My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

Very similar stage to mine where everything has shed long ago and nothing much happans now , this is the hardest stage by the start of month 4 you should see alot more sprouting don't worry about the bad reviews it's only a very small amount of people who have complaints on here when you compare to good results.

6 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

to be honest, all these negative posts have me petrified . Worried that my techs didn’t have experience, worried that the consultation was short, etc

I wouldn't worry, dude.  According to the timeline the clinic provides (as well as other sources), growth doesn't even usually *start* until around month 3.  As far as the negative reviews are concerned, it's a very small percentage of cases...two guys, in particular, have been very loud on here, but they don't even come close to representing the majority.

Edited by LordBaldwin
  • Like 1

Looks on course. Don't expect a huge cosmetic difference till at least 6 to 8 months when most of the magic will really kick in. From now till then small sprouting of hairs will occur and different times and in different areas, these will.be very weak at The start but by 6 -8 months it will.be a enough to makes huge difference.

• Administrators

Looking great man, how did I miss this thread. Your progress updates are much appreciated.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:28 PM, Kraistoff said:

Hello all

sorry for the repeated updates , but really feel like my hair is getting better and better every day 

DF0DD49D-674D-469D-BC1E-A49364DC413B.png

Bro don't ever apologize for being consistent with the updates, if anything THANK YOU! These threads are what all of us need to make an informed decision of where to go. I think your HT is coming along and I hope it thickens up in the coming months, more growth to come I bet!

• Like 1

Week 19 

4.5 months

i feel that my hair is getting thicker each day. Below are photos in natural light , in room light and with flash .

i am worried that due to my very pale skin and relatively dark hair, if I have any kind of density issue it will be noticeable (especially to me)

what do you you all think? 

E904989B-E3DA-4129-8002-52251E76AF05.png

3343D966-30E4-4B77-B3A8-EC4E9C86BDF3.jpeg

57866E97-1F20-46AC-9836-A54881E1A022.jpeg

CC4EE646-6AE8-491C-A32B-B53DDE6D36A0.jpeg

3CB7960A-978D-49D5-BFAE-46681FF60E4B.jpeg

B94A0ABA-0A3D-4364-B031-3D286A708574.png

8D673EE1-BF86-456D-ABE9-1DE01E8184E2.jpeg

F530FA1C-8E54-4D09-BA5A-0B3B2FF7167E.jpeg

681FFE4F-2AB5-4C9F-A1D3-9672BD73258E.jpeg

Edited by Kraistoff
  • Like 1

Week 19 

4.5 months

i feel that my hair is getting thicker each day. Below are photos in natural light , in room light and with flash .

i am worried that due to my very pale skin and relatively dark hair, if I have any kind of density issue it will be noticeable (especially to me)

And this was me before ...

5FEB893F-2683-4543-BED5-E16A37A973F3.png

Week 19 

4.5 months

And this was me before ...

Improving nicely. Although, you may want to consider getting your hair cut much shorter, it helps level out the difference between your native hair and the new hair as well as makes density look better than when it’s long and only at 4.5months.

I too have somewhat pale skin, and hair used to be dark ash but now more salt and pepper.

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Like 1

Don't worry so much. The biggest cosmetic change happans between 6 to 8 months. So far it's as expected. But yes I'm in the same boat as you I have pale skin and black hair. You should also realise that even though you had a lot of grafts you should always be prepared for a second surgery at some point to add density although at the moment it's too early to judge exactly how it will end up. Theres no such thing as 1 and done especially in an area where you had so much baldness before.Short hair like the other guy said will look better going forwards but not so short.

Edited by FarsanUk

Farsan

i knew this on the back of my mind. But wasn’t warned of this by Asmed. My rep even told me I didn’t have high contrast (I did have second thoughts before surgery ) 

i have spoken to Asmed after surgery raising my concerns about contrast and I have been told (via asmed on this forum) that hair to skin contrast isn’t the only factor in a successful hair transplant - which I agree with . 

Youre the first person that has told me I would need a second hair transplant. I knew it deep down as I did a lot of research. I chose asmed as they are known for more grafts than other clinics , so naturally the density would be better . But nobody on the clinic told me about this .