Kraistoff

My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

On 5/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, Payam said:

It's not really subjective though, for a certain number of grafts you expect a certain progression and result, I see nowhere near 4500 grafts in these pictures. Whether or not op will be satisfied should not stop us from objectively discuss the facts at hand correct?

No it’s ok to give your honest opinions. Truthfully, you can see clear improvements from 8 months to 13 months in your case. That’s why we should wait until a full year to make an official judgment. Now what we don’t know is whether he will be satisfied. Only time will tell.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

All,

yes my hair doesnt look look the best without product and in direct light , but inside and with a little fiber it looks really good, and I receive comments every day on how well it looks. I live on London so don’t usually

have to worry about direct sunlight . Plus I literally put a sprinkle of fiber in the morning and that’s it 

this is hair in harsh light. I used hair fibres yesterday and didn’t wash my hair plus I have been wearing a hard had 

5F028EF0-D303-4C15-8EFE-430FE8660C16.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Putting aside pictures, lighting etc for a moment, when you are going about your everyday life, has anyone commented on your hair, either negative or positive?

*Sorry should add when you don't have concealer on your scalp

Edited by Fozzie

10 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Putting aside pictures, lighting etc for a moment, when you are going about your everyday life, has anyone commented on your hair, either negative or positive?

Well I use fibres at the moment since I cut my hair , and people have given only positive comments . 

I am told it has taken 10 years off me, that it looks natural

Yes, in your pictures there's a clear cosmetic improvement from where you were pre-op. Have you had any comments on days when you are not using fibres?  

Not really. Don’t think anyone would say negative really so it’s hard to tell. Perhaps at like 4 months someone asked me if will get thicker and I responded “I hope so”

Yes suppose it depends a lot on your close circle of family/friends and just how honest they are. My own are quite upfront and honest and don't really hold back.

Difficult to take much from the comment at 4 months as it's too early and every result should really be getting thicker from that point.

First of all Kraistoff, thank you for sharing your journey till now with us. 

I'll be having another HT next summer. I had one when I was 28, and so a second round was inevitable but I was too naive to think of that at the time. Your posts reminded me of the fact that the most gruelling part of the journey is the waiting period, and not the op itself. 

The initial high, when you see all the implanted hairs in within the first 3 weeks, then the dreaded shedding phase (which at the time you believe is the toughest point of the journey), and then the actual toughest part where you're waiting around 12-18 months to get the expected results.

The lesson I learned was that not everybody's hair grows and matures at the same time, and so constantly comparing my 8 or 9 month results to others didn't have any positive effect on my confidence. I was a slow grower also, and mine took around 14 months to look normal.

The desire for dramatic improvement in density is totally understandable, given the money and the mental battle that one has to gear up for every time a photo is taken under harsh lighting conditions. 

Just give it time man, and trust in your body to do its thing. It may take 14 to 18 months, just as mine did, so just hang in there and don't let negative thoughts ground themselves into your psyche. You definitely still have more time bro. Hang in there!

• Like 2

Honestly looks pretty good mate, considering your entire head + temple points were implanted, how do you feel? 

Hey Payam, 

the difference is amazing, from where I started I now have had that can look good . I currently use fibres to make it look better 

the main issue is behind hairline and bright lights . 

How i I comb my hair makes a big difference . I cannot spike my hair or have a quiff yet 

Looks good coverage-wise and possibly more improving to come.

Also, remember that you did not receive 4,500 grafts just in your hairline and frontal 1/3rd, which was pretty much bald except for the center island and you probably got somewhere between 3k-3,500 there and the rest in your temple triangles, which look very dense and nature considering that not many doctors and clinics can pull those off.