but not perfect. So he had a second surgery in the same area to achieve the results he desired. 

9279DA68-6DDE-456F-985F-0896604B28A9.jpeg

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your support all.

I do appreciate the comments, but really need to stay away from forums. 

I am told not to compare , but it is impossible not to. The whole experience has driven me round the bend . 

I have asked to delete my account along with all its content . 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Thanks for your support all.

I do appreciate the comments, but really need to stay away from forums. 

I am told not to compare , but it is impossible not to. The whole experience has driven me round the bend . 

I have asked to delete my account along with all its content . 

This is a serious problem. This is why I’m here to make sure this doesn’t happen. You have no reason to be upset. You should be happy. It pains me to see how a few bad apples have spoiled this forum. I won’t stand for it any longer!


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Melvin,

how to I delete my thread? It’s not fair on other members, researchers, you or the clinic.

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Melvin,

how to I delete my thread? It’s not fair on other members, researchers, you or the clinic.

 

As mentioned, we don’t delete threads. We can alter information change names etc. 

That said, I have already started pulling weeds. I’ve been way too nice for too long. There’s a difference between freedom of speech and downright agenda posting. Those days are over! I assure you of that. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

But that guys result is amazing 

OP has had 1000 less grafts in a smaller area of the frontal third, and also had significant temple work, plus grafts in the crown. Realistically, I suspect OP would be in the same position with another 1000 grafts. How about actually make a realistic comparison instead of putting your conclusion first? 

People need to stop equating frontal third numbers in cases where there is temple work and those where their isn't. Tbh, OPs temples looked horrible prior to the surgery and significantly more recessed than 90% of patients,  the temple result here is as good as you'll see anywhere and create a much more natural result than if they went untouched.  Also actually make an effort to compare area sizes realistically.

 

hair-restoration-surgery-before-after-34

This is an area possibly less than half the size of Kraistoff's result, with MORE grafts than his entire frontal third, minus the temple points. Realistically, considering the state of Kraistoff's temples and thinning crown this wasn't an option. 

There are definitely some areas where it appears some grafts didn't grow as well in OPs case, however if you look at the graft placement I'd say minimum 85% grew. Behind the hairline the placement is thin, and had to be to achieve the overall coverage and hairline design, which imo was the better option. I think perhaps ASMED should offer a free touchup at some point, but I don't think they'd need to based on the growth here. No two procedures isn't optimal, but for 90% of patients aside from those like the guy above with very minor loss if you want to look like you have a full head of hair and no thinning, then for fuck sake be realistic and actually look at cases of people with similar loss. 

In saying this, there are clearly more than an optimal number of problem cases from ASMED over the last 12 months (like yours) but this isn't one of them.

 

 

 

Edited by JayLDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

OP has had 1000 less grafts in a smaller area of the frontal third, and also had significant temple work, plus grafts in the crown. Realistically, I suspect OP would be in the same position with another 1000 grafts. How about actually make a realistic comparison instead of putting your conclusion first? 

People need to stop equating frontal third numbers in cases where there is temple work and those where their isn't. Tbh, OPs temples looked horrible prior to the surgery and significantly more recessed than 90% of patients,  the temple result here is as good as you'll see anywhere and create a much more natural result than if they went untouched.  Also actually make an effort to compare area sizes realistically.

 

hair-restoration-surgery-before-after-34

This is an area possibly less than half the size of Kraistoff's result, with MORE grafts than his entire frontal third, minus the temple points. Realistically, considering the state of Kraistoff's temples and thinning crown this wasn't an option. 

There are definitely some areas where it appears some grafts didn't grow as well in OPs case, however if you look at the graft placement I'd say minimum 85% grew. Behind the hairline the placement is thin, and had to be to achieve the overall coverage and hairline design, which imo was the better option. I think perhaps ASMED should offer a free touchup at some point, but I don't think they'd need to based on the growth here. No two procedures isn't optimal, but for 90% of patients aside from those like the guy above with very minor loss if you want to look like you have a full head of hair and no thinning, then for fuck sake be realistic and actually look at cases of people with similar loss. 

In saying this, there are clearly more than an optimal number of problem cases from ASMED over the last 12 months (like yours) but this isn't one of them.

 

 

 

Yeah that's why they're giving me a warranty procedure in 3 months haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Thanks for your support all.

I do appreciate the comments, but really need to stay away from forums. 

I am told not to compare , but it is impossible not to. The whole experience has driven me round the bend . 

I have asked to delete my account along with all its content . 

 

Don't over think things, in my opinion your result is quite good but needs a small touchup to be perfect, likely around the 1000-1500 grafts mark. That is the case for 90% with your level of loss. Your loss was worse than mine and you've had many less grafts than I have, my case is still not perfect. For all the best cases on the forum, the patients are either like the HnW patient above where they barely have hairloss, a thin head with strong temples and cram 3500 grafts in, or they're like you and they have minimum 2 procedures. There is a guy with a similar level of loss to you who went to Hasson and Wong, he has one of the best results I've ever seen but has had I think over 5 procedures and over 10000 grafts. People shouldn't kid themselves into what isn't achievable because they only look at the best cases and ignore the 90% of transplant results on earth that quite frankly are much worse than yours, or base their bar of acceptability on cases that aren't comparable in numbers or results.

For you the temples are as good as any I have seen, when previously significantly recessed and horrible looking, and the hairline looks natural, albeit like its thinning. In the real world, that isn't a problem, its a 1200ish graft touchup away from something that will look to anyone like you have never suffered from baldness, and will have better hair than the majority of men your age.

I truly wouldn't worry or even stay away from the forums necessarily. Keep a clear head and analyse the result on your own terms, if you aren't happy with your results then consider asking the clinic if they could offer a free touchup, or if you aren't happy with the clinic then perhaps go elsewhere. I get the sense that if you don't do this, you will certainly dwell on it, which you don't need to because a touchup here isn't abnormal, nor an indicator of a bad result. You'll find if you have a second procedure the head shaving will be much less of an issue because you already have a natural looking hairline with reasonable density that won't make you look like a cancer patient, as many people do after shaving down before their first procedure.

As someone who is one of the most rational on the forum and has certainly looked at as many cases as anyone here, your result is much better than average, the design is very natural, the temples among the most natural and aesthetic as any on this forum considering how much area was rebuilt, however not enough grafts were placed behind some areas of the hairline and there are some minor areas of poor growth. From my perspective, I think choice to opt for broader coverage and strong temples looks with consideration that you may have needed a small touchup for density to cover any thinning behind the hairline in the long run will be better. If you have a small second procedure (and I think you should personally because you seem like you aren't happy overall and will dwell on things) I suspect you will be glad of this choice.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea after his second procedure. Keep in mind the first set of pictures are after his first procedure.

Below is pre surgery and after 3,100 grafts. The results were good, but not perfect. So he had a second surgery in the same area to achieve the results he desired. 

9279DA68-6DDE-456F-985F-0896604B28A9.jpeg

Perfect example honestly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

Perfect example honestly 

Unrealistic standards have been set on this forum and it ends today. It’s gone on long enough, and it’s not healthy for the community.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I personally would happily take a nicely framed face with a natural looking hairline and temples area/peaks than perfect density over a bad obvious unnatural looking hairline as I’ve seen from many cheap truly mill Instagram marketing Turkish/Indian clinics. Density can be addressed without much issue, repairing a bad unnatural/fake looking hairline is much worse IMHO.

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

100% this forum is being poisoned, it’s a serious problem.

Poisoned? That's rubbish. There has been some very average results coming from Asmed over the past year and they were highlighted. A forum should exist not to simply market surgeons but to inform the public with non biased information so as to help make their choice. 

In saying this, OPs results are average. Not great, not terrible. It's not a botch job by any means and the contrast between hair and scalp was always going to provide some challenges. I wouldn't be happy with his results but I also know that it's not a one and done type deal, but 4500 grafts I'd be expecting a little bit more density. Don't give me that "illusion of density" spiel either Melvin. I know. 

I'd advise all who are genuinely considering a hair transplant in the future to;

1. Use multiple forums for research. Ask the mods who are sponsoring the forums also.

2. Jump on Instagram and search "fue" "hair transplant" etc. I've found some real gems by doing this. You can find results from all over and speak to different people about their experiences. Many will have logs which run for a year + showing them in all sorts of conditions i.e. wet hair, sunlight, beach etc etc.

While I will agree that Asmed are getting bashed about more than probably deserved, I do also think that as of 2019 there are better choices out there for the kind of money you will spend with Asmed. The proof is in the pudding and there is so much pudding out there if you do the research.

Asmed is still an option but I believe we need to make them win our business back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kraistoff

I believe JayLDD has provided you with some great feedback. I think your hairline and temple points are quite good. With a boost in density, you should be golden. Dont get too caught up in the small details. It's a huge improvement from your previous state.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A second pass to fill in the front and you will be the happiest guy on earth. Your result is a good start. Looks like most grew, but the area was too large for the amount of grafts.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jamothee said:

Poisoned? That's rubbish. There has been some very average results coming from Asmed over the past year and they were highlighted. A forum should exist not to simply market surgeons but to inform the public with non biased information so as to help make their choice. 

In saying this, OPs results are average. Not great, not terrible. It's not a botch job by any means and the contrast between hair and scalp was always going to provide some challenges. I wouldn't be happy with his results but I also know that it's not a one and done type deal, but 4500 grafts I'd be expecting a little bit more density. Don't give me that "illusion of density" spiel either Melvin. I know. 

I'd advise all who are genuinely considering a hair transplant in the future to;

1. Use multiple forums for research. Ask the mods who are sponsoring the forums also.

2. Jump on Instagram and search "fue" "hair transplant" etc. I've found some real gems by doing this. You can find results from all over and speak to different people about their experiences. Many will have logs which run for a year + showing them in all sorts of conditions i.e. wet hair, sunlight, beach etc etc.

While I will agree that Asmed are getting bashed about more than probably deserved, I do also think that as of 2019 there are better choices out there for the kind of money you will spend with Asmed. The proof is in the pudding and there is so much pudding out there if you do the research.

Asmed is still an option but I believe we need to make them win our business back. 

See, here's the thing, though.  There's a major difference between coming onto someone's thread in an attempt to provide support (since, as we all know, hair restoration is a stressful journey) and joining in the conversation with inflammatory language to make them feel worse.  Kraistoff was uncertain and needed support and guidance...not for anyone else to use his result as a prop to bash a clinic against which they have a personal vendetta (these people know who they are).  Obviously, we should be honest, but there are constructive ways of telling the truth that show sensitivity to the struggles of the individual/OP.  The old saying "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" seems to apply.  Basic rule of thumb?  Use the same social skills you'd use if you were talking to the person face-to-face.  If someone's result looks good to you, tell them, as I'm sure they'd appreciate it.  If they don't look good to you, stay quiet and only make this opinion known if the OP asks for it (and do it in a way that's helpful, like a suggestion about how to improve the situation); for the purposes of determining whether or not a clinic is outputting good results, let the pictures speak for themselves.  If people on this thread had been more sensitive to Kraistoff's needs and not their own, he wouldn't be asking to leave. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

i appreciate both sets of comments. Of course the good ones are easier to digest mentally.

i have been asking directly I believe if the density should be better , some people have said “yes defiantly” whilst other saying “no as you need more grafts over a large area”

I’m sorry for starting such a heated debate. 

I have been hammering my new coordinator with neurotic messages , happy one minute and not happy the next . I feel like I’ve made a complete twat out of myself with the mixed messages I’ve been posting on here too but that goes to show my mental state. 

please don’t bring the clinic as a whole into debate on my thread as I don’t care. I had the surgery , I can see the result and I thank you for your comments but I don’t want anyone getting banned or sending anyone or any company insults 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 4:37 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Ok it’s clear theres a HUGE improvement.

Let’s objectively look at the before picture. Take any pre-conceived notions you have of this doctor away. 

Okay so you see the first picture is in low lighting and away from the light-source. You see there’s no hair it’s literally bald on the temples. 

Second picture is directly facing the sun, it’s under the harshest conditions available. There’s now a rebuilt hairline that looks 100% natural. Is it perfect? No, but no hair transplant is, this is the reality folks. This is why guys have 3-4 hair transplants myself included. Instead of uplifting and giving guys hope we just bring them down? What a sad state this forum is in right now 😪

D869F35C-C981-4909-B742-4435C7922176.jpeg

Couldn't agree anymore Melvin. Everyone seems to now expect a full head of hair after one pass. People need to understand that even after a number of surgeries you will still never be back to where you were pre-hair loss. We are working with a limited number of grafts to provide an illusion of density. In large this lack of understanding and disappointment is why I've been spending less time on this forum. 

Comparing these two photos this is a very good result for the amount of grafts. Everyone needs to remember their starting point. 


First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

 

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

 

 

Hair loss regime

 

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DEB1982 said:

Couldn't agree anymore Melvin. Everyone seems to now expect a full head of hair after one pass. People need to understand that even after a number of surgeries you will still never be back to where you were pre-hair loss. We are working with a limited number of grafts to provide an illusion of density. In large this lack of understanding and disappointment is why I've been spending less time on this forum. 

Comparing these two photos this is a very good result for the amount of grafts. Everyone needs to remember their starting point. 

You’re not the first person to tell me this, if you would see my PM box you’d be amazed. This is what upsets me the most. That I cannot stand for and will not stand for.

I had no choice but to start pulling weeds. This community is meant for building a brotherhood, exchanging knowledge, giving support. It’s turned in to an agenda posting forum.

I will be posting a video on YouTube discussing expectations. I’m gonna use myself as an example. A lot of guys out there simply aren’t candidates based on expectations and if I can stop them from having a procedure than I’ve done my job.

Don’t be discouraged, I promise you the days of agenda posting are over. 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey

 

i don’t really brush my hair. Never have 

I do have wavy hair but that’s it 

My hair is a fair bit longer in the after photo 

Edited by Kraistoff

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j3rrymaguire said:

Hey man not here to bash you. Pre op looks neat and tidy with recession, post op now looks a little fuller with a scruffy appearance. Are you using sea salt surfer spray to get look? and could you tell us if you were brushing before pre op?

Why would you say “not here to bash you” ? 

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Why would you say “not here to bash you” ? 

 

It’s obvious that’s a duplicate account of the infamous HT0416. 

Guys, if you see a new poster posting on a bunch of topics with a clear agenda report it. These are duplicate accounts from previously banned members with history of doing this.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×